“Almost perfect, if only the pool was warmer (and a couple other minor details)”

Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #26 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My dad and I stayed here for one night before an early departure from the Denver airport. We’d reserved a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom suite using his Priority Club points. (I haven’t often seen Staybridges—or any hotels, for that matter—that allow you to use points for 2-bedroom suites, especially for the same number of points as the more basic room types, and with no upgrade fee – but we were able to do that here, which was very nice!)

Check-in went totally smoothly. They found our reservation immediately, and were even able to put us on the top (sixth) floor when we asked if they had any suites of our type available there. The elevators were a little slow going up, but that wasn’t a big deal; it’s a system of two elevators, so there was never really a long wait for one.

The suite was clean as could be and had plenty of space. The first bedroom had a queen bed and a desk; the second had two doubles (no desk in that one). Each bedroom had its own bathroom, of course. The sinks were outside the actual bathroom, which can be good or bad… personally I think it’s kind of annoying, but when you have your own bedroom anyway, it doesn’t matter. One picky point, though: there was only one waste can in the entire bedroom area (including the bathroom). I feel like there should be a minimum of two – one in the bathroom area and one in the bedroom. I know that creates more waste, more work for the staff, etc. – but it’s kind of annoying and inconvenient to have to walk all the way into the bathroom (or wherever you move the waste can to) from wherever you are, each time you need to throw something away. That’s just a small detail that didn’t really detract much from the quality of our stay, but sometimes, the little things can actually turn out to be the big ones.

Shortly after we checked in and got settled in a little, we went downstairs and helped ourselves to the Sundowner evening social, where they have free food and drinks (even beer and wine) for the guests. They had hot dogs that night (which were great!), along with salad, chips, and lots of condiments and side items. (Another picky note: they had sweet relish to go with the hot dogs, but no dill relish. I’m definitely a dill person, but at the same time, I’m not going to sit here and complain about how they didn’t have one particular condiment for the FREE food they gave us!)

We had some laundry that needed to be done, so we took advantage of their free laundry facility. Boxes of Tide were just a buck each from the Bridge Mart (open 24/7), so Dad bought a couple of those and got the laundry started.

We then decided to go check out the pool. To be fair, I like my pool water a little warmer than I think most people do (I’m an upper 80’s kind of guy, whereas I think most people prefer low to mid 80’s), but I can tolerate it a little cooler. That being said, this water was just too cold for me to get in. My dad got in but said it felt cold to him, too. This hotel doesn’t have a hot tub, either… so, that aspect of our stay could have been a lot better, but we definitely didn’t let it ruin an otherwise great stay.

The hotel is located in an area with quite a few restaurants close by, but we were in the mood for wings and trivia, so we drove to the Buffalo Wild Wings about 20 minutes away and got our fix – definitely worth it. When we got back, the parking out front was full, but they have plenty more behind the hotel, well-lit, with entrances to the hotel from the back as well (just don’t try to go in the pool entrance after it closes; I think it locks around 10 pm).

Back in the suite, I got online and killed some time on the web. The internet was a little slow, but about on par for free hotel WiFi. (It was also super easy to connect to.)

The shower was great, with good pressure and plenty of hot water. The curved shower curtain rod was great for having a little more room.

I slept like a rock on that bed, too. (I was in the room with the 2 double beds, so I just had a bunch of my stuff piled on one of them and slept on the other; it was fantastic.) No noise to speak of or anything… didn’t hear any airplanes flying overhead, and wasn’t kept up by the HVAC system even though it was basically at the foot of my bed. (Interesting note: the living room and my bedroom were on a central air/heat system controlled by the living room thermostat, while the queen bedroom had its own room AC/heat unit [one of those below-the-window units]. I always like central better since it’s usually quieter, provided the HVAC system isn’t super loud [again, no problems with this one], so I was very happy with my room. I don’t think Dad had any complaints about his unit being noisy either, though, so I guess they’re both fine at this hotel. Just thought it was funny [but again, not in a bad way] that they mix-and-match AC/heating types within the same suite.)

Breakfast was great in the morning. Pretty typical selection for a free hotel breakfast – bagels, English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage, cereal, milk, juice and the like. I do wish hotels would leave the breakfast open past 9:30 AM… most people who are there for leisure as opposed to business aren’t even awake at that hour! They should at least try 10:30 or 11:00 (and not just on weekends, either, since people travel on leisure all through the week – especially over breaks!). It wasn’t an issue for me this time since we were out of there by 9:30 anyway to catch our flight, but it’s the general principle.

Check-out was a breeze. We had a rental car, so we didn’t have to use the airport shuttle or anything. The hotel is really close to the airport; we were probably to the rental car return within about 5-7 minutes if that.

