We stayed at the Grand Lodge for two nights, on the last weekend of the "official" summer season. It is a comfortable lodge in a beautiful Colorado resort town. The fall colors were amazing. We stayed in a King Suite. The room was nice, by no means luxurious, and had a small kitchenette. The bedding was not very comfortable. Not sure how to explain it, but it made a lot of "noise" any time you moved in the bed. It was a very "stiff" cotton. What we were most surprised at, was the lack of customer service throughout the lodge. The front desk staff was not very knowledgeable about the Crested Butte Village and what restaurants were available. I went to the front desk to get a map of the local hiking and biking trails. Apparently the person that assisted me had just come off of their break, as the overwhelming smell of cigarettes on his breath was nauseating. The maid staff came in early and cleaned the room. However, they failed to leave us a bath mat for the floor, so we had to use one of the towels. The restaurant that is on site was VERY challenged. We went down for a drink the first night and the bartender had no idea what was on their wine list. She said she had just come off of a week's vacation and couldn't remember. Really?? They were also understaffed. The second night we were there was very busy and they only had the bartender on staff and one waiter. They simply could not keep up! We observed one hotel guest come down to order food to go. He told the bartender he had tried four times to call for room service, only to be hung up on every time. She said it was because "she was slammed". The bartender appeared to hate her job and it was apparent in the way she dealt with customers. We would happily return to Crested Butte for another visit, but would choose to try another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Crested Butte features 226 oversized hotel rooms and spacious suites to accommodate all types of travelers. Every room is surprisingly affordable and includes comforts and conveniences to make your stay ideal, any time of the year. Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Climate Control Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Consistent with most Colorado mountain resorts, the Grand Lodge does not offer air-conditioning in guest rooms. Pet Friendly Property The Grand Lodge welcomes well-behaved dogs of all shapes and sizes. Pet friendly rooms are limited, so please reserve in advance. A nightly $30 fee for each pet will be charged to your room, and a portion of this fee will be donated to P.A.W.S., a local animal rescue service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Lodge Crested Butte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge Crested Butte Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Resort Crested Butte