“Lots of character, quiet, great service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Imperial Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here recently. My room was well furnished, clean, and quiet.
The service was good through out the hotel and restaurant . My only caution might be that the rooms are air conditioned. I was there in early June and it wasn't an issue.
I would stay here again just for the historic feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Skinnywater

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here 10 years ago, it was pretty bad. Only a few rooms had a bathroom in them, everyone else had to share a common one in the hall that was the size of a broom closet. I must say, after staying here this past weekend I was surprised, the new owners did a fine job on the renovations, and each room had a bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dgk007
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I officially got to stay in this hotel with the newly renovated rooms under the new owners. I must say I really enjoyed my stay. Made me feel like I was at home. Nice and friendly staff and the new rooms were great ! Can't wait to stay again

Room Tip: Be in good shape to walk up and down the stairs. Sometimes hard when in that high altitude. But I...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were excited to hear the Imperial had gone through a complete renovation and were excited to see it after first staying there 14 years ago. We were also excited that it was purchased and renovated by the owners of the beautiful Carr Manor.

We were disappointed. The first impression was not the best. We walked in and had to page the front desk staff/waitress in the restaurant to check in. After paying over $300 for our "suite" we walked up expecting a beautiful suite with a jet bath for two (like the picture on the website led us to believe). What we got was a room that was a cold 60• due to an open window in the bathroom. The bath was a single bathtub with a lovely dead wasp in the jets.

The room was much smaller than we expected after viewing the pictures online. The bed was comfortable and huge, but due to no block out shades the room stayed well lit all night. It was nice to feel real carpet on the floor and the room was beautifully designed.

The best part was the shower. Not only was it tiny, it had no shelving and you had to pick up your shampoo off the floor knocking the shower curtain out causing water to run into the toilet area. Not only that, but the hose connecting the shower head was spraying water out of 2 ends.

Needless to say, we were sorely disappointed in the Imperial, especially since we paid such a large amount of money for a "suite."

The room was clean, the towels were soft and plush, the bed amazing, and the decor was beautiful.

Our thoughts were the details seemed to be rushed to get the hotel operational.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank biddlesmom08
Dreamer10, Owner at Imperial Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

We are disappointed as well, the room, as you noted had recently been completed - or perhaps not quite.

The details you mention have been completed with the exception of "Black Out" shades, we have attempted to keep the historic nature of the building to include wood blinds.

It is interesting to note that the "Suite" is now a combination of three rooms in the original hotel.

The "Mackin Suite" is one of our best, and we are sorry you were disappointed - recent guests have raved to us about this room.

We really wish we could have met you when you were here.

With our very best wishes to you in your travels

Gary and Wini Ledford
Owners

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed one night here on our anniversary weekend and although it is a historic hotel, pretty when you walk in, the stay is just not what we expected.

The front desk was unattended from the time we checked in and every time we passed by. There are no elevators to the rooms, so if you have bad knees, I would NOT recommend staying here as the stairs are difficult to climb, even for myself and I exercise daily. I think there are only two floors with rooms here and we were in the Max Morath room, it was nice but there is something about this place that made us uncomfortable. The bed was really high off the ground and almost too soft, neither of us slept well. Tossing and turning, makes for a very restless night. The bathroom sink is not in the bathroom but in the room, you do have a private toilet but the water pressure in the shower was very low.

We wanted to have a night cap at the Red Rooster but it was closed when we went around 9ish, although the sign said the hours were from 4-10pm. Seriously the entire hotel was like a ghost town at a quarter to 10pm on a Saturday night! How this place will manage to remain open is beyond me.

I would not stay here again and honestly, they need staff present and available to customers. I never saw other guests, the place is like a ghost town. The only time I saw any staff members was when the restaurant (across the check in desk) was open for dinner. It was really odd to be in a hotel with nobody around. We felt so unwelcomed in this hotel.

Room Tip: Visit the hotel in person first and look at the rooms before you book!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rychedelic

Thank you for taking the time to commenting and you are correct there is no Elevator and as a historic hotel built in 1898, there was no elevator then.

The hotel has been continuous use since that the time and restaurant since 1914 in this building.

You stayed in October and the town's season goes from robust in the summer months nearly nothing starting in October and running to May. We are now only open on weekends as our staff has to perform many jobs.

I am sorry that your experience was not the best, the hotel was 100% refurbished with all new plumbing, electric heat and furnishings in 2011 and 2012. The beds are all Posterpedic mattresses that most of our guests love.

While we cannot always please everyone - it is helpful to get an insight of what our guests think.

With our very best wishes

Gary and Wini Ledford
Owners

Reviewed 4 September 2013

A very nice historic hotel, however no one to ck most of the time if you have a room problem. When we visited it was unusually hot and no AC, room updated, very nice, but problem with sleeping, windows open, no screens , windows not moveable, ceiling fan was big problem, could only keep it on low speed because it was off balance and made terrible noise on high speed, therefore room temp was about 80 even though outside temp was lower.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rita W
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We just stopped in one afternoon to have lunch. There food was really very good.
They serve Italian food at a good value.
I had lasagna which was quite tastey. My wife had pasta primavera which was good too.
It's historical ambience is also very intriguing. We look forward to returning some time to stay the night.

• Stayed: July 2013
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Imperial Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!