“Great room & Excellent Spa”

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great room & Excellent Spa”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am always a little leery of booking a hotel outside of a known chain (eg: Hilton, Marriott, etc.) but this one will rival any location of those chains. The room was beautiful, clean and well sized. It was nice to have the small fridge for drinks and the like. One of the best hotel mattresses I have slept on in some time. What I must talk about, though, is the spa. Bordering in spiritual, this was one of the best spa experiences I have ever had. The services, facilities, and staff could not have been more enjoyable. The steam room and rain water showers are a must for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello AnotherGreer,

I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel. While a lot of people visit to ski or bike until their hearts are content, a good amount of people stay with us just to enjoy our spa. Between the mountain view, the endless spa amenities and the comfortable beds, it sounds like you were treated like a queen! Thanks for taking a chance on an independent hotel. We were honored to serve you.

Meredith R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Elevation during the spring ski season and loved it. Our room was great - we had a pretty view of the mountain. We had a Deluxe 1 Bedroom suite, and would recommend booking that if you are staying a while to have some space. The staff was wonderful especially the crew working in the valet/car area, they were very nice and accommodating. We celebrated a birthday on our first day and I called ahead to have them send up a bucket of Colorado beers to the room, which was perfect! The food at the hotel restaurant, 9380 Prime Restaurant & Bar, was also very good. We ate breakfast there every morning. The outside bar and fireplace was great for a quick mountain lunch and after ski drinks. The hotel was also so convenient being at the bottom of the lifts, and very easy to walk to take the bus into town at night. Also, we got engaged on this trip and the staff was helpful in executing that plan! Stay here!

Room Tip: Room on the mountain side are a little louder in the afternoon during ski season (near the 9380 Rest...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Blair B,

First off, Congratulations! Engaged on a ski trip? It doesn't get much better than that! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are grateful for your awesome review. Have you thought about a destination wedding? (Hint hint)... just kidding. In all seriousness, enjoy your wedding planning process and remember Elevation when you book your next getaway!

Sincerely, Meredith R.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for girlfriend's birthday. The room was immaculate. They went out of there way to have a special birthday bottle of wine in the room when we arrived. Sarah Lavato and her staff, made the stay unforgettable. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who has never seen Crested Butte Co. The manager Christy was very helpful through out the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Meredith R, Communications Coordinator at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Glenn H,

Happy belated birthday to your girlfriend! I am glad we were able to make the weekend extra special for the both of you. We're grateful for your kind comments and hope to see you back again soon! Best birthday wishes, Meredith R. Hotel Staff.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for an anniversary weekend. Had prepurchased room and had both printed and email confirmation of reservation. Upon check-in front desk is completely lost (3 people no less), can't find my reservation and acts like they don't know what to do. I proceed to call the travel company (instead of the front desk) get it sorted out (after 45 minutes) and get my room key.

Upon check-out I get (literally the same) same 3 people and I'm presented with a bill for the rack rate of the room. Again I proceed to explain the situation. Women at front desk acts indignant and unknowing to conversation we had just the day before. Not worth the hassle for a mediocre room/hotel. Won't be going back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shawn-COS
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Shawn-COS,

Thank you for staying at our hotel for your anniversary weekend and for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand why you were frustrated with the service you recieved at the front desk during your stay and I have made note of your complaints.

I noticed that your review is from your stay in August 2013 and I am glad to inform you that many changes have been made since then to improve customer service. I assure you that if you were to choose to stay with us again you would have a better experience all-around. I hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we are improving. Meanwhile, I wish you many more wonderful years of marriage.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very nice mountain town property. The hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful during the stay. The room was clean and had all of the necessary amenities, even during a summer off season business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BH2O
Hello BH2O,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are honored by your compliments. Crested Butte is one of the last true ski-towns and I am happy that you got a taste of what we have to offer, even during our off-season. We hope to see you again soon!

Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel boasts a superior location for the slopes and over the top staff. We were here for a church group spring break ski trip. Crested Butte is a remote location itself but this place makes it worth the trip. They have a cocktail and appetizer hour and an inviting lounge with a beautiful fireplace. The staff goes above and beyond to exceed expectations. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014
Hello Lfferg,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Furthermore, I am happy to hear that we will have a chance to serve you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we work hard to please our guests and it is nice to know when we are doing a good job. I wish you the best.

Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed in a two queen bedroom at the Elevation Hotel to explore the area for an upcoming wedding. Nothing really spectacular about the rooms, the building felt dated, and while the individuals at the front desk were cordial to me, a few were incredibly rude to another guest within earshot of when I was checking in. The garage was incredibly tight especially for larger trucks. They did offer a nice wine hour but did not really have adequate seating. The restaurant was very good and staff was friendly and accommodating. I was not able to do any skiing while I was in town but the location to the slopes seemed pretty great but it is a drive to the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Meredith R, Social Media Coordinator at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
SharkeyColorado,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to send us your review. I am glad to hear that you had a good time overall. Our team is constantly trying to raise our standards and your notes are helpful. I hope that when you return for the upcoming wedding you will consider staying with us again; we would be grateful for another chance to serve you! Sincerely, Meredith R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crested Butte
#2 of 7 in Crested Butte
The Nordic Inn
The Nordic Inn
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!