“Restaurant only - wonderful Remodel, Good Food, Iffy Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Imperial Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We always enjoyed the restaurant at the Imperial Hotel, but hadn't been there since the closure. We saw a sign while walking around, that they were now open and decided to give it a try. The inside of the restaurant ( and we understand the hotel as well) is beautiful inside! Faux tin ceilings, new floor coverings tastefully done with new carpet, new tables and chairs! Wow! They have a great bar also, in which we've had a lot of fun. On this Labor Day eve ( Sunday) we couldn't find a dinner reservation to be had in town, so we went into the Imperial. We were promptly and graciously met and seated by the hostess. There were four other couples in the place, and the capacity is enormous ( think large group party) Our waitress was interesting or inexperienced. She got our water order, and asked me if I wanted to see the wine list (duh). When my companion ordered the house chardonnay, she asked if that was a white wine. While we were waiting for the wine, and possibly bread, our waitress was engaged in a long personal conversation with another couple. When the wine cane, the chard was undrinkable and my chianti was $8 a glass, and worth about $5 a bottle. After another 10 minutes, we were able to persuade the waitress to bring the bread. The waitress told us to avoid the Chicken Parm due to dry chicken. My companion ordered the chicken Marsala instead, and yes, the chicken was dry. I ordered the Fettuccini carbonara, and it was the BEST I have ever tasted, infused with bacon flavor galore and green peas. The included spumoni was a nice touch after dinner. We will probably be back, but the front of the house staff needs to match the building remodel.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spending the night in Cripple Creek was not our intention, but we were happy we did it.
Finding out that the hotel was haunted was an extra fun adventure as we were awakened by yells in the night that were unexplained. Giving us a new topic to discuss on the road.
The city it self has a whole lot to see and explore.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Uncle-AL-and-Co
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ended up in Cripple Creek, CO and decided to stay for the night. The room was a pleasant surprise and we had a good night's sleep. There is no AC in the hotel but not needed because the temperature goes down shortly after the sun goes down. The room had a ceiling fan and temperature was fine when we arrived in the late afternoon.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern. The room was small as was the style in 1896. The restaurant was not open on a Wednesday night and we searched by foot for a place to eat. Everyone we talked with was very friendly.

The room cost was under $100 on a Wednesday. Might be more on the weekend.

We would stay in this hotel if ever in Cripple Creek again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We ate at the restaurant. It is our experience that dining at gambling towns--including Las Vegas--usually disappoints. I guess they figure the slot zombies will stuff anything in their mouths without thinking. The Imperial Hotel restaurant was a pleasant surprise.

We were concerned when we walked in, because only two other tables in the dining room were occupied. But we found the service efficient, the prices reasonable, and the food good. My wife had shrimp scampi, which she considered to be excellent. I had ravioi, which was a bit underspiced for my taste but was fine otherwise. A nice, fresh salad and spumoni ice cream also come with the meals. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you try this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank plainsrefugee
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here recently. My room was well furnished, clean, and quiet.
The service was good through out the hotel and restaurant . My only caution might be that the rooms are air conditioned. I was there in early June and it wasn't an issue.
I would stay here again just for the historic feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Skinnywater
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here 10 years ago, it was pretty bad. Only a few rooms had a bathroom in them, everyone else had to share a common one in the hall that was the size of a broom closet. I must say, after staying here this past weekend I was surprised, the new owners did a fine job on the renovations, and each room had a bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dgk007
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I officially got to stay in this hotel with the newly renovated rooms under the new owners. I must say I really enjoyed my stay. Made me feel like I was at home. Nice and friendly staff and the new rooms were great ! Can't wait to stay again

Room Tip: Be in good shape to walk up and down the stairs. Sometimes hard when in that high altitude. But I...