“Beautiful Pet Friendly Resort Hotel in Crested Butte”

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful Pet Friendly Resort Hotel in Crested Butte”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed here twice in the last 2 weeks for business and did not have a lot of time to enjoy the hotel but what I did experience of it was great. One stay was in a King Suite which was very roomy, 2 bathrooms, bedroom separate from family room and full kitchen. Second stay was a King Standard room, also very roomy with partial kitchen. Everything is clean and well kept here. There is a complimentary wine tasting every day from 4 to 6 in the lobby area (I was not able to attend but found this be a nice offering). They have an onsite restaurant where I had the breakfast Buffet both stays. The food was really good, hot waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt... great spread! Also an awesome slope side view year round!

I also got a massage at the Spa on one of the stays and it was very nice. The spa is pretty and clean and the steam shower was so great. Great location on Mt. Crested Butte, would stay here again and again!

Last point, I have a dog but did not bring him since I was working but this hotel is pet friendly and I think I saw more dogs than people which I loved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool center as the noise from there carries quite a bit and there is no...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello Ashley,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Elevation. A business trip to Crested Butte? Nice! Even though you were quite busy it sounds like you were able to enjoy a few of our highlights. You should consider coming back for a leisurely trip with your pup. We'll be here! Thanks for your review.

Art Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend getaway. Booked 2 nights on Groupon. When we checked in they didn't have the room we payed for (deluxe king) so they upgraded us to Junior suite slope side. Room was gorgeous, staff was nice and helpful!
only complaint was that we were near the stairwell and every time someone opened the door it would slam shut and it rattled the room a bit. Thankfully it didn't seem to happen too often or in the middle of the night!

Stayed July 2014
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Erica,

First off, congratulations on your anniversary. I am glad we could host you while you celebrated such a special time in your life. Even more, I am glad we were able to give you a little extra surprise with your room upgrade! Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review. Come back and visit us in beautiful Crested Butte again soon!

Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was lucky enough to get a Groupon for this hotel which also included a $25 voucher for the on-site restaurant. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk told us the room that is usually associated with the Groupon was "sold out" so they upgraded us to a suite. What a nice surprise! Our room was a one bedroom with a large, super comfortable king bed, a living room, kitchenette, two bathrooms, -one off the bedroom with tub/shower and one in the entry hallway with a shower. I can't afford fancy, expensive hotel rooms so this was quite a treat. My husband had dinner at the restaurant, he said the burger was excellent, he brought back soup and grilled cheese for me (I wasn't feeling well), he said the service was slow but the food was great. My only complaint about this property is the pool is small (but who goes to CB to swim, anyway??), and like others stated the parking structure is a mess. I will stay here again when I return to CB. Also, the hotel employees are very nice and helpful, a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We had room 331, nice view and you can hear the waterfall if you leave the sliding door open.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DNAnelli
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello DNAnelli,

I am happy to hear we could spoil you a bit on your trip with your room upgrade! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well but I am glad you were still able to enjoy your stay. Thank you for writing a review. I look forward to hosting you again soon!

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dont' be fooled, their meaning of Courtyard view is their roof top with heating ventilation ducting. Not a pretty sight.

Rooms are well appointed. Be aware there is no air conditioning, however, the cool mountain air breeze on most summer evenings is fabulous ... open your slider door.

The indoor pool and roof view hot tub is far less than impressive.

The parking garage is $20 valet and $15 self-park on 2nd floor and very small.

Only steps from the backdoor to the chairlift for your skiing enjoyment! Approximately 3 miles to town.

Nonetheless, Crested Butte is spectacular and a place you definitely want to enjoy both in the summer to hike, bike, ski/board, restaurants, shops and take in the over abundant magnificent WILDFLOWERS everywhere!!

Room Tip: Do NOT select Courtyard view as outlined in my comments.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello ColoradoSmile,

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review about your stay at Elevation. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in beautiful Crested Butte and hope you will return for winter. If you choose to stay with us again and choose a mountain view room I know you will be impressed. I am grateful for your business and hope to serve you again in the future.

