“Dinner at the Windsor”
Review of The Windsor Hotel

The Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Del Norte B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I went to the Windsor to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We had been before and were not impressed with either the food or the service but this time it was different - excellent food (We both had the salmon, cooked to perfection) and service. We thoroughly enjoyed being there for that celebration.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the Windsor because we live close by in Monte Vista.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Windsor Hotel in Del Norte is an oasis on your way to the 4 Corners of Colorado. The staff is very welcoming and they make the whole experience one to remember. Within the hotel is a great restaurant and I mean FANTASTIC ! They source all local products from vegetables to meat and I would rate the food as 5 Star. What I mean by oasis is that they have very comfortable rooms and provide a great dining experience. So on your travels a great place to unwind and replenish your self.

Room Tip: They are all very nice and comfy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueMoonhat
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I went to the Windsor Hotel on Valentines weekend. It was a great experience despite the fact that we could only go for the second night (we were stopped by a snow storm the first night and couldn't make it). The hotel offered us another night free but we could not stay (they could not refund us because it was through Groupon). We did not eat at the restaurant and went to 3 Barrel Brewing instead (an awesome pizza place next to the Windsor). The staff even shipped the sweater I left behind to us for free. Overall a wonderful experience, highly recommended.

1  Thank 2chelseyd
Reviewed 23 February 2014

As San Luis Valley residents my bride and I were searching for a special local place to celebrate our anniversary. From previous experiences (personal and professional) we knew there was only one location in our region that offered both fine dining and beautiful accommodations; The Windsor in Del Norte, Colorado.
This historic gem has been completely remodeled with customer satisfaction in mind. We enjoyed the spacious honeymoon suite with our own private balcony, dining area, jetted tub for two, large flat screen TV (64"?), Wi-Fi and a king-size comfortable bed made our journey memorable.
Service defines The Windsor. The restaurant is indeed the definition of elegant fine dining with wait staff anxious to ensure your experience is nothing less than the absolute best. My bride is a gourmet cook, so I've become somewhat biased and hard to please outside our home. With this in mind, The Windsor delivers. Breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner offer the best cuisine I've experienced anywhere.
Try The Windsor in Del Norte; You will appreciate the genuine effort made by this establishment to make your experience nothing less than the absolute best. Thank you for the lifelong memories; we look forward to our next visit. Oz..

3  Thank Ozzyontherio
Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a wonderful place in Colorado. As a native, I respect the mix of history of gold rush era and originality, yet modern renovations as to not leave the hotel in a dingy or creepy setting. Tastefully updated yet the original flooring, ceiling molds, iron bar stair railings, and more were retained. The hospitality at this hotel is the best I have have ever experienced, with a real individual home-town touch that you won't get at any chain hotel. I will definitely stay again, and recommend any couple to book the suite for a romantic getaway! The food in the restaurant is amazing, but I think the cocktails are even better! Enjoy your stay!

2  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel during the holidays and had a wonderful stay. The food rivals that of the biggest cities. The bar is a perfect place to wind down after skiing all day as well. I loved the potato chip nachos! The staff is wonderful and even cleared our car off one morning. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Livetodayfortomorrow
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Surprised my husband with a trip to Wolf Creek for his birthday and after doing tons of research on lodging in that area. I decided upon The Windsor Hotel because of the photos and reviews of the dining as well as the accommodations and so glad I did. We ended up getting to know the Whitehead family and LOVE what they are doing there. We cannot wait to go back and bring friends! By far, the best bang for the buck in that area!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 19 in South Fork
Riverside Meadows
Riverside Meadows
#2 of 19 in South Fork

Been to The Windsor Hotel? Share your experiences!