“Great honeymoon location!”

Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Safari suite at the Midnight Rose. The room was huge- a fireplace, double-headed shower, 2 TVs, a jacuzzi, etc. The price was also very affordable, especially for all the amenities (they even included a bottle of champagne). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside to the hotel is the location. Cripple Creek is an exteremly small town made up almost entirely mediocre casinos. It's also located in the valley of a bunch of mountians so the drive was a bit scary at times with the roadside drop-offs. We also had a very scary experience driving back one night- it was extremely foggy and we couldn't see about 5 feet in front of the car. The mountain drop-offs were about 100x scarier in the dark and masked by the fog.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swezier

Reviewed 25 April 2010

Everything about this Casino Hotel and its location was absolutely brilliant and I could not fault anything. The Hotel staff were efficient and ultra-helpful, the restaurant, superb and the town, absolutely charming. It's on my list of MUST RETURN towns.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed 14 October 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary. This was our first time at this hotel in Cripple Creek. The staff was friendly and courteous. We had balloons and champagne when we got to our room plus the extra pillows I had asked for. They have 2 restaurants but we decided to go less expensive and eat at Dynamite Dick's on the second floor. The food was good and one order was enough to feed 2 people!! Our room (#308) was at the end of the hall but close to everything. It was clean, comfortable, safe, quiet, and it over-looked Bennett Avenue. We played the slot machines at Midnight Rose and had great luck! It wasn't over crowded so we got to play the machines we wanted. Everything was right here in one building, which made it that much nicer. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed here one night on a trip in the mountains. The area was wonderful and fun; however, this hotel room was pretty bad. They charge nearly $100/ night and the room is SUPER small; just enough room to fit the bed between the walls and a small bathroom. They called it a queen bed, but it wasn't; it was smaller. Had a few things to do for work, so got WIFI in the room and they charged $8 for it and the website says specifically free WIFI in rooms. I went downstairs and requested to get that taken off the bill and the host had a big attitude (slamming stuff around). The room has NO soap/ shampoo. Not even 1 bar! The room did appear clean and the front desk at least listened to my complaints. I got the impressive they get complaints on a regular basis.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chroy
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I don't know what I was expecting but the Midnight Rose was not for me - neither was Cripple Creek. I must have been 30 years younger than anyone else in the hotel and I am 45. Cripple Creek itself was was full of very old, very poor, very sick people,all feeding their remaining money into slot machines. Most seemed injured and toothless and many were breathing with the aid of a respirator. I have seldom stayed anywhere quite as depressing as this. I was in the area for the hiking around Pikes Peak and Mueller State Park so I fled during the day and returned to my grey, cell-like room only to sleep. I ate once in the underground steak house and was pleasantly surprised but I'll not be going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank paulhempstock
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My wife and I went to Cripple Creek last week. Stayed 3 nights at the Midnight Rose Hotel. The room was spacious and clean. We enjoyed the casinos which were all "Smoke Free." Drink service was very good. Service on the slot machines was good. The cash back comps were also good. The steak house at the Midnight Rose was outstanding. Try the lamb chops!! We made side trips to the top of Pikes Peak, the U.S. Air Force Academy, and the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. All of these were excellent diversions from the casinos. We have travelled to many places all over the World and enjoyed this trip as much as any we've made.

2  Thank TennesseeWarren
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Midnight Rose for our 18 wedding anniversary. When the hotel found this out they sent us a bottle of champagne, flutes and balloons to our room. Upon check in we received two coupons for $5.00 each at JP for breakfast so breakfast turned out to be free as well. Room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Only down side was our window looked out to an adjacent brick building. Parking was free as was drinks if you were playing at the casino. The room had a flat sceen TV, coffee pot, and extra blankets, which we were very happy with as the tempature dropped considerably the night we stay there. The hotel staff was very nice. Next time we go to Cripple Creek I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Gold King Mountain Inn
Gold King Mountain Inn
#9 of 9 in Cripple Creek

Been to Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!