“Great food, great service, great atmosphere!”
Review of Ralf's Break Room

Ralf's Break Room
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our third trip to Ralf's when visiting Cripple Creek and Victor. We make it a point to visit each time we get to town. I've had the Italian Salad, which is freshly made with premium lettuce you don't usually find in a restaurant! The chicken wings are fantastic and the pizza (we usually order the Mountain Man) was mouth-watering good. If you like your green chili hot, this is the place to go. Ralf's has a great tavern atmosphere, friendly staff and great service. We'll be back.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was here for a conference and Ralf's was our nightly hang out! We were a very large crowd and could ave easily overwhelmed the staff, but they handled thing great. The food was better than average bar food. Burgers are great and the drinks are generous! They all made us feel like we belonged. Great local bar for a bunch of rowdy out of towners!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Wife and I happened to be taking a spontaneous drive on Memorial Day and ended up in Cripple Creek around lunch time. We were looking for something relatively light for lunch and we checked out the menus posted outside a few restaurants. I remembered that the reviews for Ralf's weren't especially glowing but a couple of their salads sounded OK so we decided to give it a try. Our server was a little "flighty" but did a good job, checking on us frequently. We both ordered a grilled chicken salad. The salads weren't ice cold, instead served close to room temperature and the chicken was really well prepared and tasty. I don't know if we were extra hungry after our drive but I really liked the salads, and the dressings were clearly home made. The only slight negative was that the food took quite a while to come out of the kitchen and the place wasn't that busy. I have no problems recommending this place. I saw a couple of other entrees come out to other tables and they looked pretty good.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have visited this place twice over the last 9 months. The first was back in June of 2012. We came up to Cripple Creek to ride the train, and they recommended Ralfs. The food was okay, but our waitress was bad. The lace is fairly large, but apparently only had 1 waitress on duty, and she appeared to be new. She forgot several things on our order, offered us refills on our tea, but never brought it. We were only 1 of about 5 tables in the place, so it's not like it was over packed. The food however was edible, and when i was in town this last weekend for the Ice Festival, I decided to try it again, mostly because everyplace in town was packed, with an hour plus waiting list. We walked in, and it too was packed, and we were greeted with a sign that says "seat your self" Huh? We saw a table with a group of 6 that was finishing up, so we hung back not wanting to act like vulture waiting to devour a road kill. However, our politeness bit us in the butt, as when one gentleman stood up to put on his coat, a rather rude gentle standing behind us moved in and sat at the table before the other group was even up. What type of management does a seat your self when there is 1 hour plus wait everywhere else in town? Well, it caused us to leave and head back down the road (a 30 minute drive to the next sign of life) but we did, and did not return back to cripple creek, but instead spent my money in Woodland Park. Cripple Creek is a fine town, and I was not upset by the long waits, as that was to be expected, but the seat yourself when you are packed and a line wating to get in is just poor management.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Go there and try the tastiest pizza of Cripple Creek. You are going to have lots of fun with the coolest games like pool table, golf, arcades.... no way to have that much of fun, with the coldest beer, with the most enjoyable company, anywhere else.