“Reunion 2018”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

txpaddy
El Paso, Texas
“Reunion 2018”
Reviewed 12 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We chose the Alpine Vista for a four-night, seventeen-person family reunion and couldn't be happier.
The house sits near the top of a hill and has stunning views from nearly every room. Its layout lends itself perfectly for big gatherings, but it's also spread out in a way that there are also areas for privacy and quiet, if needed. The kitchen is fully stocked with every appliance one could need and every bedroom has its own private bathroom, many with large, soaking tubs. The deck was a favorite with its cool breezes, telescopes, and swinging porch chairs.
The town of Cripple Creek provides plenty of entertainment, and not just gambling and restaurants. There is a Family Dollar and a Venture Foods grocery store that came in handy for last-minute needs. Our families kept busy touring the mine, taking the scenic train, visiting the heritage center, and shopping. Some even ventured to nearby Victor and hiked several of the gold trails. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to the Butte Theatre with our schedule, but would have liked to. There is also a nice, little thrift store near the theatre for even more shopping.
Guests might also want to check out Cripple Creek's Parks and Rec, they have many activities to offer including a new playground, dog park, disc golf, and skate park. With advance notice, we were able to rent out the roller skating rink for a couple of hours for a very nominal fee, skates provided!
You would not go wrong picking the Alpine Vista for your vacation rental. The owners were friendly and helpful, the place is gorgeous and accommodating, and the surrounding area offers more than enough to a wide variety of people. The house is now a permanent part of not only our family's history, but our fond memories as well. Thank you, Erika and Chris!
From the Shingledecker Family Reunion 2018

D1356YJth...
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Amazing house, awesome location and gracious owners.”
Reviewed 8 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

If you happen to be looking for ‘gold’ in the Rocky Mountains, look no further. We embraced a golden ‘vacation of a lifetime’ at Alpine Vista. We had visited Colorado several times in the past but finally decided we wanted an genuine mountain experience. My wife and I engaged in a desperate search for a suitable house for us and our guests to embrace during graduation week at the U.S. Air Force Academy. We found a gem hidden in Cripple Creek, Colorado. Not only was the house absolutely stunning, but the location was undeniably pristine and indisputably gorgeous. Plus, the owners, Erika & Chris, met us upon conclusion of our three day journey from Pennsylvania, and graciously welcomed us in to their mountain wonderland. Chris and Erika were extremely affable and sincerely aspire to insure that their ‘new friends’ to experience a magnificent time. Erica and Chris are also quite knowledgeable about the region and had already catered to our every need, prior to our arrival. Alpine Vista is simply remarkable and the views are unquestionably breathtaking.

If you are looking for an authentic rocky mountain vacation, you will find it at Alpine Vista. My wife can attest to the cleanliness of the house and still touts the immense size of all the bathrooms along with the wide array of kitchen amenities. I focused on the tremendous ‘postcard like’ mountain views from virtually every window in the house and throughout the Cripple Creek region. We hosted 20 adults and 2 children for a week and all of our guests adored the house, admired the location and the unbelievable views, recognized the owner’s commitment to our week of family, fun and adventure, as we visited all the nearby attractions.

The historic town of Cripple Creek makes an awesome destination. I wish there was a way to capture the ‘pure air’ Ponderosa pine scent we breathed and to adequately photograph the numerous majestic mountain views. During our scenic drives to Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, USAFA, Royal Gorge Bridge, Seven Falls, Manitou Springs, etc. we frequently spotted elk, deer and goats. Our group earnestly talked about a return trip to this ‘piece of Heaven on Earth’ prior to our departure from this Rocky Mountain paradise. My only regret is that we did not discover and take advantage of this rental treasure years ago. We were completely in awe of both the house and the location.

Thomas P. & Joni K. Abeling
Elliottsburg, PA
USAFA graduation week 2018

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
where2nex...
Troy, Missouri
“Great house, not a great welcome”
Reviewed 8 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

My mom and dad rented this house from June 10th though June 17 for my siblings, spouses and our children. In all there were 19 of us. We had 5 children under the age of 18 and the rest were 18 or older. We all chipped in to help pay for the rental fee. This house was originally rented to us by a different owner and shortly after my mother made a down payment the house was sold to a new owner.

At first, we did not think this would be a problem but eventually there was a dispute about the number of bedrooms we would have. We were originally told that there were 8 bedrooms, but when the house was “remodeled and updated” by the new owner, there was no longer 8 bedrooms but there was now a family suite that we could rent for an additional $200 a night to have 8 bedrooms. My mother tried to look up the old listing of the house to show her it said 8 bedrooms but it had conveniently been removed. At this point my mother just dropped it. The new owner was not going to be accommodating us with that 9th bedroom. We ended up putting kids on air mattresses in parents’ rooms.

Let me give you the Pros of this house:
-It is a beautiful house with amazing views
-The house is decorated nicely, not tacky
-The deck outside is expansive
-The gas grill was awesome
-The kitchen was well equipped with two microwaves, 2 ovens, and most anything you would need in a kitchen or for grilling. Plenty of silverware and plates for all of us.
-The town of Cripple Creek was quaint and had a grocery store and lots of little mom and pop shops on the main street. If you like to gamble this was a hot spot!
-Lots of family friendly things to do around town (the donkey’s that just roamed around town are friendly, Molly Kathleen Gold Mine, Cripple Creek Candy, The Heritage & Info. Center, The general store with ice cream and souvenirs, Outlaw & Jail Museum, Fire Station #3, Cripple Creek Narrow Gauge Rail Road, The District Museum, & The Old Homestead House Museum. Enough stuff to keep you busy for a day or two)
- It is located between Colorado Springs and Canon City, two places where there are tons of stuff to do.

