The Elevation Hotel & Spa
Lodge at Mountaineer Square(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$193
  • Pool
Grand Lodge Crested Butte(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$184
Comfort Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$115
ComfortInn
Quality Inn Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
US$135
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
A-B-C Motel(Gunnison)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski valetwine receptionfire pitslope sidebell staffindoor poolrestaurant staffin townsteam roomoff seasonbeautiful roomsmall balconyhot tubski tripmini kitchenfitness centerchair lift
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We checked in and was offered a slopeside upgrade at $25/day and took it. Then were informed they charge $20/day resort fee and on top of that a $15 self park fee. So study the rates carefully in town to ensure you are comparing apples to apples.

First the room, it seemed newly updated and looked great. It had nice kitchen appliances including a microwave/oven and fridge. The issue we had was after we already unpacked was opening the sliding door and was met by a deafening exhaust sound...We just didnt feel like packing but up again and relocate...Be careful of room location as many 3rd floor rooms have this. This was especially tough at night not being able to open the slider and let the cooler air in.

The location was nice right at the base of the mountain and easy to access the activities. The restaurant downstairs served us well for some meals..The breakfast was a bit high at $16 but sandwiches at lunch were a good value at $10.

My big pet peeve here was the resort fee for the wireless access. There wireless was just awful. Very slow and constant dropping as there were times at night that it wouldn't last 3 minutes before it dropped. I should have asked for a refund of the resort fee as it certainly served no purpose. We actually left a day early so my wife could complete some work since it was impossible without decent access.

Overall, it was a nice hotel with well decorated rooms in a good mountainside location but be careful of the room location, wireless access and the assortment of excessive fees that are charged.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor to avoid the restaurant and exhaust fan noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank COTraveler123
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello COTraveler123,

Thank you for staying at Elevation and for writing a review. We value your feedback and keep it in mind as we work to make positive changes to our hotel. I have read through your honest review and taken notes of what I need to address. I am glad you enjoyed your room, restaurant, and our location. I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation in beautiful Crested Butte despite a few bumps in the road.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Staff was fantastic, lobby and rooms were beautiful, but don't count on having a balcony or a view. They are all fake "balconys" overlooking the roof or other buildings, some with not enough room for one chair. Kitchenettes are really nice and include dishes.

Hello,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and I hope you will return. If you do, request a slope-side room because the views of Mt. Crested Butte really are beautiful. I wish you could have experienced them on your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night and booked it on "flash sale". I'd read some reviews, but I picked the hotel mainly based on price. We went to Crested Butte with the intention of hitting some of the bike trails, so had our mountain bikes with us.

First and foremost, the staff was incredibly helpful from beginning to end. There is a gift shop next to the front desk where we were able to check our bikes in and out (after hours this process happens at the front desk.) Jared, who was checking bikes the afternoon we arrived, got us started with a map of area trails and made some suggestions. When we got to our room, we were delighted to find that the "kitchenette" was just that - it was stocked with everything you need to prepare your own meals for four (minus a hot plate), a sizable mini refrigerator, and a full-size coffee pot. The double queen room was plenty large enough for a traveling family. That evening, we had a stopped up toilet that was fixed within 15 minutes of us reporting it. For dinner, we took the Mountain Express bus down to Crested Butte from Mountaineer Square - a very short, pleasant walk from the hotel. It runs all day and half the night, and it's FREE.

The next morning, while checking out, a few of the staff members helped me set the ball rolling on a return visit for ski season (driving v. flying, when to book, rentals, etc.) My only regret about staying at this hotel is that I didn't stay longer! I was blown away by the customer service, friendliness, and amenities this hotel provides for the price I paid. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor, courtyard view.

Hello Allison,

Five stars! Thank you! I read through your review made notes of all of the things I need to compliment my staff for doing well. I am proud of our friendly, helpful staff because they provide such wonderful customer service to guests like yourself. I'm glad you are considering returning for ski season. Our doors will be open and waiting for you!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We got the Groupon deal and were very pleased.

We stayed three nights in a 1-bdr suite with two bathrooms, king bed and our kids slept on the sofa bed. Two TVs, nice deck with good view, and great to have a little kitchen. The kids loved the pool and we got top-notch massages & facials.

Really liked the hotel. Very friendly staff and our waitress in the restaurant downstairs was wonderful. Had a great brunch there.

Quick 5min drive into town and so close to good trails. Park in the public lot down the road.

We're planning to come back for ski season - the location is great for the slopes!

2  Thank TakingmymomtoEu... S
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hello,

The only thing better than Crested Butte in the summer is Crested Butte in the winter so I am excited to hear that you will be back for ski season! I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Elevation and that you took advantage of all our great amenities. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. See you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We loved our spacious room with a studio kitchen. We were a bit put off by the hidden prices. We recommend you read the fine print. In addition to the nightly rate, there is a $20 per day "resort" fee and $15 per day parking fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing west if you're there during the summer. No air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sandy,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We appreciate your business and by no means do we want to hide any prices from you. I don't want anyone to come have a lovely, relaxing stay and then be surprised at checkout. We do list our fees on our reservations page in order to avoid frustration, but I feel bad that you were surprised. I hope that you enjoyed your vacation in Crested Butte and that you will consider staying with us again.