“Look no further!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Southlake, Texas
“Look no further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family of five + 1 spent Spring Break at Elevation; our stay was fabulous and I highly recommend this resort/spa! Our adjoined rooms, complete with kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, & coffee maker served our group fabulously.

In addition to my family, 7 other families joined us on this trip for a total of 40! The Elevation staff was tremendous! They situated our rooms together and provided direction, recommendations and assistance on a consistent basis; the on-site laundry room was very convenient. Add, with a group this size and ages between 4 to 40 something.... we had several requests, including a trip to the local Dr. for a broken bone; snowboarding accident. Dr. Moore's practice is walking distance from Elevation's entrance BTW.

My wife enjoyed the Spa and the kids were free and safe to roam the facility and surrounding village at the discretion. Jacuzzi's after a day of skiing were a big hit!

The restaurant, "9380", was great! They served us for a quick breakfast for one up to a wonderful dinner for all 40 of us; I enjoyed the fish tacos on more than one occasion. Add their patio bar with live music and fit pit was the place to be when the legs get tired from the slopes. I suggest you grab a spot a 2ish, settle in and enjoy the sights. You can see the entire mountain, add your about 2 steps from your skis if you want to jump back in for another run. If you feel compelled to see more of Crested Butte, jump on the free shuttle into town and enjoy the many eateries; I liked the Rum Distillery, Montanya!

Cheers to Elevation and a fabulous stay, thank you & see you next year. Actually, this summer, I hear its beautiful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Another great review listing even more of the amenities and activities we have to offer. Thank you very much for the great comments, we sincerely appreciate them. I'm also happy that you mentioned Summer at the Elevation! You heard right, it is beyond beautiful! I'm happy you had a great time and that we were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to having you return as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
prior lake mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in early March and had a good experience in Crested Butte, hit fresh snow and left with smiles on our faces. The Elevation Hotel is a nice facility at a great spot (few steps from the base of Silver Queen). The finishes in our room were very nice.

However, the facility could make a few more efforts to have the service match the location. The funny thing is that the Elevation was not alone with this regard during my trip to CB and other locations in this general area which had me scratching my head at the end of the week.

We had great service at the valet parking area both when we arrived and left so hats off to the crew there. We checked in and that was all smooth so off to our room and as we were checking out the room I noticed plaster (from the ceiling) on the floor of the bathtub. Obviously that wasn't going to work so we called the front desk and they told us to hang on and they would figure something out. After what seemed to be about ~15minutes (time to finish 1 beer) I started to wonder what was going on. I was just going to head to the front desk and as I opened the door there was a staff member to take us to our new room. Off we happily went and settled in. I noted a voicemail and found it was the front desk and they were willing to offer us a room upgrade. We declined since we were moved in but offered instead the option for something else which they readily approved so good recovery.

The next few days were good with a couple of bobbles including no coffee restock of the room, understaffed at breakfast slowing us by 30 minutes to get to the hill (same problem at Christies when we were picking up eqpt).

When we checked out we had to pay attention more then we would have expected. The gratis items that were discussed during the room change were still on the bill so I would have been charged if I hadn't been paying attention. Also, the ski valet was stumped when we looked to get our skis transferred to our car. One set of skis was easily transferred down to the car but the second set went missing for about 20 minutes. The car valet's saved the day and found them. It was kind of a sour note to leave on.

I would stay again but I would expect them to up their service game. I am on vacation and for the room cost I expect that I should not have to project manage so many elements of my stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper stay more than one room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Elevation Hotel & Spa. I appreciate you taking the time to help us know the things we are doing well and the areas we can improve. It sounds like you experienced some of both. I am happy that you had an enjoyable ski vacation, and I assure you that we will continue to improve and that we will use your comments to help us do so. Our goal is always to exceed guest expectations and we obviously fell short in a couple of areas and I sincerely apologize for that. I hope you will choose the Elevation Hotel for your next vacation so you can experience the kind of service you deserve and we believe is our normal standard.
Thanks again for your help and for choosing the Elevation Hotel
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our family of five stayed at The Elevation the week of spring break and we were super impressed with the service, food, and location of the hotel. Eleni at the front desk was very helpful upon check-in and even arranged for us to have two adjoining rooms. We ate at 9830 on several occasions and the tacos, chili, pasta, and even the items on the Kids Menu were outstanding. We ordered room service breakfast every morning - and it never took longer than 25 minutes to receive the food. After skiiing each day it was incredible to end the afternoon at the outdoor firepit overlooking the slopes with family and friends to enjoy drinks and hot chocolates for the kids. On the days our kids did not want to ski there was plenty to do at the hotel - pool, hot tub, sledding, and playing on the lower part of the mountain. The location of the hotel is the best in Mt Crested Butte. The back deck of 9830 at the hotel is less than 100 feet from the two main lifts and the ski school is right at the back of the hotel. Plus you can rent your gear in the hotel lobby or 20 feet across from the front door of the hotel at Flatiron sports.

