This was our 20th year wedding anniversary trip with our two dogs. First, they put us in the wrong room (not the pet friendly ones). So, we had to be moved. We were then put in a segregated area next to the check in desk on the first floor. Every part of the day and night as long as there were guests checking in, we could hear every single conversation and laughter. Every night, I had to wake up from my sleep to shut the hall way door so that the noise could be buffered by the doors. But, that did not help much as someone would somehow reopen them and kept them opened. The doors to these particular rooms would shut so loud that the walls would shake. I asked to be moved to another area where it is not next to the check in desk and where the doors did not make a thundering bang when it shut. Although the manager tried to find me another room, we were stuck quarantined in this part of the hotel that was away from the main guest rooms/area because we had pets. They locked the door latch to the hallway so that it would not shut as loud, but there was nothing to be done with the doors to the guest rooms that were just as loud if not worse because the doors would shut more frequently as guests go in and out of their rooms. The five nights that we were there to celebrate what was a major milestone in our lives, turned out to be the worse vacation we ever took in the 20 years together. We stayed most of the time in our rooms with our dogs and ordered food to go or cooked something from the kitchenette. We would take our dogs out to town and take a nap in our car just so that we could get in a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. Crested Butte is a beautiful town and we would definitely go back to Crested Butte again, but we will never stay at the Grand Lodge ever...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Crested Butte features 226 oversized hotel rooms and spacious suites to accommodate all types of travelers. Every room is surprisingly affordable and includes comforts and conveniences to make your stay ideal, any time of the year. Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Climate Control Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Consistent with most Colorado mountain resorts, the Grand Lodge does not offer air-conditioning in guest rooms. Pet Friendly Property The Grand Lodge welcomes well-behaved dogs of all shapes and sizes. Pet friendly rooms are limited, so please reserve in advance. A nightly $30 fee for each pet will be charged to your room, and a portion of this fee will be donated to P.A.W.S., a local animal rescue service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Lodge Crested Butte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge Crested Butte Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Resort Crested Butte