“Worth my time”

Molly Brown House Museum
Ranked #13 of 259 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This fancy antique-filled Victorian house was the home of Molly Brown, a famous survivor of the Titanic.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm so glad that I took the time to visit the Molly Brown House. The tour is $8. You can't take pictures and the house is not air-conditioned. I do agree with others who commented that the tour was too crowded. There was one room where I couldn't even tell the tour guide was talking because I was so far back. I also had to be pushy so that I could see things before the tour moved to a different part of the house. For some reason, people on tours like to stand in front of things that they've already seen, so no else can see. Anyway, ignoring some mild flaws with the logistics, the house is in good condition and there is lot of history to learn about Margaret Brown and the time that she lived. Be sure to check the documentary in the gift shop.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The video and the house tour provide a great deal of information about the life and lifestyle of Margaret (not Molly) Brown. Our tour group was large, the spaces small, and the tour guide appeared rushed, but it was worthwhile.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The tour of this beautifully restored Victorian house is well worth it; the fact that you learn more about the life of Molly Brown, a Titanic survivor, women's rights advocate, philanthropist and more makes it even better. We enjoyed every moment...the tour guide was excellent and the gift shop was lovely. Even the time spent waiting for the tour to start was filled by a very informative video. I loved seeing the period pieces and especially loved the stained glass! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This tour focuses more on the like if Ms. Brown than on the house itself. The house is rather small, not air conditioned, and the tour last approximately 30 mins. Can be challenging with large groups.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoyed learning about the history of the Browns and seeing period pieces in the house. Nice gift shop.