“Wonderful B&B”

GreenLeadersGold level
Broomfield, Colorado
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We only spent one night here, but I'm confident we will be going back. The room was very nice and comfortable. Fresh flowers in the room and we had a great view of the mountains. The breakfast was fabulous - very tasty! The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is walking distance to the downtown area with shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: We were in room 3 and had a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Carbondale, CO
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just returned from a weekend getaway with the girls and we cannot say enough about the exceptional stay we had at the Ruby. The staff was wonderful and attentive and made sure we were pampered. Fresh cupcakes and flowers in our room, yummy breakfast, complimentary beverages and lots of great advice about what to do made it a five star experience. The town cruiser bikes were fun! Beds were comfortable. Games, books and dvds provided lots to do. Thanks so much to the entire staff for being so wonderful. We look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two level suite, which sleeps up to 6. All the rooms were adorable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My daughter and her husband (and our dog) hiked from Aspen to Crested Butte and my husband and I (and their dog!) took the easy way out and drove to Crested Butte. We met them in Gothic and then went straight to The Ruby. My husband and I stayed at The Ruby when they first opened about 8 years ago and it is even better now than it was then. It is a great building with lots of "public" areas to relax in and the rooms are terrific. We booked the Penthouse so we could all stay together and there is plenty of space for 2 couples (and 2 dogs!). We borrowed bikes (compliments of The Ruby) and rode to town, had dinner and a wonderful time, and rode our bikes the short distance home. We were met with homemade cookies! Breakfast is beyond wonderful-actually 3 courses!!!! We loved chatting with our chef (who also is the owner) and just had a wonderful time. We all felt we had been on a week's vacation and we were only gone over night. This is THE place to stay in Crested Butte if you want to be pampered! The bed was so comfortable I actually checked to see what kind of mattress it was@!

Room Tip: If you need a big room for 2 couples, the Penthouse is the way to go.
Green Features: They have wonderful all natural biodegradable bath products which smell divine!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Vail, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2013

From the moment we arrived (when Andrea offered to bike in the rain to a hotel on the other side of town to pick up some things I had packed in a friend's suitcase), we knew this was a special place. Nothing fancy, just homey and comfortable, but the service was outstanding. We had a large group and most were in another inn - everyone was jealous that we got the Ruby! We loved the bikes for riding around the town; the breakfast was fabulous; the staff warm and friendly. My husband forgot his hiking boots when we left the next morning - and no problem, they were mailed to us immediately. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Woody Creek, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Ruby is one of the most, if not the most, tasteful and perfect places in Colorado. Owners Andrea and Chris have created a friendly but super classy place that embodies so much of what there is to love about Colorado. We enjoyed the clean hot tub after a long hike, had a blast on their name-sake red cruisers, which made us instantly part if the in-crowd in Crested Butte, and loved being encouraged by the staff to enjoy all that we could rather than being barraged by reminders of rules. I have recommended it to all of my friends!

• Stayed August 2013
Colo Spgs, CO
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We just returned from a stay for a long weekend at the Ruby. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms crisp and fresh. But what makes the Ruby a "gem" are the people. We went back to the Ruby for our second stay because of the people. Chris and Andrea are incredible hosts. Staff like Cassie and Alison makes you feel like family. Let's just say you will not leave The Ruby hungry after a truly gourmet breakfast. You truly feel like you are having breakfast or a chat with a friend talking with any one of them. Their knowledge of the back country in this area is also a huge plus. We'll always go back to the Ruby when Crested Butte is on our itinerary.

Green Features: The Ruby is very environmentally conscious. It is evident in the paper products, the water purifiers to refill your water bottles. They are definitely doing their part to help conserve.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed at The Ruby for more than two weeks this summer. Both rooms I stayed in were well decorated, but small. However, it's the staff that make The Ruby outstanding. They are friendly and knowledgeable about the area and activities. They quickly and efficiently took care of any requests I had from organizing a jeep tour, to calling about events in town and other needs that I had come up during my time there. They are attentive to individual needs and accommodated my dietary needs. They are incredibly thoughtful too; they gave me a lovely gift as I was celebrating my birthday and the owner, Andrea, made dairy and gluten free cupcakes for me. They even had a little gift for my dog, who was also celebrating a birthday!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo