“Totally disappointed in the BREAKFAST part of B&B”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Totally disappointed in the BREAKFAST part of B&B”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Worse B&B we have ever stayed in due to the breakfast. You usually pay more at a B&B because they usually serve you a regular home-cooked breakfast and NOT just waffles. Eggs, bacon & sausage with home-made muffins or coffee cake would have been great. We buy the same scones and muffins that were served at King Soopers. We can get waffles at many of the hotels that have breakfast included. Our suggestion is to change the name to a hotel and we would give it an excellent rating. Loved the location, the room, the staff, but the BREAKFAST was so very disappointing. Kept looking to see what else we were going to be served. We had to eat an hour later since we were so hungry. We thought it odd that this B&B was also suggesting wonderful breakfast places to eat at. We would not recommend this place until they improve their breakfast. We wanted to give a 2 1/2 rating since half the B&B (the BREAKFAST) was totally unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
Windsor
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Queen Anne for three nights and have only positive comments to make. The owners and staff were extremely accommodating. In fact they upgraded us to a larger room at no extra charge (not because we had asked but because they had the larger room available). The breakfasts were awesome. We were at the Queen Anne at the same time as "Gerry m" who has recently reviewed this property and would like to say that the waffles were delicious. My daughter and myself actually ate the waffles whereas the Australian gentleman wrote that it "looked inedible" which suggests he didn't actually try one. Every breakfast was made from scratch with the freshest ingredients and we thoroughly enjoyed every meal.
The location is very central to downtown and safe.
We would definitely stay at the Queen Anne if we ever had an occasion to visit Denver again.
Thank you for your help and courtesy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I booked for 8 days, coming from Australia. The jetlag was not helped by having
a) A basement room where the creaking heating was at orchestra levels every few hours
b) No TV to wile away a sleepless night
c) The much lauded breakfast was a 1000 calorie waffle that looked inedible with a few 5 day old mandarins.
When I asked for a better room that was all too much trouble...

best to avoid

Room Tip: Avoid al together and save yourself the trouble
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
QueenAnneThxYou, Owner at Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Gerry,

We're sorry to hear you felt your stay was a negative experience. We consider all customer feedback to be an opportunity to constantly improve our service, and will take all of your feedback into consideration. As you probably recall, we had decided to waive your cancellation fees to allow you to find a hotel which better suited your needs. Hopefully you can respect and appreciate that courtesy we provided to you.

Additionally, I noticed that your other Trip Advisor reviews have all been quite negative, and I would suggest maybe you try staying at some larger establishments or booking directly with your hotel of choice instead of going through third-party vendors. This will allow you to properly research your destination and ensure that they are a better "fit" for the style of travel you are pursuing.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Denver and thanks again for the feedback.

The Staff at the Queen Anne B&B
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. Aesthetically pleasing and tasty breakfasts with clean rooms. My room lacked a closet or wardrobe so I had to hang things on the wall. The staff was helpful and enthusiastic.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank colegw
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at the Queen Anne for three nights in February and would highly recommend this B&B. We had one splendid night in the Suite 4 and two nights in the Rooftop room. Suite 4 is very large with a unique artist design. The Rooftop suite is much smaller, but has access to a hot tub on the roof. What could be better than winding down in the hot tub with a glass of wine while the snow is falling? Each room has unique and interesting art work from local artists.

The owners of the B&B are very accommodating and sociable. They are happy to share their tips about Denver. There is a complementary happy hour in the evening and the breakfast in the morning is to die for. One of the owners is a trained chef and it shows. The location cannot be beat. You can easily walk down town and there are additional restaurants close by and uptown. There is also a park directly across the street where you can watch people throw frisbees and play with their dogs. I'm a huge fan of Denver and will certainly stay at the Queen Anne again. They were doing additional updates to various rooms while I was there, so it will continue to get better and better. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank takemeaway2406
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It's been a while since I stayed, so my review is a little out of date (well before Feb 2013 but that was the oldest option I TA provided), but I found myself recommending it to a good friend traveling to Denver soon and it brought back all my good memories! I stayed in the Rachel Z suite and it was big, comfortable and mostly quiet... except for the one night of my stay when a couple checked in quite late at night for a booty call and made a tremendous amount of noise (ahem) and wrecked the shower in the room closest by before checking out before breakfast. Not the b&b's fault. It's within walking distance of just about everything you'd want to walk to in downtown Denver, with a great if unassuming restaurant right up the street that serves a variety of french fries that you'll want to rescue your arteries from after eating but, if unsuccessful, you'll die happily sated. The very best feature, imho, is the breakfast table. Not only is it GORGEOUS but it's large and round and inviting of conversations with your fellow travelers. Milan is a wonderful host, and his food is terrific - and the dining room is adjacent to the kitchen that remains open so it feels like a home rather than a hotel. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jillpatrick
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My Fiancee and I have stayed at the Queen Anne more than 5 times...why in the heck would we stay anywhere else while in Denver!?! I travel quite a bit for work and we visit hotels and B&Bs throughout the country--this is honestly our favorite. Not sure if its the location, the breakfast, or the people (both the guests and the employees). We seem to have different people cook our meals in the morning, and besides being very kind, they are quite knowledgeable about the food they serve and the community surrounding their place of employment. The beds are amazing and I've only bashed my shin once on the frame (this is a typical occurrence for me at most hotels). Regardless, the front porch is so nice and relaxing with the large park right in front of you (perfect for people watching). The back patio and gardens are gorgeous and well-maintained--a perfect place to sip (or guzzle, in my case) the wine they serve at happy hours. Don't waste your time looking for something else---you've found it.

Room Tip: Go for the one with the Hot Tub!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business