“Surprise.......Surprise”

Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Surprise.......Surprise”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I stopped in this restaurant while visiting Crested Butte, primarily as a result of the recommendation from the hostess of a "competitor" restaurant. She was absolutely right.

The restaurant as been purchased and refurbished by the new owners since last year and the improvements are very noticable. We had eaten here a couple of years ago and were generally very unimpressed. This time was much different.

We both had the mushroom soup, which was excellent, very flavorful, with a rich almost beef-like flavor. Also, we both had the Greek Salad. Again, very fresh, with a unique combination of several lettuces, olives, and peppers.

Conclusion: An excellent place for lunch and most probably equally good for a light dinner.

• Visited January 2014

Athens, Georgia
“Excellent food and drink at a great price”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The best soups and gyros we have ever experienced. If you want an outstanding meal at a great price, this is great choice.

• Visited January 2014
nyc
“Good pick up food. Nice place for quick bite”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had lunch here, a pita, and soup. I would go back. There is outdoor seating at tables and a bar-like setting looking over Elk ave. Nice in good weather. I didn't eat inside, so I can't speak to that.

Visited June 2013
Montrose, Colorado
“When you want Greek this is the place”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our experience at Pita In Paradise was great. A real comfortable place to lunch. We had the Red Pepper Soup which is out of this world. There is no better Pita smoked turkey san. Waitress very much on top of her job. Will make this our favorite place when in Crested Butte.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Charles C
“Fantastic!! ”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We visited here on 10/8 and I don't have one negative thing to report. At first after reading other reviews, I wasn't interested because it sounded like more of a lunch place and we were looking for an early dinner. I was wrong. We got here about 4:30 in the afternoon in time for happy hour. We both had 2 glasses of house wine for $4/each and the waitress apologized for overfilling the second glass. I was bummed! ; ) We both had cups of Roasted Red Pepper Gouda Soup and I could have eaten it for dinner. That soup rocked. I had gyros as my entree. The waitess was friendly, kept our table free of empty dishes, and the place was clean. It looked like a local hangout, and I'd much rather go to a place where locals go than some trendy tourist trap. The prices were MORE than reasonable, and when I had a question about the accuracy of our check, the waitress (Shannon) removed the item in question. The baklava was homemade and I couldn't resist. We live in Denver and are just sorry there is no Pitas in Paradise there! We will be back without any doubt.
Allison and Lizzie from Denver