The difference between just a hotel and a FINE HOTEL can always be measured by its staff- from the front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance. While we wanted to stay in town, there were no higher quality hotels down there so we stayed in the sleepy ski mountain town up the hill 2 miles away. The giant hotel next door wasn't even open until ski season.
We were so late for a dinner reservation at arrival and rushed into the lobby like a hurricane. They checked us in ahead of another guest and got us going. Unfortunately NONE of our keys worked. From there, we had plenty of key problems- PLENTY! A housekeeper on each floor heard the commotion and got us into the rooms. The staff explained that due to security issues, they just (that week) replaced the key system, and it's screwing up. It was frustrating but I understand- it was dead season up there and the appropriate time to do the work.
My folks had a beautiful one bedroom suite. It was large, well appointed, and immaculate. The balcony and fireplace added to the ambiance. I was sure that I had booked different room than I received. I came back from dinner and repeatedly asked Martin at the front desk where the murphy bed was that I reserved because I wasn't sleeping on the pull-out sofa. He desk didn't seem to know what a murphy bed was and said they didn't have ANY rooms with one. As soon as I became a little frustrated, Martin noticed and promptly resolved the problem by insisting that my bro and I move to a two bedroom suite. It was nearly as large as my house. I later realized that I was thinking about the hotel next door (which I didn't choose) and felt like a complete dope- in my giant suite. I thanked Martin again, of course.
Check out was fast and efficient. The hotel is next to the slopes, has a pool and all the amenities that one would expect from a ski village hotel. I'd love to stay in the oh-so-cool and authentic legendary town of Crested Butte but it would be hard not to look back here first. The staff is trained perfectly which is why The Lodge is a true fine hotel property.
Darn, nothing's perfect. It was the offest of off seasons. They wanted $20/night to park. Are they crazy!!!! Their lot was empty and it was an insult. I parked a block away for free. I understand it in ski season, but early October in an empty ski village? Shame on them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from the ski lifts, the Lodge at Mountaineer Square in Crested Butte, Colorado features premier studio, one, two, three, and four-bedroom suites with deluxe amenities, including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna and fitness room, bell, valet, concierge services and a full-service front desk. Relax in front of the fireplace and enjoy a drink with friends or associates at the on-site Trackers Bar & Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lodge at Mountaineer Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Mountaineer Square Hotel Crested Butte
- Hotel At Mountaineer Square
- At Mountaineer Square Hotel