“Didn't get the room I was promised.”

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Colorado Springs
“Didn't get the room I was promised.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked my room 4 months ahead of my stay over the 4th of July weekend. I called ahead a few days before and asked if we could get a slopeside room. The person I spoke to said we could get one on the sixth floor for an extra $25. I said great. I was really looking forward the sitting on the balcony and watching the fireworks. When we checked in we were told all they had was a room with absolutely no view what so ever (unless you consider the roof a view). I won't even get into the valet parking situation. Very unorganized. Too bad I paid for 2 nights. I won't be back here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rootown
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Rootown,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback and use it to improve in the future. I understand why you were frustrated with your room situation. We were very busy this weekend, as you know, and unfortunately the room upgrades were given on a first-come first-serve basis. I know this wasn't clearly communicated to you and I wish I could make it right. I hope you were able to enjoy your weekend otherwise.

Art Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This place could be so great! The food is good but the staff is young, slow and unmotivated! If this hotel wants to really compete it needs to step up the service!
Our room and view was beautiful and
The hiking was close.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank juliea2225
Hello Juliea2225,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service at the restaurant as we continue to train our staff. I am glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope you will consider staying with us again so we can prove our potential.

Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful, but noisey - we could hear every word from the family in the next room. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel, and the service is terrible. There are plenty of waiters, but they mainly stand around and visit with each other. When someone finally takes your order, it is a very long wait for your food, even though the dining room had only one other table occupied. This hotel is way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judith W
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello Judith,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are actively working on improving our service in the restaurant but anticipating it becoming a well-oiled machine quickly. If you return, hopefully you'll agree!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room at this hotel was spectacular and the property itself was very nice. The only complaints we had (that many shared) was the hot tub was cold and they were short staffed so the shuttle was not running to town. Other than that, it was a fantastic hotel with amazing views.

Room Tip: We had the King Standard room and were very pleased.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Angela B,

Five stars! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation to Crested Butte! Thank you for the kind words and helpful feedback. I will check into the hot tub right away.

Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although the staff was excellent, and the accommodations were nice and were clean, we probably would not stay there again. For summer travelers, be aware the rooms are not air conditioned. There is a patio door you can open, but for those with allergies that is not a great option. They have a "complimentary" reception in the evenings that shows up as a $20 resort fee on your bill. (Wish we'd have had more than a sip of wine and they hadn't run out of cookies) The parking area is not the most convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello CurtColorado,

I am glad to hear you had good service and that you enjoyed your room during your stay at Elevation. I wish I could turn your "Jusk O.K." review into a "Best hotel ever!" review. Hopefully you will consider coming back one more time so we can show you the full potential of our resort. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to beautiful Crested Butte.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2014

From the booking to the check out the service here was awful. At the front desk no one knew how to check me and my husband in and with the wedding starting in an hour and a five hour drive under our belt it was going to be cutting it close. After 25 minutes or so of "I don't know" we were checked in. Off to our room, which Ill give them was nice, but you can get a nice room at the motel 8 and save yourself some frustration and money.

So after the wedding, everyone is starving and looking to have some drinks, its Saturday at 9 pm the bar should be open right? No. So fine, we head downtown (which was fun).

Then breakfast the next day. Where we waited, and waited and waited. For EVERYTHING. Waited for coffee, waited for cream, waited for silverware (he said he didn't know where the forks were) waited an hour for a couple of ten dollar eggs. My friend waited 25 minutes for a bloody Mary and just ended up going to the bar to get it himself. After all the server did tell us it was up there. There was a woman, I think the manager I don't know for sure since no one is responsible for anything here. Was shouting food orders out at us on the patio, waiting for us to raise our hands to receive the dishes we have been waiting for.

Then we go to check out, finally I thought we're done with all this staff. My bill is double what my friends are...weird we checked in together, we left together, we were there for the same event. I go to ask the woman at the front desk says "I could look if you want me to, but I'm sure its going to be the same" at this point I was done! I had to drive back 5 hours to go to work and couldn't wait on the staff at the Elevation to get back to me.
I call Monday morning to file a formal complaint, I've never complained or reviewed anything so this is kind of a big deal. I get a hold of a manger after awhile and she says she's so sorry and there's nothing they can do to change our stay, but she'll see if the hotel can manage something to make us come back. Thursday morning I call her back and she tells me sorry. There is just nothing we can do.

My husband works in the ski/bike industry and I myself work at a 5 star resort, we are often asked for our opinions on where to stay in Crested Butte, NOT HERE! The mountain and town are wonderful and for skiing and biking the lines are amazing. Just don't waste your money or your time at the Elevation Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JesssTd
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
JesssTd,

I have read your review and taken thorough notes of everything I need to address with my staff. Clearly, you had a terrible experience and I'd like for you to know that it is unacceptable in my book, as well. I do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. You can guarantee that we will be working hard to make sure these issues don't come up in the future with our guests. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Elevation Hotel literally will not stop charging my debit card! They told me an amount for my total bill and they have now charged me three times for that amount and an extra $93. I have had so much trouble getting through to speak to an actual person. After several attempt to try and book a room, I had to book online. You might ask why I even stated at the hotel after that?? I needed to for a wedding. They did not give us the correct room - double queen. Two of us had to put the pull out mattress on the floor because it was so uncomfortable! I could go on and on! Don't stay at this hotel if you can help it!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 695emilyw
Meredith R, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Emily W,

I have read your review and can understand why you are frustrated. I hate to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and I would like to help make things right. I would like to assure you that your stay at Elevation is not what you should expect from our hotel. We aim to please our customers in every way possible and you are no exception. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance with your billing issues. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crested Butte
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
#8 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!