Cripple Creek Hospitality House & Travel Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Westward Ho Motel(Cripple Creek)
View Hotel
Hotel St. Nicholas(Cripple Creek)
View Hotel
Cripple Creek Motel(Cripple Creek)
The Victor Hotel(Victor)
View Hotel
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak(Manitou Springs)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoperating roomrv parkfront porchcontinental breakfastnurses stationunique hotelhospital equipmentquiet locationloved our stayoutskirts of townfull hookupsbutte theaterperiod pieceslodging experienceb bunoccupied roomsplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Hard to know whether to call this a "hotel review" or an "attraction review" because I could hardly stay in my room - I wanted to explore every corner, leave my door open and have other guests visit me. Hospitality House is a former hospital converted to a hotel. Each door is labeled with its original function and many hospital furnishings remain. I heard a little girl say, "This is a museum we get to SLEEP in!" Upon check-in, we were allowed to wander the halls, choosing from any open door that was of interest to us. We chose Out Patients :) Although set on the outskirts of town, a free shuttle was immediately available for dinner in Cripple Creek. We were warned that the main floor was a little noisy come breakfast and the second floor was warm without a/c. For those who like historic homes, this should not be a concern. Who needs an alarm clock when the muffins smell that good! I commend this hotel to anyone who likes character and genuine comfort and for whom discovery is an important part of travel. This hotel was a memorable highlight of my 25-day trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karmen50
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I looked at Tripadvisor and local websites to find something out of the ordinary where we could stay, having earned a trip away from our 6 young children after many years. This property looked charming and the unique appeal of being an old hospital was too much to resist. We called the hotel directly and booked a large room with 2 queens for $100/night (but they didn't have anything available for our second night, so planned to move on after 1 nights' stay). When we arrived, we inspected the room- it was Ok to look inside all of the rooms if the doors were open they told us... and decided on a different room that was available both nights (the nursery), but wasn't highly sought after because it was a double bed and small, but did have a private bath. Good choice. The size was fine since we were planning on spending most of the day exploring and just nights sleeping in the room. Each of the rooms is named after its original use (clearly identified on the door in period hand lettering), a walking tour inside the building is neat!

All said and done, this is a very safe bet for someone considering something out of the ordinary. It's very nicely furnished- old wheelchairs from when the place was actually a hospital (1900's) and clean!

We would stay here again if travelling as a couple- but wouldn't as a whole family (remember 6 kids). The quiet hours are 10pm to 8am, and seem well respected. There's a small table of rolls and juice and coffee in the morning, and wireless internet that is best received from the RV area- the antenna is pointed to the RV park. Located behind the main building, the RV park doesn't distract from the appeal of the hotel (RV in the name made me leary).

If you go to Cripple Creek, pick up a book they sell in the lobby- very handsome and underpriced ($6) softcover book that includes driving and walking tours of Cripple Creek with accompanying photos of today and 'in the day' along with brief overviews- I wish we had seen it before spending 2 days here.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank bestestes
Reviewed 28 May 2007

This is our third year to spend our summer at he HOSPITALITY HOUSE TRAVEL PARK, in CRIPPLE CREEK COLORADO. When we arrived we were greeted by the owner, Stephen Macklin, saying "WELCOME HOME". We had left our RV here from last season, and all was perfect. With the help of Larry Green,Maintenance Manager, we were settled in about a hour.
When we arrived, May 25th. 2007, we had snow on the ground ,but melted by the next day.We are looking forward to using the HOT TUB tomorrow. Having the WIRELESS INTERNET available free is great too.
We pay $375.00 a month for full hook up. I made them a viideo to show all at HOSPITALTY HOUSE B&B AND TRAVEL PARK. YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR STAY.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BILL L
Reviewed 22 September 2006

I was very pleasantly suprised with the Hospitality House. I really believe it is the best for the money in Cripple Creek. I have stayed at many other B and Bs and hotels in Cripple Creek too.
The rooms are very nicely decorated with antiques, and very clean. The service is good too. I think it may be a 10-15 minute walk at most to the casinos but you can take the shuttle too.

Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank Irishlam
Reviewed 20 August 2006

This place was advertised as an Inn (old Hotel) with a campground 4 blocks from the Casinos in Cripple Creek. We were tent-camping and wanted to be close to the Casinos so my husband could play poker for hours at a time.
It's not really set-up for tent-camping. Just 4 grassy (some not mowed) meadows with a garbage can in the middle and a couple of picnic tables. Deep ruts were everywhere and there were pieces of metal and wood buried in the ground, could be disastrous on your tires. There were no tent pads or parking areas. The bathroom/showers were basic, I've had better in a state park. This place is basically built for RVers and the tent-camping grounds are an afterthought. $18/night and no refunds. They just shrugged their shoulders when we asked what we were supposed to do after a big rain and we couldn't get the car up the approach to the bridge into the camping area. Also, it's not 4 blocks from the Casinos, more like 10 blocks, and a large uphill section. They did say they'd call the city shuttle for $0.50 a ride.

4  Thank bhedge2