Overall, a pretty great stay. Would I come back again? Possibly… but I think I would probably check reviews of other nearby hotels on here first and try to find one with a hot tub and a better-heated pool. Not that I’ll be back at the Denver airport in the foreseeable future, but if I am, that’s probably what I’ll do. The Staybridge certainly wasn’t bad, but there are so many others in the area, I could probably find one (in the same price range and service level) that I liked a little better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chris11828
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Chris11828, thank you so much for writing such a detailed and helpful review! It is great to hear that check in and check out went so smoothly and you were able to use and enjoy so many of the hotel's amenities. Your "picky" things, are not picky at all - we don't realize the "small" things unless a guest lets us know and we are in turn able to make our hotel better for all returning and new guests. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you happen to be in Denver!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed at many hotels across the country and this is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff is always friendly and hospitable and they will go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful expirience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Erik P, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! Its great to hear that you have had so many wonderful experiences at our hotel. I will definitely tell my staff to keep up the great work. We hope to see you again soon here at the Staybridge Suites!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We have stayed here a number of times esp. utilizing the park, stay, fly rate which has allowed us to leave our car here. Great rooms and nice facilities. having a small kitchen is a great plus as you have everything you need even if you order takeout...it is nice to have real glasses, plates etc. We have stayed mid week when the managers reception is on and this is fantastic - wine and enough food for dinner. The hot breakfast is wonderful and the pool and fitness area are nice for workouts and relaxing. Shuttle service is also excellent, frequent and convenient. We have also stayed here when away for 3 weeks and the extra $5 parking per day is great value. This stay we were only gone for 3 nites/4 days so did not stay upon return as the rate (I am guessing due to mid week business demand) was substantially more than one of the other nearby hotels. Will definitely stay here again due to park and fly, hot breakfast, great rooms, shuttle, nice staff and full kitchen.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good; perhaps not on ground floor due to extra foot traffic
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, expat_aussie, for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Many of our guests take advantage of our Park, Stay, and GO package due to our accessibility to the airport and especially because it includes 14 nights of parking at the hotel. Its great to hear that you were able to enjoy both the hot breakfast and the Manager's Reception, also many of our guests favorites. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities during your stays with us. We hope to see you again for future stays!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We were given a queen room instead of a king but did not complain as the beds are so big compared with English beds. However we wish we had as the 'garden' at the back was noisy with few people talking loudly and a dog barked, late into the night. We phoned down twice and the noise quietened for a bit and started up again. They would probably have moved us to a different room but we were so tired after our trip from England we couldn't face it. We didn't complain the next morning; we emailed when we got home two weeks later but were too late as we should have complained at check out. We will know better next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear CherryClift,
Thank you so much for taking a minute and writing a review on trip advisor. We continue to strive to do our best and we appreciate knowing about some areas of opportunity. We have many guests that like to enjoy the Patio area and the nice mountain views, but it is necessary to ensure guests on rooms around the patio are able to get a restful night sleep. We will ensure our Night Team is a bit more aware if guests are on the patio late at night and try to be more proactive to manage the noise.
We are happy to see you rated the rooms and cleanliness with high marks, we appreciate that. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

There is not much around the Denver airport but most of the airports are on Tower Road. The Staybridge Suites was a fantastic choice. When I arrived at 5:30pm, it was their managers reception cocktail time (5-7pm local). On the night I was there, they served all you can eat hamburgers and salad with all of the "fixin's"! The rooms (I had just a studio suite) were a great size and there must have been 50+ television stations. It is a very quiet location. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast that includes both hot and cold foods as well as a 24 hour pantry. The shuttle service runs 3 times an hour. The staff were very friendly. It is a heavily used airline crew hotel so they are always fun to talk to. I absolutely recommend this location! The only fallback was that the Internet (wireless) was not working due to service issues but I will not hold that against them as it is also complimentary!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you so much, globalflyereal, for taking the time to write such a great review. It is great to hear that you were able to have the benefit of both the Manager's Reception and Hot Continental Breakfast on your stay with us. Those are always a favorite of our guests. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your room as well. We do have multiple room types, so if you are traveling with a large family, we have just the room for you as well. I deeply apologize for the wireless issues you had during your stay. We have since got the wireless up and running wonderfully, so you will absolutely be able to enjoy that when you stay with us again (complimentary of course). I did want to make one clarification though, our shuttle runs twice an hour, at the top of the hour and half past - just didn't want there to be confusion. I will pass along the compliments to my staff as well. Hope you stay with us next time you are in Denver!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

large updated rooms. Great beds. Great location to be near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Appaloosas3, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and the convenience to the airport. We hope to see you again here at the Staybridge Suites!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight overseas and WOW, what a great place whether it be for one night or more. Very comfortable and lots of room to stretch out and relax! Breakfast is fantastic,,,variety and Hot waffles too! Staff very friendly and so conveniently located near Denver International. Will stay here again and again!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room so you can sleep before a long flight ahead, just request it and you'll...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you, Crystalfox1, for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate the kind words. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our hot continental breakfast and relax before a long overseas flight. Many of our guests take part in our Park and Fly package, which includes up to 14 nights of parking as well as one night's stay, either before you fly out or when you come back. Also, I will definitely tell the staff to keep up the great service. We hope to see you again!