The Ruby is aptly named as it is a true gem. I returned this morning from a wonderful stay with 5 friends. I have stayed in all types of lodging in CB and can honestly say that from now on I will only stay at The Ruby. It is rare to find a hotel or B&B that hits a homerun in every area and yet, Chris and Andrea and their staff knock it out of the park every time. Several things among many make this a wonderful experience...
1. Cleanliness...This place is spotless! Not a dust bunny or smudge to be found. It is evident that they take pride in this home, no detail is missed.
2. Friendliness...I would challenge you to find a friendlier staff. They are warm, genuine, and accommodating at a level that is unsurpassed.
3. Comfort...wonderful beds, excellent linens, comfy common areas, beautiful dining area, stocked fridge with microbrews, sodas, and water, wines, hot tea, coffee and specialty coffee drinks, nuts, fresh baked cookies, chocolates by the bed, plush amenities in the bathroom, fluffy towels, beautiful landscaping...I could keep going but just make your reservation and go experience it yourself :-) You won't regret it!
4. Location...The B&B is just a short walk to Elk (the Main street of CB) putting shopping and restaurants just around the corner; it is just up the hill about 5 minutes to horseback riding and skiing and the rec trail and biking and hiking are just up the street. The Ruby provides free cruiser bikes which are fun and super convenient. The views from here are beautiful as well.
5. Food...everyone on TripAdvisor mentions the food, but I'd love to echo it. It is fantastic. A breakfast like this anywhere would be $30-$40 minimum. I am already craving the ham and egg cupcakes.
6. Green...if you want fresh, organic, local food, chemical free cleaners and green products this is the place. I take it as a personal compliment that Chris and Andrea care enough about their guests and the community to go the extra mile in donating to causes that support a healthier environment while living out this philosophy everyday at their own B&B. Thank you for the nontoxic air freshener :-) and all the other earth and people friendly products!
I just can't say enough good things about my experience here. It is truly the best B&B I have visited. Thank you to the entire staff at The Ruby for a wonderful getaway. I can't wait to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated #1 Colorado Bed and Breakfast Inn by TripAdvisor, and recommended by Sunset and Southern Living magazines! Colorful. Authentic. Connected. Truly Crested Butte! The Ruby is Crested Butte's premier Bed and Breakfast Inn for the discerning visitor seeking gracious treatment, abundant amenities, and a destination where affordable luxury and environmental responsibility create an exceptional guest experience. The Ruby is located in historic downtown Crested Butte in the heart of the coveted Bed and Breakfast District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ruby of Crested Butte - A Luxury B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.