I have skied at 4 resorts in Colorado and Crested Butte is now my favorite. It is a great town with friendly people and staying at the Elevation definitely merits several return trips.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for the great review! It sounds like your entire family had a terrific ski vacation! We do have a terrific location and wonderful staff to make sure you have everything you need and a great restaurant that continues to get better. I'm happy that we were able to contribute to making your vacation great and memorable!
We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Crested Butte and the Elevation Hotel.
Thanks again!
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I have been taking our 4 kids skiing for many years and we usually rent a house or condo for the conveniences. This year we chose to stay at Elevation and we were so happy with our decision. What a beautiful resort!!! Plus, Elevation offers all of the conveniences of a house or condo (laundry facility, kitchen/kitchenettes, etc) along with the comfort of a hotel/spa. And it is literally right there at the base of the mountain, right next to 2 lifts, the ticket office and the ski school. We absolutely loved our vacation this year. The shuttle bus service from Elevation to the Mt. Crested Butte downtown area was great as well. We were there for one week and never had to take our car out of the valet. My boys loved the independence we were able to give them with the conveniences of the slopes as well as restaurants, shopping and swimming!! This was the best Spring Break we have had and after skiing in many different locations, we don't feel the need to go anywhere else. Thank you to Elevation for providing such a comfortable, convenient and safe place for our family ski trip!!! Crested Butte is a great place to ski!! See you next year!!

Room Tip: Rooms are large and have all of the conveniences; Many room types (suites, etc) seem to be availabl...
1 Thank Vicki D
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review! It sounds like you had a terrific vacation, and I'm happy that we were able to contribute to a great Spring Break. Crested Butte really is a great place to ski and the I'm happy that the Elevation hotel and staff were able to offer you all the conveniences and service to go along with a great ski mountain.
We look forward to having you as our guest again next year for another memorable ski vacation!
Thanks
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Pam and Christy at the Elevation's check-in/front office rectified a reservation error I made when I booked a room for my wife and I for two nights in Feb. when our trip was for those two nights in March (duh!). I fully expected my stupidity to be penalized with the loss of our room charge for the Feb. no show and a higher rate for our March stay, as we had traveled there and were at their mercy. Rather than justifiably doing this, they credited the Feb. charge and honored the Feb. room rate, while upgrading our room to a slope-side view! We enjoyed a wonderful stay, a great meal at the hotel restaurant, and my wife relaxed with a massage at the Spa. It made for a great family reunion (my two brothers were also staying there). Phenomenal customer service there and throughout the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for the great comments. I am happy that we were able to turn a potentially bad experience into a great vacation stay! Pam and Christy are great and I will make sure they know that they did the right thing and that it was appreciated by both you and I. Our goal is to always exceed guest expectations and we're happy that you enjoyed a relaxing and fun vacation at the Elevation Hotel!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We booked with Groupon so got it a little cheaper than it should have been. We arrived Sunday 10th March at 3.30 and were given a room at 4.30. We started to unload and I noticed a stinky smell. Looked at my two boys who were in black track pants and they were covered (and I mean covered) in dog hair. It was disgusting. My husband called and said we have to move the stink was the dogs and the dog hair was everywhere we tried to open the door but this just made it more airborne. We packed everything up and left the room. At 7.30 (!!) after much deliberation by the desk and from my husband we were given another room. So we hot footed it to find it was occupied (!!!) back to front desk to be told there is no one in the room. Yes there was!! Back to front desk for another room. Finally at 8.30 (ish) we got a room. Lilly, Scott and the desk manager did a great job getting us finally sorted and are a credit to the hotel. We were annoyed as missed getting our ski equipment and lift passes and had not eaten since lunchtime. The hotel restaurant was closed due to a burst pipe and we ended up racing to the Avalanche restaurant off site (general store was closed too). There is obvious huge issues with the housekeeping that needs addressing. The hotel is NOT cheap and there are other cheaper options close by. front desk is doing a sterling job but housekeeping is compromising the standard of this hotel. I saw the front desk people on numerous occasions picking wrappers up off the floor. Nope sorry they should not be doing that!!! The location is superb, the free bus to town so convenient, gym first class. Housekeeping sucks sorry Elevation hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. First let me apologize for the problems you experienced here, especially the housekeeping issues. Those are very concerning to me, and I assure you we are taking action to correct those issues. The broken pipe was a nightmare for all of us and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. We have many great employees including our front desk people, and I'm happy they were able to be of some assistance to you. We really do have a great location, fabulous gym and some great employees. We will quickly resolve the housekeeping issue so that you will have a terrific experience with us on your next visit to Crested Butte. We would love the opportunity to serve you again!
Murphy, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

No room service, restarauant was closed. No shuttle, and valet only had one guy. You would have to go get your own car. Front desk doesn't answer the phone. Dog friendly hotel is one thing, but I shouldn't expect to find dog hair all over our bed sheets. This was the case and house keeping said this has been a major issue.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dcusey
Paul C, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. I promise to use your comments to help in our training efforts. I really apologize for the problems you encountered. As you may or may not have been told, we had a major pipe break in our kitchen. For the safety of our guests we had to close the restaurant until the repairs could be completed. Unfortunately that problem was out of our control, but I can still understand how that could have an impact on the your vacation experience. The other items you mentioned are in our control and I sincerely apologize for those issues and assure you that those items certainly are not our standard and again promise you that we will do everything possible to correct those quickly to ensure they do not happen again to you, or any of our valued guests.
Thanks again, and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again with a much improved experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crested Butte
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte
Elk Mountain Lodge
Elk Mountain Lodge
#3 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!