We stayed in a suite - there was a nice kitchenette area with cooking surface, fridge, dishwasher, and microwave, so if you wanted to you could cook in the room. our room looked over the courtyard and gave us a beautiful view, from the small balcony. Check in was quick and informative, the underground parking was $20 but we thought worth it because it made everything more convenient to get in and out of the car. We ate at Butte 66 for lunch (try the mango chicken salad) and Kathy from Texas was a great waitress giving us a lot of local information we found very helpful. Truly enjoyed our stay here, and will be back!
One thing maybe worth mentioning - Mt. Crested Butte is over 9,000 feet elevation, and if you are from the flatlands, be aware that you MIGHT have some problems acclimitizing to the altitude, with altitude related symptoms, particularly if you come directly from lower altitude to this beautiful elevation. It can take a few days to get used to it if you have problems (please check out altitude health effects online), so if you come into town just be aware of the altitude so you don't waste time on your trip not being able to do what you want while your body adjusts. There's an oxygen bar in town, and my guess is it's there not only as a fad for folks who come into town. There's no way to predict if you will have problems, but there may be ways to prevent or ameliorate symptoms, so a little planning ahead may prevent problems once you get here, and this place is definitely worth visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from the ski lifts, the Lodge at Mountaineer Square in Crested Butte, Colorado features premier studio, one, two, three, and four-bedroom suites with deluxe amenities, including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna and fitness room, bell, valet, concierge services and a full-service front desk. Relax in front of the fireplace and enjoy a drink with friends or associates at the on-site Trackers Bar & Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lodge at Mountaineer Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Mountaineer Square Hotel Crested Butte
- Hotel At Mountaineer Square
- At Mountaineer Square Hotel