“Good hotel”
Review of Hotel St. Nicholas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Hotel St. Nicholas
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed 20 February 2012

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It has very good service, I would recommend on staying there.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank ryand42

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here New Year's Eve 2011. Wasn't in the room much but while we were there we were very happy. Check in was easy. We made our reservations via phone back in August and were pleased that after that amount of time there were no mix ups or problems. We reserved two rooms, as we had another couple visiting Cripple Creek with us. Both rooms were clean and cozy and the beds were comfortable. The building itself is the star of the show. It is beautiful.

We read earlier reviews that mentioned the bartender "Don" and had the pleasure of meeting him in the boiler room late Saturday night. He was awesome. He made two late night partiers very happy with a pizza when everythibg else was closed. After a full shift and a late night he was friendly and telling jokes.

The next morning we went to the dining area for the breakfast. There was an assortment of breads and pastry. Fresh fruit and juices, coffee and hot water to make oatmeal. All in all very nice for a "continental breakfast".

The shuttles for the casinos will pick you up and drop you off at the back entrance if you do not want to walk. Being that it was New Year's and knowing that we would be partaking in alcoholic beverages, we were able to park the truck and let the shuttles be the DD.

When we return to Cripple Creek, this is where we will stay. And as a side note, we went to the Butte Opera House for the performance of "The Christmas Donkey" and were amazed by the performance of this small town Opera House. Having seen shows in Vegas, Denver and New York, I can assure you I was astounded by the quality of this performance and the performers. We have already decided when we go back, seeing another show there is a must.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank djmrock
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was extremely impressed by the great hospitality and historic nature of the St. Nicholas. Susan is a great hostess and shared many great stories about the B&B and its former life as a Hospital during the gold mining heyday. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and I was in easy walking distance (two blocks) from the downtown area. I'll definitely be returning and recommend the St. Nicholas to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Scott T
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I wish I could linger longer at this enchanting hotel in the mountains. The hotel is situated above and overlooking most of the rest of town, so one is afforded an almost bird's eye view of this venerable mining/gambling/saloon town of the Old West. The Hotel St. Nicholas provides clean and elegant rooms that capture some of the spirit of more exciting times. Rooms are comfortable and tastefully appointed. The owner and employees are always friendly and helpful. There is a cozy western bar in the hotel. The steam heat is comforting in many ways and I feel very much at home here. Sometimes I think I may be somewhat of a time traveler.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the front (south) side which have a nice view and get more sun, but I like all the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne H
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away from the Hot Texas heat so we picked Colorado and the St. Nicholas as our destinatiion. The hotel was more than we expected. We loved the charm and the little touches we sometimes forget about. Susan was very nice and we never had to ask for a thing, the room was clean and fresh and we so enjoyed the view from the sunroom. Did we encounter the ghost? Maybe who knows! The floors did squeak but that was part of the charm of the aged building.. Loved the hotel and would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a break from the usual chain hotels.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I called last minute hoping they had anything available for Labor Day weekend and it turned out they did. I was told over the phone that they had a small queen room left with a private bath. My husband and I didn't care how small the room is, we just wanted a weekend away, and after all, I'm calling hotels in Cripple Creek. These are more like Inns, not hotels. We were thrilled when we arrived, turns out the hotel is an old hospital from the 1800's that has been refurbished into this beautiful Inn. Creaky floors, original vents, gorgeous crown molding. The staff was great, exactly what I would have expected. Personable and homey. And our room was comfortable and quite cozy, just like what I was told. We will be back, and I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone that isn't expecting a Hilton. I would also recommend a stay at this place for anyone interested in ghost hunting...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lysslamas
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel is something else to say the least! My fiancée made reservations for my birthday on August 19 and 20. She was told the room would be $110.00 per night and she agreed to the terms and gave them her Credit Card information…All is well right? Not hardly! I receive a call two days later from Susan the Inn Keeper who informs me that Carol made a big mistake and charged us the regular rate for the room and that if we still wanted to stay it would be $150.00 per night. Susan thought this was good business sense even though it was her employee’s mistake. Needless to say there are no rooms available in Cripple Creek on these dates. Just to add salt to the wounds we had several other offers we turned down from waiting lists we were on because we thought we booked a good one!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Hotel St. Nicholas? Share your experiences!