Windsor, CO
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our group of 12 stayed at the Elevation Hotel & Spa at end of July and enjoyed the hotel, outdoor Jacuzzi, outdoor patio restaurant, complimentary happy hour wine in the lobby area, and were treated exceptionally well by all the staff. We also enjoyed a complimentary guided hike with "Justin" up the mountain trail which included recommendations for continuing the hike to the Red Lady Gondola for the trip down. Our stay was only two days, but we will return as often as we can. The rooms were spacious and even though we did not do much eating in our room, it was nice to have a fridge and all that we needed for an early morning breakfast before heading out to the trails. The bus stop for the free shuttle into Crested Butte from the mountain was only steps away and allowed us to leave our car parked for the entire stay. Our only regret is that we hadn't planned to stay longer!

Room Tip: We had not made any special requests for rooms and we got room 631 and can't compare to other ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WanderlustWindsor_CO
Hello WanderlustWindsor_CO,

I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful trip! Even though you only stayed for two days it sounds like you made the most of it! I'm grateful for your review and I know our staff will be happy to hear your compliments, as well. Please know that our doors are always open and we look forward to getting a chance to serve you in the future.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful resort with great views. A little pricey and several of their amenities were below average:
pool was too small; business center was not operational during our entire stay; service in the hotel restaurant was very slow and disappointing. Beware of the resort fee, which was not disclosed at time of booking, and covers shuttle to downtown, daily newspaper which we never saw, business center which was not operational and internet which keep going down during a three hour Board/Shareholder meeting that I was on conference call with during our stay. Needless to say, we were disappointed in the above.......but hotel has a beautiful setting in the mountains. Not sure we would stay there again.

Room Tip: View is important.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Charles,

Thank you for visiting the beautiful town of Crested Butte and for choosing to stay at Elevation. I have read through your review and have made note of things I need to address with my staff. We try to be as forthcoming as possible with our resort fee and make sure to state it on our booking site, as to not surprise guests like yourself at checkout. I do wish you had a better experience while you were here. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is any way I can earn back your business. Best wishes.

Golden, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Boy do they try hard. We ended up with a fabulous room--but had to move a couple of times. The staff is very accommodating and nice, and the rooms pleasant overall, but I do have some suggestions for improvement:

1. The third floor above the restaurant is hot and smelly. This should be taken into account when placing someone in these rooms. Also, look at the roof of the restaurant from the point-of-view of the slopeside room balconies--discarded cigarettes and paper cups. Yuck! Needs to be kept clean.

2. If we were not out of our room before 9:00am, our room either didn't get cleaned until we called the front desk, or it was cleaned at about dinner-time.

3. The restaurant could use some work. The breakfast buffet was small and plain, with very old scrambled eggs in the pan. The fresh fruit and melon was lovely. We were encouraged to go to the buffet as soon as we sat down, so I wended my way through the impressive maze of outdoor tables to get inside to the buffet, and when I returned with my hot plate, there were no utensils or napkins. We were eventually served a plastic cup of water, paper napkins, and the waitress never returned. She dropped the bill off with the water and napkins, but no pen. We ended up paying with some vouchers we had, and could not charge a tip to our room. However, the setting is beautiful, right out on the ski slope, with a fireplace/firepit burning outdoors.

4. The parking garage--really? A Honda Pilot with a ski rack (this is a ski resort, right?) can't fit under the measuring bars. We squeaked under those and were fine driving through the rest of the garage, although the roof certainly is low. Obviously, those measuring bars at the entry are too low, but still it's hard to believe that larger vehicles can't park in this garage. Also... trying to park in this strange maze of small and disparately spaced parking spots was quite an adventure each time. Not for the inexperienced parker. Maybe we should have tried the valet.

There are some major positives, as well. The staff is extremely friendly throughout the space. The towels were thick, fresh, and seemed new. The rooms were clean and usable. The bathrooms, as well. The views incredible, and Crested Butte and its surrounding area could not have been more thrilling to discover!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms over the restaurant--they are hotter, and the cooking odors are hard to tak...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol D
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Carol,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Crested Butte. I know you have a choice when deciding where to stay, so thank you for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your thorough review and have made notes on how we can continue to improve our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again next time you are in Crested Butte.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crested Butte
#2 of 7 in Crested Butte
The Nordic Inn
The Nordic Inn
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!