Cons:

-1 key for the house, 1!! She gave us one key. We all went different ways on some days and we were supposed to guess who would be home first?? Nope, we just had to leave the house unlocked or hide the key. So, we hid the key. I get two keys when I rent a hotel room! You cannot give a family of 19 one key and expect that to work.

-Trash, not a big deal till you must pile the trash in the laundry room (this is what the owner told us to do) After about 4 days the trash really started to smell. We had two piles. One of just regular trash and the second of recyclable trash. We didn’t eat every meal here or it would have been even worse. Trash from 19 people in a week can fill a small dumpster! Thank goodness none of our kids were in diapers!

-Refrigerator, one refrigerator for 19 people for a week is not large enough. Some of us had to buy daily what we would eat for dinner because there was just not enough room. You could easily put another refrigerator in the office or laundry room. Same with ice. We had to buy ice. The ice maker cannot keep up with 19 people.

-A gathering space. Both the kitchen dining area or the formal dining area could hold a table that would seat the 20-22 people that the house can hold. But instead we had to all split up to eat meals. It would be super nice to have one of those spaces where everyone could be together.

-Blankets, there were no extra blankets to be found in the entire house.

-Jacuzzi tubs, would turn on in the middle of the night by themselves. The owner told us this was normal. It’s not normal for your tub to wake you up in the middle of the night because it decided to turn on at a random time while you were sleeping.

-It would have been nice to have a fire pit, which was delivered while we were there but we were told not to touch it.

Check in: At check in the owner was not warm nor welcoming. In fact, she had my mother on edge about the house whenever we were all there. The owner stated to my mother as we were checking in that they don’t typically rent to families with children that they usually only rent to couples. The owner said this in front of my siblings with the little children. But if you read the web site it clearly states that children are welcome. Then the owner stated that we were not to wear shoes in the house and that we were to take our shoes off at the door.

My sisters’ daughter got motion sick in the car. When they arrived, and went to take her downstairs to the bedroom they would be staying in the owner had a fit because the duvet was dry clean only. Yes, she made us feel very welcome.

My mom kept saying the entire time we were at the house, “I know I am not going to get my deposit back.” We are a pretty neat, clean and responsible group of people. At no time were there dishes in the sink piled up, food laying around, or any messes in general. One would assume if you can afford to stay here you probably are not the type of people who are going to trash it. And if you do trash it you can afford to fix it.

My daughter put a cup on the table and my mom freaked out. My mom was afraid it might leave a water mark. This is not how my mom normally is. The owner had my mother worried the entire vacation which was not right.

My parents were ready to leave before everyone else but my mother wanted to stay to “make sure everything was ok”. The last house we rented my parents left before some of us and there we no worries at all. The owner was thrilled with the way the house was left. This owner of this house was not at all like that. My mom received a note shortly after our departure about 2 bathmats and 4 wash cloths that were ruined according to the owner. Mind you these items were the quality of a Holiday Inn, not something you would find at a high end hotel or spa.

There were many things that we could say about how clean it was (or was not) when we arrived. One bathroom had stuff all down the side of the toilet, one bathroom had hair piled up on the side of the sink, underneath one of the beds had food crumbs, under the beds and dressers had not been cleaned in sometime, one of the jacuzzi tubs did not work at all. I could continue but I know things like this are normal. What is not normal is to make your guest feel unwelcome and worried about every little thing. My mother did get her full deposit back . The house itself was great if you can get passed the owner.

We loved the house, just not the owner.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
9 Jul 2017
Thanks for your review and feedback. We’re sorry that the administrative hand-off associated with the sale of this property got this relationship off on the wrong foot. As you probably know, when we learned that the previous owners misrepresented the number of bedrooms as 8 vs. 7; we offered to refund your parents’ money and did so again on multiple occasions if this property wasn’t going to meet your parties’ needs. Your party chose to move forward with your reservation knowing that we had in-bed sleeping capacity for only 14 in our main home. Given the large size of your party, we did make your parents aware of our new Family Quarters, which opened in September 2016, and offered it at a discounted rate. This would have added an additional 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, in bed sleeping capacity of 8, and an additional refrigerator. Your party of 19 chose not to add this to your reservation and go with air mattresses instead.
We take great pride in our property’s cleanliness and new, high quality linens, towels so we are sorry to hear they didn’t meet your expectations. We will pass the feedback on to our professional staff and ensure that we do a comprehensive review of what happened prior to your stay. We appreciate the care that your mom and party showed for our home and provided her with that feedback. We were also most appreciative that she followed up and asked if there were any problems with the stay. It is for that reason only, that we sent pictures of our white towels that had been damaged beyond a re-usable point and had appeared to have been used for purposes other than their intended purpose. We had made no claim against her damage deposit so we assumed that she wanted honest feedback in response to her inquiry.
Children and families are always welcome at Alpine Vista Retreat and we loved having the Hobold family in the Cripple Creek area. Glad to hear you enjoyed the property and we’d like to have you back again if you make it out this way.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing