“Great place to work”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in De Beque
Debeque colorado
“Great place to work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

All my friends and family need to check it out. Any of you that live out of town need to make this a place to visit. You could not ask for a better place to have fun in the sun. You need to come meet the team we have here. We will show you a great time while you are here.

Room Tip: All rooms are great some are a little bigger than others.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RhondaP1968

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just go to Kessler Canyon. Stop reading this and just go now, you won't regret it. Everything about Kessler Canyon, the location, the property itself, the artwork, the activities, the food, and the service is perfectly thought out and impeccably executed. My wife and I spent 7 nights there last summer and every day provided multiple "I can't believe we're actually in a place this amazing" moments.

The staff does an amazing job of making you feel like you're at home the entire time you are there and they couldn't be more warm, welcoming, helpful, and genuinely fun to spend time with!

The property itself is unlike anything else I've ever seen... 23,000 acres in the middle of the high desert of western Colorado with the perfect mix of rustic and refined.

Finally, the food and entertainment from Chef Lenny and the Black Mamba are both incredibly special and full of heart and humor.

I usually like to travel somewhere once, check it off the list, and try something new the next time around. Kessler Canyon is one of only two places in the world that I know I will have to get back to in the not too distant future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean M
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have traveled extensively both international and domestic and Kessler Canyon is the only place that I did not want to leave! Our trip to Kessler Canyon was beyond our expectations. The entire staff was warm, friendly and exuded southern hospitality from the initial welcome to our departure.

You will absolutely LOVE Executive Chef, Lenny, and Sous Chef, Dan! Their breakfast, lunch and dinner are not only tasteful with every bite but beautifully prepared with each place setting. Talented chefs that dhey are so talented and provided great flavors with each culinary creation!

Kessler Canyon provides 5-star service in so many areas: guest rooms, service, attention to detail and to their customers, food, activities that are offered on property. I would highly recommend this property to family, friends, and travelers to Colorado.

I hope to be a regular visitor and can't wait to visit the resort soon!

joyjoyincolorado

Room Tip: any hotel guest room at the property is GREAT!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joyjoyincolorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our second visit was just as fabulous as before!! This visit we took the ATV ride up to the Mesa and explored the top of the mountain--it's absolutely beautiful and breathtaking to be up over 8000 feet and hear total silence. The wildlife and nature you get to see is wonderful! Again the staff did an impeccable job of meeting all our expectations...thanks Bob, Cindy, Karrie, Jim and Daniel! We did miss not having the Black Mamba appear--maybe next year!!

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I enjoyed five nights at the beautiful and remote Kessler Canyon resort in June 2013. We were celebrating our marriage, and wanted to go somewhere that blended things he loved with things I loved ... we were pleasantly surprised that our expectations were overwhelmingly exceeded on every level. There was indulgent luxury, amazing hospitality and rugged beauty. We enjoyed the ease of each day ~ with our fellow guests and the staff becoming our friends more than fellow lodgers.

Kessler and the staff go above and beyond to make your visit special and full of memories ~ they have created an environment where it's just as normal to get a spa massage and spend time in hot tubs and steam rooms as it is to ride ATVs up switchbacks to the crest of the adjacent mountains or shoot clays at their phenomenal gun pavilion. We met people from all walks of life and enjoyed the throwback of pre-dinner cocktails and then "family" style meals all shared together. Please let it be known though ~ Chef Lenny is not serving up grandmom's meatloaf! Each dish is beautifully presented, with intriguing and delicious flavor profiles ~ one dish out-doing the next. He was a true pleasure to meet and I hope that we will get to journey back again someday and enjoy more of his awesome culinary creations.

Kessler Canyon is a perfect place to unplug and relax and both my husband and I would highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gnh6113
Somewhere near Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This trip was business and pleasure, and Bob, Kerri, Jim, Lenny, Dan, Emily, Margie, Rhonda and Jessie exceeded expectations at every turn. We stayed 7 nights and when we left, we agreed that we were leaving our second "home". At every meal together since, I hear, "well not like Chef Lenny......."

The most delightful planned event was firearm instruction by Jim MacKenzie. We arranged for a class with my party (varied experience and physique) with the goal of improvement and to test various firearms. The surroundings were incredible, instruction was excellent, and as Jim promised, adapted for student aptitude and progress. The range, equipment and expert instruction makes this a go-to location for the big game hunter through novice (male and female) looking to improve knowledge and skill. Even for last minute schedule adjustment of our our requested changes were accommodated immediately (we so appreciated this).

The lodge was a dream. Being surrounded by exquisite Native American and wildlife art immersed the senses. The described meal plan and family style dining was really so much more. The Black Mamba, local entertainer, was indescribable (you have to see him in person).

The meals excellent and food/beverages plentiful throughout the day. The kitchen is spotless and we could converse with Chef Dan and Chef Lenny while preparing our meals at any time. At our off site trips, box lunches were beautifully packed and ready before departure. External family members also came to visit us at the lodge and I was able to invite them to stay a meal with us. I traveled with two male teenagers who came out of their shells at the lodge meals to converse politely and then catch night critters with other guests at the lake.

We also partook in offsite events, and we received assistance with our arrangements. Guided ATV rides on site was a favorite activity for the men, the spa offerings and peaceful rest for me. We also had a rental vehicle flat tire that the staff helped us with until resolution. We so appreciated this because our rental car company had such poor service. Our visit to Kessler Canyon gave us five-star facilities, service and care!

We are already making plans for our next trip.

Room Tip: Temperature control is automated on all rooms. For a temperature change, just request it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mona C
Parachute, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This place is nestled in a beautiful valley! The staff were friendly, their service was impeccable, and they remembered all the names of 20+ guests! Chef Lenny makes FABULOUS dishes; and I enjoyed his singing after dinner! My best friend and I both developed a crush over Jesse the bartender! The artwork in and around the grounds is breathtaking! Bob Edwards is a great host and a great instructor at the shooting range (thanks to him, I hit 4 out of 5 clay pigeons for a first- time skeet shooter)! I have passed the information onto the VPs and CEO of my company, as well as my family, friends, and pastors! I will definitely include this location as a venue for a country wedding for my future wedding planner business! In fact, I would love to honeymoon at this place when I get married!

Room Tip: The main lodge has an elevator for easy access!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Deborah W
Also consider these accommodations in or near De Beque
Candlewood Suites Parachute
Days Inn & Suites Parachute
No photo provided
Grand Vista Hotel
#3 of 5 in Parachute

Been to Kessler Canyon, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!