“Friendly staff and centrally located”
Review of Old Town Inn

Old Town Inn
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The wonderful staff made each of us feel welcomed and that wasn’t easily done since there were about 44 of us. The morning breakfast was tasty and varied including lots of fresh fruit. Our group, Vail Club 50, went to Crested Butte for hiking, biking and a little bit of fun. The rooms were clean and adequately appointed. The beds comfortable and the water hot. No views but actually not needed as we spent very little time in our rooms. They have a lovely deck nestled among a few trees perfect for our evening cocktail parties. The deck is adjacent to a covered walkway attached to the Inn which turned out to be a “party-saver” what with the afternoon showers. The Inn is within walking distance of everything in town including the BEST coffee shoppe, Camp4Coffee. A must stop if you are a coffee drinker. The hiking in the area is fabulous and offers wonderful trails and fabulous views for all levels of hikers. And the restaurants…there are so many so will leave those for another review.

Room Tip: No views but none needed as you will want to spend lots of time outdoors. It is a small hotel but t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I traveled to Crested Butte in December of 2013 to propose to my then girlfriend, and Old Town Inn was a perfect place for this occasion. The staff were very nice and the night I proposed they surprised us with a couple of roses and amazing cookies. They made me feel welcome and made our stay very special. It's about a 10 minute walk on the ice/snow to Elk Ave. and we really enjoyed those walks because of the great views. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you Old Town Inn staff for making this occasion special and memorable!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I called Old Town Inn to check rates and amenities, Michael answers the phone. His demeanor was warm and pleasant. Michael truly had my best interest at in mind by asking if I had AAA to reduce my rate and suggesting other hotels when I asked about the proximity to Crested Butte Mountain Resort (which is only minutes away). Upon arrival, the accommodations were clean and comfortable. I had a project I needed to complete and Michael went above and beyond to help ensure it got finished. You don't find service like that at any price. I highly recommend Old Town Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed here several times. Each time the service has been superb. I find overall this Inn is very good as excellent is a high bar and this is an older motel with all that entails.

The rooms were clean but well used. The breakfast is decent but all carbs. This is just an observation not a complaint. For the price and location this is a good place to stay.

I have found that the best rooms are second floor facing the back and away from the dog rooms.

I am booking for another trip and will be staying here again (4th trip)

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs facing the back in the middle. By all means stay away from the dog rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just like you want a motel - bed, bath, morning coffee, afternoon snack. It is true, the danish came from a Costco-like place, but they make their own quiche (from a mix, but check the room prices.)

no elevator - view is better upstairs.

Compared with the prices at other venues - this one is a gem.

Room Tip: no elevator - view is better upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aomastu
Chris G, General Manager at Old Town Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for the nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! I just wanted to clarify that our quiche is made from scratch here and not from a mix.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our family stayed there while skiing in Crested Butte. Clean, older, but well kept motel with very friendly staff. Free breakfast wirh variety of foods. Our kids enjoyed freshly baked cookies after day on the slopes. Free coffee and tea all day long. Not far from a shuttle to the slopes and the most unique ski town in Colorado :). Very affordable, considering we were there during Christmas. I agree with other reviewers that rooms and bathrooms are small, but our family of four skiers was able to fit with no complains.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got a unit on the second floor we were happy with.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed here twice during the summer, most recently in July 2013. Awesome staff, great price, the rooms are clean and plenty adequate, even when a friend stayed with us for two nights and there was a total of three adults. I love, love, love this town in the summer and while I have no other hotel experiences to compare to, this place fits my needs perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
#9 of 9 in Crested Butte
The Nordic Inn
The Nordic Inn
#2 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!