“Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Silt
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay was made more enjoyable by an attentive staff. The rooms are large and comfortable with a nice balcony. The on-site health club is well equipped with two outdoor hot tubs. Good location for both winter and summer visitors. Would definitely return in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello DorseyJ,

I'm glad you took some time to check out our fitness center and hot tubs; they are some of my favorite features of the hotel. I hope you will come visit us again because Crested Butte has so much to offer. When you do, we'll have a room ready! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
LaRue, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed two nights at the Elevation Hotel & Spa. Our room was large, very nice, comfortable and a great view of the ski lifts and ziplines! Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly parking attendants and the front desk staff was the best. All of the staff was very helpful to recommend area places to eat and also to visit while were in Crested Butte. We are planning another trip to Crested Butte soon and will be staying at the Elevation again.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which had a king bed, living room, dining table, kitchen area and two bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ziplines08
Hello Ziplines08,

Thanks for writing such a flattering review of our hotel. I'll make sure to tell the staff that their kindness meant a lot to you. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to hear you will be returning soon! Crested Butte is going to be in full bloom for the next few months so come enjoy! Thanks again. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We booked two nights for a Father's Day weekend celebration. Amazing deals on Orbitz. Elevation was just a few dollars more than the Holiday Inn in Gunnison. The hotel sits on the ski base, just feet from Red Lady chair lift. My husband had a blast mountain biking and could shoot pictures of him from our room's balcony. Beautiful. There was a restaurant in the hotel that had a big patio with a fire pit. We went for breakfast (none complimentary) and had really slow service (and we were one of only 2-3 tables of customers at 9 am). My omelette plate was overcooked but my kids like the French toast and pancakes. We enjoyed the pool and hot tubs although the pool was tiny. Free wine reception every day at 5 pm. Super friendly staff. Free bike valet and storage but parking in their garage was $15 per day. Loved the free shuttle service from resort to town for dining and shopping.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Schandoneys
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Schandoneys,

I am so glad you enjoyed your Father's Day celebration in Crested Butte. I'm sure your husband felt spoiled! Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear we served you well. I'll make sure to pass your notes along to our staff so we can better serve our customers in the future. Hopefully we'll see your family again too!

Art Thompson. General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am always a little leery of booking a hotel outside of a known chain (eg: Hilton, Marriott, etc.) but this one will rival any location of those chains. The room was beautiful, clean and well sized. It was nice to have the small fridge for drinks and the like. One of the best hotel mattresses I have slept on in some time. What I must talk about, though, is the spa. Bordering in spiritual, this was one of the best spa experiences I have ever had. The services, facilities, and staff could not have been more enjoyable. The steam room and rain water showers are a must for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello AnotherGreer,

I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel. While a lot of people visit to ski or bike until their hearts are content, a good amount of people stay with us just to enjoy our spa. Between the mountain view, the endless spa amenities and the comfortable beds, it sounds like you were treated like a queen! Thanks for taking a chance on an independent hotel. We were honored to serve you.

Meredith R.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Elevation during the spring ski season and loved it. Our room was great - we had a pretty view of the mountain. We had a Deluxe 1 Bedroom suite, and would recommend booking that if you are staying a while to have some space. The staff was wonderful especially the crew working in the valet/car area, they were very nice and accommodating. We celebrated a birthday on our first day and I called ahead to have them send up a bucket of Colorado beers to the room, which was perfect! The food at the hotel restaurant, 9380 Prime Restaurant & Bar, was also very good. We ate breakfast there every morning. The outside bar and fireplace was great for a quick mountain lunch and after ski drinks. The hotel was also so convenient being at the bottom of the lifts, and very easy to walk to take the bus into town at night. Also, we got engaged on this trip and the staff was helpful in executing that plan! Stay here!

Room Tip: Room on the mountain side are a little louder in the afternoon during ski season (near the 9380 Rest...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Blair B,

First off, Congratulations! Engaged on a ski trip? It doesn't get much better than that! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are grateful for your awesome review. Have you thought about a destination wedding? (Hint hint)... just kidding. In all seriousness, enjoy your wedding planning process and remember Elevation when you book your next getaway!

Sincerely, Meredith R.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for girlfriend's birthday. The room was immaculate. They went out of there way to have a special birthday bottle of wine in the room when we arrived. Sarah Lavato and her staff, made the stay unforgettable. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who has never seen Crested Butte Co. The manager Christy was very helpful through out the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Communications Coordinator at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Glenn H,

Happy belated birthday to your girlfriend! I am glad we were able to make the weekend extra special for the both of you. We're grateful for your kind comments and hope to see you back again soon! Best birthday wishes, Meredith R. Hotel Staff.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for an anniversary weekend. Had prepurchased room and had both printed and email confirmation of reservation. Upon check-in front desk is completely lost (3 people no less), can't find my reservation and acts like they don't know what to do. I proceed to call the travel company (instead of the front desk) get it sorted out (after 45 minutes) and get my room key.

Upon check-out I get (literally the same) same 3 people and I'm presented with a bill for the rack rate of the room. Again I proceed to explain the situation. Women at front desk acts indignant and unknowing to conversation we had just the day before. Not worth the hassle for a mediocre room/hotel. Won't be going back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shawn-COS
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Shawn-COS,

Thank you for staying at our hotel for your anniversary weekend and for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand why you were frustrated with the service you recieved at the front desk during your stay and I have made note of your complaints.

I noticed that your review is from your stay in August 2013 and I am glad to inform you that many changes have been made since then to improve customer service. I assure you that if you were to choose to stay with us again you would have a better experience all-around. I hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we are improving. Meanwhile, I wish you many more wonderful years of marriage.

Meredith R.
Elk Mountain Lodge
Elk Mountain Lodge
#3 of 9 in Crested Butte
Crested Butte International Lodge & Hostel

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!