“Too Much Noise and Too Much Light!!!”
Review of Westward Ho Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Westward Ho Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Los Angeles, California
“Too Much Noise and Too Much Light!!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This clean motel with very thin walls is situated just a few steps from the busiest corner in Cripple Creek. We stayed in a duplex, rooms 3A and 3B. The building is located much too close to the sidewalk and street. The entire night, we could hear the traffic of delivery trucks going to and from the casinos and cars passing by and stopping at the 24 hour mini market across the street. The tattered mini blinds did not keep out the bright light from the lamp posts which seemed to be positioned right next to our windows. The room featured a comfortable bed, a television with several stations, a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a table with two chairs. The radiator heated the room nicely. The small bathroom with the tiny shower was adequate. The receptionist was nice enough, but she would only take cash for our rooms.

I do not recommend this motel. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank VacationingChris

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2010

This place is by far the worst I have ever stayed in. Theres bugs everywhere, horrible service, an the bathroom is like a horror movie. If you think about staying here you are crazy. Your better off finding a nice spot outside an sleeping at. The location is like 400 yards to the nearest casino an its up a hill for athletes. I recommend staying at a hotel that has more to offer like a clean environment, friendly service, an something more then a shack that is way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank sumkwl

Travellers are raving about these Cripple Creek hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Worse hotel I have ever stayed at. When I went to check in the owner (Darlene) was terrible with customer relations. She had one room available an I requested to have it but threatened if I was not there in 15 minutes she could not hold the room an would charge my credit card an then give the room to someone else even though I tried explaining to her my car was around the block an I was not familiar with the area an might be longer specially with traffic. Completely rude an not friendly what so ever.On top of that she charged us 172.00$ for a dump. Not the 40$-70$ the other review said. And there is no western like hotel, just the front of the building has a western look along with trash, weeds, an dirt an no privacy due to being right on the street when you open the door. The rooms were promised by the manager to be nice but when your inside the room its another story. Talk about cutting corners to save money. Its a shack with two supposedly queen beds (full beds to be correct) cramped cramped in a closet like atmosphere an fridge with a horrible looking bathroom (bathroom is terrible specially the stand up tub. Would not recommend taking a shower here for your safety) Another thing that threw me over the edge was the bug infestation of the place. I kid you not there is spiders coming out of the sink an showers through the drain. There were numerous beetles, spiders, an I do not know kind of bugs crawling on the floor when the lights are off an in the bed. Completely unacceptable with paying 172$. The rooms are not separated it has a makeshift wall with a t.v that has little to no channels, an no doors between the two beds. Also due to crampness one bed is hit by the entrance door cause its so close to the entrance an everyone can see you outside if your in the bed. At this point I just had enough an went to there 24hr office to get a refund an sleep in my car. And yes your better off sleeping in your car. When I went there the doors were locked an lights off. I had to call a emergency number just for someone to possibly wake up an talk to me. The reception person explained there is a no refund policy. I was heated an asked to speak with the main manager which happened to be that unforgiving lady I mentioned early. She was determined to not give a refund an screw me out of my money. She kept making random excuses like did you use the bed if so no refund. If you used the toilet no refund. An argued there was no infestation of insects even though I could prove it with the dead insects on the wall, floor, bathroom sink, an around fridge. She argued an argued but I would not budge. She eventually gave my refund back but stressed she was unhappy an I was a liar about the bugs. All in all the hotel is by far the worst ever. Sleep in your car is what I recommend if your option is to get a hotel here. The only plus well kinda a plus here is the location. Its like 3-4 football fields away from the casinos, but its a big hill to go down an a monster of a hill coming back up. The casinos seem alright but seems the odds are more in there favor then other casinos I have been too. If I could give a less rating then a 1 I would but can not give anything less then a 1.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank david33364
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Well first off, their website info is incorrect. There is no HBO or Cinemax.
There was basic cable.
There was no phone in the room, no ice machines, in fact no machines what so ever. The town has only one gas station/market/c-store.
There is not one fast food shop in the town. This is rustic folks.
This hotel has about 4 separate buildings that were split to make 2 rooms for each building. The so-called "wild west" theme is present on the buildings and front area only. Other than that it's all weeds and dirt.
If you call to make reservations, that's not some lady that just works there, they are the owners and don't speak english too well.
Our room cost 70.00 a night {long stretch from the 40 - 60 the other review on here quoted}.
I was told by the owner that she usually rents it for 85.00??
I was told on the phone that I would have a queen bed, and she still called it that when I arrived. No such luck ...it was a full size.
I had requested a smoking room which I was told was available. I saw no ashtray in the room and went to the office and was then told that all the rooms were non-smoking ...oh yeah ...watch me smoke lady!!
We settled on me opening all the windows, although I had to go to Walmart to buy my own ashtray.
There was no a/c, a roll around electric radiator was provided for the cold, but I doubt it would have worked only because I spent my first morning learning how to use the hair dryer without blowing a fuse. You couldn't use the high setting or it would trip the breaker.
The towels provided were the kind that once you use them they're soaked.
There was a kitchen sink and a microwave, the toilet is loud enough to raise the dead miners. The bathtub was disgusting. It was filled with hard water and calcium deposits. They did give comp shampoo and conditioner and 2 small bars of soap that were throw backs to the 1970's soap you would get in a hotel room back then
The hotel is near the casinos ...if you like walking up a 35 degree incline, for about 400+ yards, when you come home!
All in all I was VERY unhappy with the place.
For 70.00 a night in Las Vegas I could have gotten quite a nice room, what I got here wasn't much more than a shed.
Please take my advice and stay in Woodland Park and drive here for the day and evening.
The acommodations I saw in Woodland Park were much more modern, besides you'll just end up driving there if you need anything anyway. there was a Walmart there as well as Walgreens, all the fast food joints, and so much more!!
If you stay in Woodland Park your right in the middle of it all, one way is Cripple Creek and the other is Manitou Springs/Pikes Peak areas etc...
Plus, I think there's a shuttle bus that runs from Woodland Park to CC.
That's where I'll be staying next time!
I'll never stay in CC again, at least never at the Westward Ho.

A few tips for 1st timers to Cripple Creek casinos:
They are all smoke free!
They all serve free beverages, liqour, and beer {which sucks if you like to drink and smoke at the same time}.
Although the street may seem to have a party atmosphere, you cannot take your alcoholic drinks outside.
If you wanna drink with your smoke you'll have to do it back at your hotel room.
The casinos, as of July 2nd, are now open 24/7 and the maximum bet is $100.00.
Take my advice and you'll have a great time!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ramblin_Man63
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2007

WESTWARD HO MOTEL is the newest and freshest western decor motel in CRIPPLE CREEK. The new queen beds are so comfortable. Located on 236 BENNETT St.,all the the casinos are just down the street.the rates are from 40.00 to 65.00 per night. A NICE PLACE TO STAY for less. [--]

6 Thank BILL L
#3 of 10 in Cripple Creek
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Westward Ho Motel? Share your experiences!