We stayed in a corner king room during the hotel's spring off season and were very glad that we didn't come here in peak season as the room was quite a disappointment. The bed was rock hard, the worst I've ever slept on in a hotel. I had to fight with the window shades all night to keep the parking lot lights from beaming onto my face due to the fact that the curtains didn't cover the entire window. The bathtub in the room was nice but it really wasn't going to overcome the wretched bed and pillow combo.
They were getting ready for summer and they had piled conference chairs, fans, etc in the hallway between our room and the elevator so we spent two days feeling like we were staying in a utility closet.
Also, when we are traveling together, I always use the bathroom in the lobby out of courtesy to my wife. The lobby bathroom in this hotel was so gross... I have seen cleaner bathrooms in truck stops. First time I went in there it was late at night and I figured they just hadn't gotten around to cleaning it yet. By the next evening when the same urine and feces stains were still on one of the toilets, I realized it came down to no one really caring.
Spa prices were ludicrous. We found a place in town where we got a couples massage for less than half the price.
The restaurant was closed while we were there so there was no food at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Crested Butte features 226 oversized hotel rooms and spacious suites to accommodate all types of travelers. Every room is surprisingly affordable and includes comforts and conveniences to make your stay ideal, any time of the year. Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Climate Control Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Consistent with most Colorado mountain resorts, the Grand Lodge does not offer air-conditioning in guest rooms. Pet Friendly Property The Grand Lodge welcomes well-behaved dogs of all shapes and sizes. Pet friendly rooms are limited, so please reserve in advance. A nightly $30 fee for each pet will be charged to your room, and a portion of this fee will be donated to P.A.W.S., a local animal rescue service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Lodge Crested Butte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge Crested Butte Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Resort Crested Butte