“Excellent Meal, Great prices”
Review of Winfield's

Winfield's
Reserve with OpenTable
Winfield's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 33 Restaurants in Cripple Creek
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs Colorado
“Excellent Meal, Great prices”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We went to Cripple Creek last night (Saturday) and almost didn't eat here because of the negative reviews on trip advisor. We could not get into Bronco Billy's steak house and the Maitre De at Bronco Billies and a bartender at the Double Eagle both recommended Winfields. We were pleasantly surprised. I had the surf and turf - Bacon wrapped filet with two large king crab legs, my wife had the filet mignon Oscar. My food was cooked perfectly, I ordered a Cesar salad that was very good also. My wife ordered her steak medium and it was overcooked. The waitress took it back and prepared a new plate- her second steak was perfect. Aside from this minor hiccup the dining experience was very nice. The restaurant is upscale, nice romantic decor, you sit it private booths. This same meal would have been over $250 at the Famous in Colorado Springs - we had their best bottle of pinot noir - the total bill was $110.00 for both of us - a great value. HIghly recommend!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank michmartin6

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“No thanks”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The food was terrible and way over priced. The place was empty and we still had to wait for 20 min. For a table. The service was ok I get better at the pizza place at home.

Visited January 2012
Colorado
“Excellent meal, very spotty service”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We dined at this restaurant on 10/15/2011. The restaurant has very low lighting, decor is average, but it was very cold in there! I know the staff was running around and busy (?Short staffed?), but the guests seemed to be cold. The food was good and maybe slightly above average. We dined on the salmon and the roasted red pepper chicken. The salmon was good but you still could tell it wasn't the freshest (although that is difficult to get in Colorado). The roasted red pepper sauce on the chicken has a slightly metallic/sweet taste to it. Don't think that was inherent in the peppers, maybe in the process used to blend them. The Winfield's salad was a nice start and the hot bread felt good in the cold room! I have eaten at other restaurants in Cripple Creek, and would still return here for a good meal. I am sure it is hard to provide appropriate staffing levels because of the up and down nature of this town, but if the service had been outstanding it would have given me a better impression of the food.

• Visited October 2011
colorado
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This is an excellent restaurant for that special evening. We both had the Fillet.
Very nice ambiance .

Carrollton, TX
“I'd go to Cripple Creek just to dine at Winfield's!”
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My husband and I ate at Winfield's on Monday, July 13. We both had the Steak Diane and it was definitely filet and very delicious. Our waiter (Eddie) was very attentive and did everything right--just what you'd expect in a first class restaurant. The wine list was decent, the ambiance was nice and romantic with wonderful dinner music playing the whole time.