“Wildflower Excursion”

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The wildflowers and scenery were awesome! Equally as awesome was our experience at the conveniently-located Elevation Hotel. The staff was very helpful and patient with all of our inquiries about Crested Butte and the most spectacular hiking paths there. The room was very spacious and beautifully furnished, complete with a fully equipped kitchenette. We enjoy fresh air and had no concerns about leaving the sliding door open overnight to allow the pristine air to flow through the screen as we slept on the extremely comfortable mattress. We hope to return to Crested Butte next wildflower season and we will definitely stay at the Elevation.

Room Tip: I would guess all rooms at the Elevation would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your awesome review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Elevation. Wildflower season is breathtaking and, clearly, you agree! Best wishes until we see you next year!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Three of us stayed the hotel which was only 3 miles from the center of Crested Butte. We had a lovely view from our balcony. The outdoor hot tub was nice. The hotel was clean and very nice. Self parking was tight, but we were always able to find a space.

Room Tip: Street side was loud with the traffic, if you were on the balcony but once the slider was closed, th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello Sherry547,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Elevation. We value your' feedback and it's nice to know when our customers are pleased. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Elevation Hotel and Spa for our anniversary. We were offered an upgrade at check in for a fee that included vouchers to be used in the restaurant. Unfortunately, since it was off season the restaurant closed early. The hotel did refund us for the difference.

We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast and it was not particularly good. The food was extremely salty and not very appetizing.

The suite was quite large and clean. We enjoyed the use of the jacuzzi.

This was our first time in Crested Butte and we totally loved the town.

We would definitely return to the Elevation Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Spazgirl,

First off, congratulations on your anniversary! I am glad you chose to stay at Elevation to celebrate. It sounds like you and your husband had a great time in Crested Butte and at our hotel. I hope you will consider staying with us again. I am please to inform you that since your last visit we have made many positive changes in our restaurant and I think you will have a much better experience the next time you eat there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Room had a king size bed, small kitchen area (half 'fridge, small bar sink, microwave), bathroom, closet and deck. Our view was of the roof of the pool area. Room was clean and nice. We had a small, 11 pound, very old mini dachshund for which they charged $30/day. Seems a one time charge would be a better idea; they are making money on this one. We were there for 2 nights getting in at 3:00 in the afternoon and leaving at 8:00 in the morning and you still pay 3 days of dog fees. Plus they charge $15/day for self parking and the parking lot is terrible (lots of columns to get around). However, and this is what kept me from doing only 3 stars, the concierge was a woman named SHERRY and she was beyond FANTASTIC! She gave us honest recommendations for places to eat and to see. We were there for a very short time so we wanted to get in as much as possible. I'd go back to this place if she was still there but I probably wouldn't bring the dog, would ask for a room with a better view and I'd make sure Sherry was still there!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Jingleacres,

Thank you for your kind compliments about Sherry. She is wonderful and we love her too! I will make sure to pass your words along to her; I know it will make her day. As for the note about our pet fee, we do charge nightly so you should have only been charged $60 not $90. Please call the hotel at 970-349-5891 and ask to speak with me, Art Thompson, and we will reimburse you right away. I am glad you sent in a review so we can have a chance to fix this for you!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We go to Crested Butte quit often and this was our first time staying at the Elevation Hotel. The room was very nice, it was clean and the bed was quit comfortable, the front desk and bell staff were friendly and helpful but then we started to encounter some discouraging problems. We awoke the first morning and found that there was no shampoo in the bathroom and as we had not brought any, this required a trip down to the front desk. We used 2 cups and 2 glass for coffee and water and placed these in the kitchen sink so they could be replaced with clean ones. When we returned to our room, the dirty dishes were still in the sink, so I guess it's our job to wash the dishes. Next time I'll remember a bottle of Dawn.

The hotel restaurant offers a buffet breakfast for $12.95 and my advice is to go somewhere else. We approached the hostess desk and had to flag someone down to get a table as the hostess was too busy stacking menus and even though we made eye contact, didn't seem to put two and two together that we were customers waiting to be seated. The scambled eggs looked like they were cooked at 4:00 am and placed in the steamer, the bacon was floating in a sea of grease and everything was quit dried out and unappetizing, except for the bacon. On our first visit to the restaurant, we paid the $12.95 which included juice and on our second visit (yes we went back for a second try) we were charged additional for juice. It seems that their restaurant staff for the most part is not trained and the quality of the breakfast guaranteed that we would not be having dinner in the hotel restaurant.

If you read the reviews for this hotel, many of the complaints are about the restaurant. My advise is to take the short ride into town as there are many top quality restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a court yard room as the street side can be noisey.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bud B

Hello Bud,

I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel, despite your negative experience in 9380. I have taken note of your issues with the restaurant and will address them right away. As far as the kitchenette in your room, it is true that our housekeeping services don't currently include washing the dishes. However, because of your feedback I will revisit the issue with the housekeeping staff. I am confident that if you stay with us again you will have a better experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel accommodations were lovely and great location! The dissatisfaction came when trying to get a dinner charge credited that did not belong to us. We stayed in March for Spring break and I have yet to receive credit after being told twice by bookkeeping and desk staff that it would be credited. Upon checking out I did not notice the charge initially. I did notice about 20 mins into our drive to Denver that there was a $204.95 restaurant charge that was billed to our room. I called the hotel immediately and was told that they would credit it. My next months cc statement arrived and no credit was done. I called a second time and spoke with bookkeeping who again told me it would be credited. Still no credit. I have called again and been told they will investigate. I will not recommend this hotel or stay again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia G

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for staying at Elevation and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay but I completely understand your frustration with the reimbursement situation. Please contact me directly so I can make sure this situation gets handled properly. I appreciate your patience and your grace throughout this process. You have every right to be upset but I will do everything I can to make it right.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this hotel thru Hotwire and were pleasantly surprised! Our room was spacious and had a small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, and beverage refrigerator (meaning racks do not adjust for taller items). Restaurant was reasonably priced with some nights having great dinner specials. Nice outdoor seating area with firepit and view of ski lift. Lots of activities in the ski area for kids and adults -putt putt, rock wall, zip lining, etc. My family enjoyed riding bikes down the mountain, and I enjoyed riding the ski lift for a scenic view of Crested Butte. There was also a bike valet which was great for storing our bikes. Concierge at the hotel will help in planning various outdoor activities. There is a daily parking fee and the hotel doesn't have a/c. There is a ceiling fan and you can open the sliding door for fresh air. If you are sensitive to noise, then I would suggest asking for a room away from the elevators. We could hear the elevators going up and down during the night. Great summer stay! Small beautiful mountain town!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the town or ski lifts. Also request a room away from the elevators if...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Funthoms,

I am happy to hear that you had a great trip to Crested Butte. It sounds like your family embraced all of the fun outdoor activities around the mountain and that you enjoyed your room, as well. Now that you know how beautiful this corner of the world is I hope you will consider visiting again. The only thing more beautiful than Crested Butte in the summer is Crested Butte in the winter! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crested Butte
The Limelight Hotel
Hotel Aspen
Hotel Aspen
#10 of 35 in Aspen

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!