“Charged for room night and not available -”

Brooks Tower Furnished Apartments at 16th Street Mall
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I experienced similar interaction as others - called the number listed and it went to a cell phone; reserved 4 nights, told I had to prepay to hold it. Property manager, Larry Keyser is good at giving alot of 'smoke and mirrors' up front but does not deliver. First night I arrived the desk clerk advised I could not have the reserved room if I was not 'on the list'. They and I tried calling Larry Keyser and were only able to leave voice messages. I had to walk (late night) to the Embassy Suites to find a room for the night. Larry Keyser did return my call on the following day and promised to 'make it right' for the duration of my reservation and promised crediting my credit card. After several phone calls and emails, NO CREDIT, NO RETURN CALLS. I would strongly advise to consider staying at other establishments.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank passportdave
Manager2011_11, Manager at Brooks Tower Furnished Apartments at 16th Street Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

This is a grossly false review. We invite all prospective clients to contact us and we will have you contact our guests currently staying with us so you have "Reviews in Real Time".
We have many reviews also available on our website.

There are newer reviews for Brooks Tower Furnished Apartments at 16th Street Mall

Reviewed 10 November 2010

Our stay at the Brooks Towers was mostly pleasant. The unit we rented was well appointed and nicely decorated. Other than the 2 fire alarms and the 5:30am trash pickups we had a positive impression of the building and unit.

The location was convenient to all the downtown attractions.

The problem has been getting a refund of our security deposit. I have emailed Mr. Keyser 3 times and called him twice. It has been a month since we departed the Brooks Towers and have yet to see the return of the security deposit...despite Mr. Keyser's promise of a week ago.

Had we received a timely return of our security deposit, I would have rated our stay much higher.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank frodousa
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I have stayed at all the 4star & up hotels in Denver, and they are all lovely. But nothing compares to the ease & enjoyment I experienced at Brooks Tower, and I was there for about 10 days. The owner was beyond helpful, the front desk staff really on top of things & the unit was beautiful! So nice to have a balcony & kitchen, plus the convenience store on the street level beat any hotel shop offering I've experienced in that city. Many nearby (1 to 3 blocks) incredible restaurants with great specials, and public transportation is so great you probably won't need a car, but if you do, there's a rental desk at a nearby hotel. All in all, a fabulous experience!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2010

-Nice buidling - centrally located. Very nice views. Staff and residents were very friendly.
-Walk to lots of attractions (although shops etc in 16th St. Mall are all national chain stores, a negative to us).
-Arrange parking in the garage before you depart for Denver - saves time and headache.
-We had a couple water outages during our stay, as they were repairing piping in the somewhat aging building. Street noise was excessive - jack hammering from morning till night.
-This place may be better suited to business travelers - feels more like home than a hotel would.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Just wanted to say that after a 4 night stay at Brooks Tower, anyone who is paying the higher prices to stay at a hotel while in the downtown Denver area is a fool !!!

Brooks Tower Condos are wonderful and the staff made you feel at home !

We had a 2 bedroom / 2 bath condo with living room, kitchen and gorgeous views from our balcony (Yes I said balcony.... and you aren't going to get that in a hotel room in denver !) on the 29th floor ! Also included are flat screen TV's with HD, free internet, and a fully equipped kitchen !

Just a short walk from the 16th St. Mall and that is an amazing place to shop or just sit and people watch ! I do have to say that we did encounter some annoyance from the homeless locals there outside the condos and throughout our stay, but overall a great trip and I would highly recommend that anyone staying in the downtown Denver area contact Larry and make your reservation at the Brooks Tower Condo's for certain !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I reserved an apartment for a conference, was charged $600, and then heard nothing about the apartment particulars from Larry Keyser, Managing Owner-Director, of Brooks Tower Corporate Housing. I sent four emails and had three phone calls, but still no word. Ten days before my planned visit, I challenged the charge and booked elsewhere - way out of town. Maybe he overbooked? Who knows, but the operation certainly does not deserve what he advertises:
Ranked by TripAdvisor.com #1 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Denver

www.brookstowercondosdenver.com

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank olzybots

We have many reviews also available on our website.

Reviewed 1 February 2010

All I can say is that I contacted an "owner" to see about renting a condo I saw on vrbo. I believe the owner's name was Todd. He answered the phone all muddled and fuzzy and then proceeded to joke and chat in a befuddled way. He was VERY casual and flippant and then never followed up with an email, a rental agreement, any confirmation of the dates I'd asked for. That was fine, I'd already moved way on. An extremely disconcerting and uncomfortable interaction. Stay clear.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo