“Hoped for better”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Delta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had hoped to find better food here based on other Trip Advisor reviews but was disappointed in the food. I had ordered the tacos al carbon and ended up only eating the meat out of the inside of the taco - the tortillas were so wet that I couldn't even begin to pick them up - not sure if they had been dipped in grease or water before being put on the plate. The rice, beans, etc was only just mediocre. Won't make a repeat trip to this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I am from Texas. So, when I have Mexican food, my expectations are not low. That being said this restaurant was not that great. When I leave wishing that I would have had fast food instead, it isn't good. The refried beans were the best thing on the plate. The chicken verde enchiladas that I got were cooked in a red sauce and then covered in verde. The verde was good, I've had better, but it was decent. But the way they cut the chicken and cooking in red chili power (that somehow managed to be tasteless, go figure) made for a bad flavor combination. I truly was expecting more from Mexican food from the Green Chile Regions, but was sadly disappointed. The staff were friendly, and attentive. The shining star for us was the coleslaw dish they brought out with the salsa. It was unique and very good. If I lived in the region I still would not go to this establishment on the regular, nor as a traveler will I patron again. Just wasn't up to my standard for Mexican food. Bland, rice was dry and overcooked. I'm thinking that Taco Time down the street would have the better choice. Ad so way overpriced for the quality you are given. $13.00 plates for enchiladas ... for something I wouldn't have paid $3.00 for. We nick named the restaurant, "El Crapito." Not nice I know, but funny!

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Mexican food Every Friday night for 22 years, just riding home late on a Monday & my visitor spots this little place...no time to check it out on Trip Advisor..,turns out to be FABULOUS!! 3 very different meals....all 3 of us RAVING about the quality. Sweet atmosphere! And...though we arrived Very late at night we were graciously welcomed and given several special prices we did not request! Warm & welcoming & delicioso!!!

1  Thank Bsuttie
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We have eaten here several times. Always the same service and food. Not bad for a small town. Will visit again.

1  Thank ferret50
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We love to go here and enjoy great Mexican food and beer. They start you off with salsa and Chips. The service is good as the waiters are nice and attentive. The prices are good and a nice selection of tequila . The food is more traditional Mexican and is always great.