“Jacuzzi Room”

Gold King Mountain Inn
Reviewed 23 August 2013

WE thought we would have a nice stay in a jacuzzi room but when we settled down that night with a nice glass of champagne and the fireplace going, for a romantic evening I noticed a ring around the jacuzzi. Got up and turned on the lights and the tub was filled with nasty rusty scummy water. Even the shower was nasty. We learned they had flushed the pipes recently and the water would be nasty. My question was why did you let us rent the jacuzzi if we couldn't use it. The ladies at the front desk just blew me off. Then my husband called the general manager not to ask for a refund but maybe just to charge us for a regular room. He made all kinds of promises to us that he would refund our all our money, give a free night at the inn and a free dinner at the buffet, and ask if I had a players card. I assume to put points on it. That was June 30th-July 1st. WE still have not recieved anything from this hotel and have talked to the General Manager 5 times with the same promise. I did not find the rooms very clean, they were pretty dusty. The staff is allowed to smoke outside the front entrance so we had to walk through their smoke. We even had to close our window because (i won't say staff because I did not see who was smoking) of cigarette smoke coming in from outside. So needless to say, (I will stop short of caling the general manager a liar), but he certainly not good for his word.

Room Tip: Make sure they have not flushed the pipes if you stay in a jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis P J W
There are newer reviews for Gold King Mountain Inn

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have stayed at this location three times now and have had very good experiences with them. The rooms are average but very comfortable with wonderful views overlooking the town from a high point. The shuttle is always accessible to get into town if you do not want to drive in (it is just down the hill but parking can be a bit difficult in Cripple Creek at times) so the shuttle is a good way to get around in town. The drivers are friendly and generally very prompt. The hotel is connected with the Wildwood Casino, which has a great breakfast and dinner buffet at the Maverick restaurant.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing south over town.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently hosted my family reunion here. Jill, the hotel manager, did an excellent job in coordinating our event. The (conference) room used was clean and the food that we requested was great! The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. My family members that stayed here were impressed with the rooms. They were clean and neat. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for any meeting or to stay for a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have stayed at this Inn before and enjoyed our stay both times. It sits on the upper most hill in Cripple Creek and if you are lucky enough to get a room on the back of the inn, you will have a lovely view of Cripple Creek. The room and facilities were clean but were a little surprised the toilet lid was too small for the stool. They are doing some updating so maybe that will change. I just wish Inns, hotel, etc. would stop using the smelly stuff in the rooms. My husband has asthma and this really sets his asthma off. We slept with the window open so it would eliminate the smell.

The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this inn. If you stay here you get a free breakfast buffet at the Maverick restaurant which is just down the hill. They have complimentary shuttle service to the buffet and downtown if you prefer to leave your car at the inn.

2  Thank Connie J
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was a little skeptical about the idea of the hotel up the steep hill from the Wildwood Casino. They have shuttles, but we had our own car and didn’t need the shuttle.
We couldn’t check into our room until 3pm. Normally that would be fine, but this time due to our personal situation we wanted our hotel room earlier. They were able to accommodate our request and we checked in at 12:30 ish. We were pleasantly surprised to see how nice and updated our room was. It had a refrigerator and a microwave along with the normal amenities.
Two buffet breakfasts came with the room. Maverick’s Restaurant is located in the Wildwood Casino. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of food they had on the buffet. Also, there was a chef making made-to-order Omelets and Belgian waffles. A Full ham the chef would cut to your liking. To top it all off, they have a self-serve Schwan’s ice cream machine. When you are on vacation you can have ice cream for breakfast.

1  Thank Darcie L
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was disappointed in the quality of the hotel. I can understand a stain on the carpet, but in a room with two beds, but both comforters had stains and were dirty. When I spoke to the desk they said, " I will let housekeeping know." It could have been a bad day for the housekeeping staff, but I think for the price it should have been better.

On a good note, the shuttle service was great! They took us wherever we wanted to go, even went out of their way looking for the donkeys.

I guess you get what you pay for. All the hotels on the "strip" were full and this it what was left. Make your reservations early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank gsmithok
Reviewed 19 June 2013

There doesn't seem to be many places to stay in Cripple Creek and you get what you pay for. Yes, the hotel is remodeling, and yes it is older. However, the staff could not have been more gracious, from the shuttle drivers to the front desk staff. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was quite good, and the location is a great base for exploring the area, from Pikes Peak to the Royal Gorge. Wildwood Casino was fun, and the drivers are very prompt to pick you up for breakfast, for gambling, or from most anywhere in town. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with a stay here. Staff was very accomodating about things to do in the area; city park is great if you have kids with you, and the train ride in Cripple Creek was fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Gold King Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!