“A Classy Place”

The Windsor Hotel Dining Room
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Del Norte
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chef Regan is a rising star in the valley. Her dishes shine far beyond flavor and presentation. Innovative dishes combined with the freshest local ingredients have earned her a reputation of DE-LIGHTRESS.Oh! But let's not forget Regan's desserts... TEMPTRESS.... comes to mind, with one taste of her decadent chocolate souffle! The Dining Room at the Windsor is all aglow with local patrons' and travelers' raves and reviews. Come in, enjoy the service and know that tasting IS believing! Kodi Whitehead, our own local starling, returning to the valley with his wife, Regan, this last spring. As the Food and Beverage Director, Kodi brings his appreciation, experience and formal training as a Sommelier (from the Court of Master Sommeliers). Yet, Wines are only the beginning... what an excellent and fun evening to be had, learning from your host, about fine foods and drink. The Dining Room, at the Windsor, is looking forward to your arrival and providing you with a superb and 4th dimension dining experience!
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“A Classy Place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

On the spur of the moment, my husband and I drove from Pagosa Springs to Del Norte for lunch and a walk around. We have been through Del Norte many times. It is a quiet place with quite a bit of historic architecture, the Windsor Hotel being one of them. We decided to forgo the brew pub around the corner as there are plenty of those in Colorado and try the dining room of this renovated hotel. It is beautiful, light-filled, with a lovely courtyard and welcoming bar. This is a place that has set a standard for itself and met it. Cloth tablecloths, cloth napkins, a beautifully set table in a high-ceilinged room. The wait staff were attentive and friendly. Now the food: my husband had a creamy parsnip soup laced with olive oil and a shrimp BLT with Bay Seasoning aioli. By all appearances, he enjoyed it and ate every crumb and drop. I tried the Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad - very fresh, generous with the greens, the chicken just right and the parmesan crisp served with it was delicious. I wish we could have tried everything on the menu since it all looked wonderful. Did I mention the prices were very reasonable for such a professional effort? Although I must confess lunch cost us a bit more than we planned because there was an art exhibit at the Gallery Windsor in the conference room and we ended up buying a beautiful little painting. I will always remember where we bought it. The Windsor Hotel is an asset to this town and to Colorado.

1 Thank JUDY R

Laguna Beach
“OMG!!! An oasis in the high desert”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Locals PLEASE support this hard working establishment! You don't know how good you have it! They're fantastic! Locally grown, organic if possible, fresh, fresh, fresh!!! This team of 3 (head bartender extraordinaire, hubby that oversees the masses and the very talented chef) are a match made in heaven! Please don't let their efforts go in vane. California, New York would KILL to have this caliber of food at THESE prices!!!!! The outstanding mojitos ($6), some of the best I've ever had and I've had a few, knock you're socks off. The food amazing! We dined here 2 nights in a row and would travel 60 miles each way to eat there. We've been around the world, owned several restaurants ourselves and this place is a gem!!!

Keep in mind though that Sunday nights are served fixe prix and only one choice served family style. Don't be like the sour puss Indiana grandma that let everyone know she hated duck! Really complaining about duck on a family style meal?!! The menu was on the board before you came in. Go eat a bad hamburger somewhere!

This is a great stop in the San Luis Valley. A welcome respite for travelers, hikers and bikers. Don't worry about dress code. (although it's always nice to dress up a bit!) They love their beer here too, but you might as well have it with some great food!

2 Thank LagunaGypsy
“Beautiful Historic Hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Windsor Suite! The room was absolutely stunning. The double head shower and the whirlpool tub were so relaxing and luxurious. The view from the patio onto the courtyard was breathtaking at night with the clear view of the stars. We ate at the restaurant downstairs and the food was amazing! Both the hotel and restaurant come highly recommended, especially to those who enjoy and appreciate the history there!

1 Thank Alicia A
Plano, Texas
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I started taking trips to Southern Colorado a couple of years back. We love the area because there is so much to see and do. Restaurant options are pretty limited with bar food being the standard in the area. On one of our early trips we spent the night at the Windsor and decided to eat in the dining room. We did not expect much since all we had experienced before was the run of the mill "salad bar" offerings at establishments in the area. We were amazed at what we found at the Windsor. A friendly, attentive and polite staff was just the start! The food is mouth watering, right up there with the 5 star restaurants we have dined at in
Dallas. It does not matter what you get, the taste is terrific and the prices are unbelievable. Better yet you are treated like one of the family - from the moment you walk in the door they treat you like they are happy to see you.
I would highly recommend the Salmon, the 7 X Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce, the Braised Pork Shank - heck I would recommend anything on the menu. I have had them all and they are superb.
On our current one week trip to the area we have enjoyed two wonderful experiences there. Our third will be tomorrow night. I can hardly wait.
My thanks go to everyone at the Windsor for making us feel special and providing us with an atmosphere and food that is just unbelievable. Steve, Cody, Reagan please keep up the good work.
Here is a tip, try a tapas night in the lounge. It will blow your mind.

1 Thank bill t
Golden, Colorado
“Blown Away”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped by chance because we wanted to see the inside of the hotel and though eating in the dining room might be fun We were willing to settle for mediocre food. We thought we were going to get a greasy burger or something. Were we surprised! My husband had a sandwich with honey dew melon and local prosciutto. I had polenta with arugula, goat cheese, and other yummy things. But the best--the huckleberry soufflé for desert. Everything seemed really fresh which is something I crave when travelling. If this was in my neighborhood I would eat here all the time!

• Visited June 2014