“Quaint and Comfy!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cristiana Guesthaus
Beaumont, Texas
“Quaint and Comfy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our ski trip this winter. This inn was so quaint and comfortable. It is very charming, and even better than I expected. Location was amazing. All the restaurants are in walking distance, and the staff gave great suggestions for places to eat. The breakfast was not a full hot breakfast, but it was still very delicious. Since we were snowboarding everyday, it was perfect because it was light and healthy. Wonderful fresh fruit that my husband and I both enjoyed very much. There were so many small touches that made our stay comfortable. Anytime of the day, I could make a cup of tea or hot cocoa and enjoy it by the fireplace. Fresh cookies were made every afternoon, and we loved using the hot tub after a long day on the slopes. For the price you just cant beat it.

Now the queen rooms are small, but we spent most of our time out and about. Also, they have great sitting areas upstairs and downstairs to relax. To me this is part of the experience staying in a guesthouse, meeting other people during breakfast or while we were taking a break from the slopes.

Lastly the reason I rated the Cristiana a 4 out of 5 is because of the paper thin walls. It is a slight adjustment for couples I think that are on a romantic getaway. With that said though, we would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location and extra amenities make up for the lack of privacy within the guest rooms. My husband and I both fell in love with Crested Butte, and can't wait to return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My family of 5 stayed at the Christiana last weekend (2 adults, 3 kids). We absolutely loved it! The home cooked breakfast was outstanding every day, and the self serve coffee and tea and homemade cookies in the afternoon were lovely perks. The common areas were warm and comfy and the owners made us feel very at home. It definitely felt like a true European style B&B -- the rooms are not large and there are no televisions (which we loved). If you are looking for privacy you might be disappointed as the common areas were often busy and it would be hard not to interact with other guests. The location is perfect -- short walk to shops and restaurants. We loved our stay! So fun!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We were only here for a few hours, as we arrived after a long day of travel and skiing, and left before we had breakfast…so, this review is basically based only on the room and location. The location was great - Free parking, close to the downtown area with all the restaurants and shops. There was a wonderful hot tub and nice big towels for your use. The reception was friendly and welcoming. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable, there is NO PRIVACY in this place. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the common area, in the rooms around us, etc. There are no TVs in the room, probably because of the noise issue - but it also made it impossible to mask the comings and goings and doings of others in the guest house. And, the rooms are quite small (we were in a double on the 2d floor). Not an issue for us as it was a quick overnight stay, but for those who are staying longer or are bringing more than one suitcase to the room, this may be a problem. Again, there are likely larger rooms - so you should certainly ask! For the price and location, it was a good deal. But big damper in the privacy department…..the breakfast smelled wonderful, and there are warm beverages available to guests all day - which is nice when you come in from the cold!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel (and I'll tell you why I call it a hotel rather than a guesthouse in a second) has no soundproofing... at all. Enough said? Right.
I call it a hotel because unlike a guesthouse which has a personal feel and friendly staff this place was cold and aloof. Don't get me wrong, its quirky looking with the fireplace and memorabilia on the walls but there was no connection between the staff and the guests. During my 8 day stay there I received no more than a head nod or good morning each day. For a small town guesthouse I expected them to offer suggestions on things to do, ask me how my day was things like that. But it was more like a hotel where they just want you to pay and get out. I didn't enjoy it and I don't recommend Cristiana Hotel ahem Guesthaus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kerri_1986
cristianaguesthaus, Owner at Cristiana Guesthaus, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Yes, we are an older ski lodge, quaint and full of character, not some modern concrete block hotel! Sometimes noise transfer can be an problem. We are working on retro fitting sound insulation throughout the building which should help, but it’s probably never going to be perfect.
It’s a shame you did not think we were friendly, but we don’t think you can fault us in the friendliness department!! We did notice that you kept to yourself during your stay, and on the occasions we saw you sitting in the lobby you always had your nose stuck in your iphone. As you rarely even looked up at us when we passed or responded when we nodded or said Hi, we assumed you preferred to be left alone. We are always very happy to chat with our guests, but we are aware that not everyone wants to make polite conversation, so we take our cue from our guests interactions with us. Our advice if you really want people to engage with you is put the iphone down, make eye contact and smile, and if you have a question ask it, you’ll find it makes all the difference!!
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Coming home to Crested Butte to lay a family member to rest is never easy. Rosie and Martin made this weekend as easy and comfortable as it could be. They graciously opened their common area to other members of my family, keeping the coffee pot full and the hot water flowing.
My 81 year old aunt said she slept like a baby! The Christiana Guesthaus would be perfect for a family reunion, wedding party, or other medium size get togethers- maybe a " girls weekend". The building overall is cleverly laid out with a tv sitting area, a large fireplace sitting area, little cozy nook areas to relax. There is a sauna and hot tub, with spacious deck and outdoor areas! When I come home to Crested Butte in the future- I will stay here, at the Christiana Guesthaus!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

The only reason for giving a 4 instead of a 5 is that the rooms are very small, and probably not as soundproof as we would have liked. The facility overall is very nice and cozy, and has a warm, home-like atmosphere. The huge fireplace and the comfortable furniture invites guests to get together and get to know each other, which we did. The outdoor hot tub was great also. The breakfast was very good, which made it difficult for those of us watching our calories!
As others have pointed out, this is not really a "true" B & B; it is sort of a cross between a B & B and an inn. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
South Padre Island, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Cristiana Guesthaus in late August. We received a small room on the main level and stayed for 3 nights. The room was okay, bed very comfortable with nice linens. The highlight of the stay at the B&B was the fabulous, healthy and very delicious breakfast! Every morning there were bowls of fresh cut fruit, home made delicious granola and each day brought a different type of home baked pastry. Boy, can that owner bake!!!

The fireplace in the cozy great room was a nice addition to the evening, since the room lacked a TV.

Room Tip: I would ask for a larger room, next time! I would also ask for a room away from the great room, as...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#6 of 9 in Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
#7 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to Cristiana Guesthaus? Share your experiences!