“Great happy hour deal and good food too”
Review of Donita's Cantina

Donita's Cantina
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We sat down at the bar for a couple drinks before dinner and were pleasantly surprised that happy hour was in progress. The margaritas were served in pint glasses and were very tasty and potent. Free chips too! Our visit was already a success. We put our name in to get a table and after we had waited awhile we asked the bartender if we could eat at the bar and luckily the answer was yes because we were getting and continued to get great service from the bartender (I think his name was Chris but too many margaritas makes my memory fuzzy). The food was very good and we were happy with the offerings ranging from vegetarian to chicken fajitas.

There are newer reviews for Donita's Cantina

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had the steak fajitas tonight and they were terrific. This is just a great place to have Mexican food in CB! Great service, consistently good food and wonderful margaritas!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We didn't have to wait for a table. The waiter was very nice and fun. They had great margaritas and the food was delicious! It was a little crowded with how close some of the tables were, but it wasn't too bad. They staff were all great and so nice.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went to the Cantina last night to have a meal with my boyfriend. After living here for 7 months I thought I would like to give something new a try. Worst idea I could have made. The food was good and the place was practically empty, but after leaving around 8 pm and going home and going to bed, I started feeling the symptoms at about 12 o'clock at night. At about 12:30am I began throwing up consistently every half hour and at some points more frequently until 7:30 in the morning. I will spare you the more gruesome details, but I can tell you right now I am bed ridden and still in so much pain. I lost sleep, I was unable to go to work, and I know that I will not go back there ever again. And for your own knowledge, I got their veggie burrito.

3  Thank EmilyJane42
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Donitas has been serving wonderful Mexican food and Margaritas for something like 30 years, maybe more. It is the kind of place that when you start thinking about Crested Butte, you start looking forward to having dinner at Donitas! It is large and we have always had no trouble getting a table. It has a large bar area with fireplace dividing it from the restaurant. Great service, great food…what is not to love! Few things are better after a long hard day of skiing than Margaritas and mexican food and no one does it better than Donitas!