“WAY Overpriced”

Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed here one night on a trip in the mountains. The area was wonderful and fun; however, this hotel room was pretty bad. They charge nearly $100/ night and the room is SUPER small; just enough room to fit the bed between the walls and a small bathroom. They called it a queen bed, but it wasn't; it was smaller. Had a few things to do for work, so got WIFI in the room and they charged $8 for it and the website says specifically free WIFI in rooms. I went downstairs and requested to get that taken off the bill and the host had a big attitude (slamming stuff around). The room has NO soap/ shampoo. Not even 1 bar! The room did appear clean and the front desk at least listened to my complaints. I got the impressive they get complaints on a regular basis.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chroy
There are newer reviews for Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 6 October 2009

I don't know what I was expecting but the Midnight Rose was not for me - neither was Cripple Creek. I must have been 30 years younger than anyone else in the hotel and I am 45. Cripple Creek itself was was full of very old, very poor, very sick people,all feeding their remaining money into slot machines. Most seemed injured and toothless and many were breathing with the aid of a respirator. I have seldom stayed anywhere quite as depressing as this. I was in the area for the hiking around Pikes Peak and Mueller State Park so I fled during the day and returned to my grey, cell-like room only to sleep. I ate once in the underground steak house and was pleasantly surprised but I'll not be going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank paulhempstock
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My wife and I went to Cripple Creek last week. Stayed 3 nights at the Midnight Rose Hotel. The room was spacious and clean. We enjoyed the casinos which were all "Smoke Free." Drink service was very good. Service on the slot machines was good. The cash back comps were also good. The steak house at the Midnight Rose was outstanding. Try the lamb chops!! We made side trips to the top of Pikes Peak, the U.S. Air Force Academy, and the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. All of these were excellent diversions from the casinos. We have travelled to many places all over the World and enjoyed this trip as much as any we've made.

2  Thank TennesseeWarren
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Midnight Rose for our 18 wedding anniversary. When the hotel found this out they sent us a bottle of champagne, flutes and balloons to our room. Upon check in we received two coupons for $5.00 each at JP for breakfast so breakfast turned out to be free as well. Room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Only down side was our window looked out to an adjacent brick building. Parking was free as was drinks if you were playing at the casino. The room had a flat sceen TV, coffee pot, and extra blankets, which we were very happy with as the tempature dropped considerably the night we stay there. The hotel staff was very nice. Next time we go to Cripple Creek I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jitterbug_72
Reviewed 23 March 2008

We stayed at the Midnight Rose right before the Easter Weekend. Price was $97.00 with tax. The room was very basic but exceptionally clean for how old the hotels in the area are. Flat screen t.v., bed was comfortable, meals at JP's were very nicely priced and good. We would definately stay again. The drive from Broomfield to Cripple Creek takes 2 1/2 hours and provides amazing views of the Colorado Rockies on your trip up.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Rebecca66
Reviewed 3 June 2007

WE USUALLY STOP HERE AND WIN. The MIDNIGHT ROSE is a very nice Casino . We always enjoy our visits. The service could be a little better,but its ok. They are always busy.Got lots of pictures. ENJOY.

2  Thank BILL L
Reviewed 4 October 2006

This was our second trip to the Midnight Rose and it met all our expectation again. Cripple Creek is like an old western town with about 15 to 20 little casinos. The rooms at the Midnight Rose were very clean and the bed was so comfortable, I hope to be able to go back real soon. We also love the casino and the 2 other casinos (The Brass Ass and JP McGills) that are on the same players card. All the employees were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!