The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Old Town Inn(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$86
Groupon.com
Lodge at Mountaineer Square(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$184
  • Pool
Elk Mountain Lodge(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$164
Grand Lodge Crested Butte(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$184
Crested Butte International Lodge & Hostel(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$79
Inn at Crested Butte(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$102
Cristiana Guesthaus(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$134
The Nordic Inn(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$136
Priceline
WestWall Lodge(Crested Butte)
US$464
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski valetwine receptionfire pitslope sidebell staffindoor poolrestaurant staffin townsteam roomoff seasonbeautiful roomsmall balconyhot tubski tripmini kitchenfitness centerchair lift
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our room was lovely...helpful staff throughout. The 9380 Prime restaurant was delicious...thank you Chef Ben & staff. Had dinner here and are now looking forward to our Thanksgiving meal. The spa was so heavenly...you must try the steam room and the Taylor River Hot Stone massage was amazing. Great amenities including Olympic training gym w/ unbelievable view. Phenomenal location...walk right onto ski lifts...fun, kid friendly shops right around the corner...children's museum, etc.

Room Tip: With this location, all rooms are fabulous in my opinion...good views from all balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

It was off season so the rates were incredible for room we stayed in. There was a complimentary wine bar as well as other amenities. We couldn't haves asked more of the staff. There was nothing negative about the facility but the restaurants in town left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel Labor Day weekend and the entire experience was disappointing. We booked one of the most expensive rooms available. We were told that the views were beautiful mountainside. In actuality, we were overlooking a parking lot and a construction site, not that it mattered because the windows were so filthy and covered in sticky residue you could barely see through them ( I was told by the manager that this was due to the windy summer). The fridge was broken, so we had the pleasure of filling up the kitchen sink with ice to keep our drinks cold. There was a huge stain on the bed (the manager said this was because the hotel was so busy for the weekend, that the housekeeping was in a rush, I wonder what else the housekeeping skimped on). The hotel has no air conditioning, but they do have ceiling fans in each room. Unfortunately for us, ours was broken. We opened the windows and were woken up by hammering early Sunday morning. They have a hotel restaurant which serves breakfast. the first day the line was out into the lobby so we decided to cone back the following morning. After waiting for 20 minutes, we were told that they ran out of eggs, so nothing with eggs was available in the menu. All of these things were annoying, but at the end of the day what made this experience awful, was the piss poor management. Upon checking in and seeing the poor state of our room, I went down to speak to a manger. I was told she was unavailable. After three hours of no follow-up, we tried again on our way out for the night and I have to tell you, we would have been better off talking to a five year old. The manager, Cindy, was a mess and her only excuse was that the hotel was overloaded with guests due to Groupon. I spoke with the Vice President, Lynn, after my stay. She apologizes on behalf of the hotel and said that Cindy had offered to compensate us monetarily, but we had turned her down. (that makes sense...I would turn down a refund for our deluxe, but nasty room). After a number of calls with Lynn, each time with her apologizing for not following through with me and then eventually never returning my calls, I summed her up to being as useless as Cindy. If you want a crappy weekend filled with incompetence hotel management, this is your place.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelBug132013
Elevation M, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback concerning your experience at our hotel, Elevation Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to learn that your time with us was anything less than perfect. Since your stay we have made a change in the Hotel Management Company and hope you will consider staying with us again.
~Elevation Hotel and Spa Management

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Crested Butte in the summer is a beautiful place. The Elevation Hotel and Spa is at the base of the mountain, walking distance to hiking, biking, and shopping. The spa is fantastic! Can't say enough!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My dad and I stayed here in mid-October. It was off-season so we got a great deal on a luxurious room. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was great. It's worth noting that this is in Mt. Crested Butte - which is just north of the town of Crested Butte. We were driving around the town trying to find the hotel until we called and they explained the difference. I would have loved to stay downtown so I was a bit disappointed to learn that we were a 3 miles north.

We went to breakfast the next morning and since it was their last day before they closed, it was somewhat chaotic and incredibly slow. The staff were still super friendly, but it threw off our schedule for the day and we almost missed our next activity.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family