“Can't stay away . . .”

House of Chin
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Delta
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The first time I tried this place, I ate the honey chicken and I haven't ordered anything else since. It was an instant favorite, and I tell everyone I know to eat there. The service can be kind of slow, but I'm learning that's pretty standard out here in Delta. Wait staff are friendly. There was one negative experience on one of my visits ~ there were tiny bugs in the broccoli (which I've seen in brussel sprouts cooked at home, too, so it didn't phase me that much; these things are natural and happen). When I informed the waiter, he apologized but didn't offer a new serving or a discount on my ticket. That was a minus. Still, not enough to make me stop eating there (yes, it's that good!). Try the lunch specials!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This little Chinese restaurant does not look like much from the outside. It shares a building with other businesses, But once you walk in, you will see it is one of the CLEANEST Chinese restaurants I have been in. Its small, with booths and tables, and tastefully decorated. The menu is quite diverse and has all the "regular" items. The menu is completely MSG free. The size of the meals are always big enough to take some home for later too! My only complaint is the take home boxes are styrofoam, and not the neat Chinese "take-out" boxes.

1  Thank pipes69
Reviewed 19 September 2013

What a disaster. They couldn't get it right although the waitstaff tried. They reported it was the fault of the kitchen staff who were having a "fight" with the owner. I ordered a simple enough dish and they got the sauce wrong, the ingredients wrong and tried to tell me there were scallops in there and there wasn't a single one. What did I really expect for an additional dollar? I guess not much. But really, don't try to tell me there's something there when it isn't.
They also assured me there was no MSG in the food and there surely was, as I was sick from it all night.
So, like I said, don't go here. Unless you want to be disappointed. Save your Asian food craving for another time and place....

Reviewed 27 July 2013

House of Chin is located about half a block of the main highway in a simple building and is not a very large restaurant. The decor was plain but that's not why I go to a restaurant. I decided on the Pineapple Chicken which came with choice of soup or salad and choice of rice. As usual there was enough for take home as well as a nice portion at the restaurant. The chicken was breaded and cut in thin strips then covered with pineapple and sauce. This was a sweet sauce that complemented the chicken quite well. I have had pineapple chicken elsewhere which had soy sauce mixed in that was not near as tasty as this. If you enjoy pineapple this is the way to go. Wait staff are friendly and the owner enjoys providing you with a great tasting meal. I'll be back when in Delta or passing through.

1  Thank ChocolateTraveler
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Best in class among the many Chinese restaurants I've eaten at on the western slope of Colorado. Asked the chef to spice up my Szechwan chicken, perfect, very tasty. Fresh everything. The first thing I want to know is the hot n sour soup good? I rate it high here. I've been back and will go back any chance I get. Highly reccommened.