“A home away from home oasis in the city”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently revisited the Queen Anne with my wife on vacation -- it was my home away from home for a year and a half when my biggest consulting client was in Denver. We actually made a special side trip there JUST to stay with Milan and his family.

Simple reasons that the Queen Anne is a must-stay:
- Rooms are delightfully designed by local artists
- Walk downtown or to the great Jonesy's Eat Bar across the park
- Really reasonable prices
- Afternoon wine and cheese
- AMAZING breakfasts cooked by Milan and sourced from their farm down the street.

Really can't say enough about how great the Queen Anne is. I consider them friends and will stay there as often as possible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike O
There are newer reviews for Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I don't travel much so when I decided to go to denver I wanted something relaxing and unque and that is exactly what I found at The Queen Anne!! Beautiful rooms with spectacular paintings of nature on the walls that makes you feel like you are in the middle of sea of aspen trees. It was delightful as well as the employees, they all very pleasant and helpful

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank alison t
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I recently spent the weekend at the Queen Anne and cannot wait to return. The inn is beautiful and the location perfect. The room was so comfortable and the gourmet breakfasts were over the top. Milan and the entire staff made certain my stay was perfect. I would recommend the Queen Anne to anyone looking for a unique spot to relax in Denver. Oh yes, the gardens are amazing!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie H
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and loved it! The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in (and I have major back problems), the breakfast was delicious, and the staff was warm, friendly, and very knowledgeable. I especially enjoyed getting to know the owner, Milan, and hearing about his amazing business model for sustainability and community involvement. This is exactly the type of business that I like to support!

1  Thank reeftravels
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Queen Anne during our visit to Denver. We've been to the mountains several times, but never had the opportunity to stay downtown. We wanted an alternative to the standard boxy rooms at the franchise hotels, although my boyfriend had never stayed in a B&B. We absolutely loved it. The owner is a chef, and made us a delicious open-faced veggie scramble with potato pancakes. He used herbs straight from their garden, and all dairy products came from local vendors. We love supporting local and small businesses, so this was really refreshing. We stayed in the Park Room, which had a wonderful view of the park right across the street. With the Park and beautiful Victorian homes surrounding us, it was hard to believe we were in Downtown Denver. We were a 10-minute walk from the 16th Street Mall, great restaurants (check out Larimer Square), and we did not have to get in our car one time the entire weekend. Feels so, so good to try something different and walk away with such a positive experience. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sara7272ashley
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We are so glad to have found this gem! Quiet, old neighborhood across from a park. Walking distance to almost everything! The inn itself is beautiful, spotless, and very comfortable. The beds are so comfortable, the breakfast is like eating in a gourmet restaurant, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Don't miss out on staying in this beautiful, green, local friendly spot!

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is a professionally managed B&B, so you don't quite have the same atmosphere as with one where the innkeeper-owner resides on premises.

Pros:
- Location... Lots of stuff within a 1-mile radius.

- 420-friendly... Smoking permitted in the garden area around back.

Cons:
- Rooms definitely on the small side

- The bed frame on our Queen-sized ... No box-spring; just a mattress on a platform. The problem is that frame extends out beyond the mattress, becoming an obstacle to be stumbled over, which I did many times... See below for more details.

Breakfasts were "ok"... Not great, not a disappointment. They do have a professional chef to do the cooking. Hate to say it, but the 60-year old lady who runs Adagio nearby and who fixes her own breakfasts, does a MUCH better job every day.

Now about the bed... We stayed in the Skyline Room. I'm sure the wooden bed frame was probably expensive. It is sturdy and appears well-made. But the problem I had was the frame extended out beyond the covers by several inches. Especially in the dark, it is way too easy to stumble over the corner.. And that corner does stick out into the path to & from the bathroom. They attached white markers to make the corner more apparent, but that really isn't enough. I would suggest a king-sized comforter on the Queen-sized bed... Make the comforter cover those edges that jut out; that would make it much easier to avoid stumbling over it.

Bottom line: the place served its purpose as a place to sleep. Nothing went beyond expectations or beyond the call of duty. And, except for my gripe about the bed, nothing fell terribly short of expectations, either. Hence the "average" review.

Last trip to Denver, we stayed at Adagio B&B. If I come again, I will book farther in advance to get back into Adagio... That one suited us better, but Queen Anne is not a bad second choice if you're looking for 420-friendly accommodations that are still reasonably nice.

1  Thank Keith H