“expected more...”

Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Northen Colorado
“expected more...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed one night when during convention in Denver.Overall, nice experience for the money( had a LS deal), would never pay regular price.It was not full,so not too bad, but I can imagine it can be real noisy at times.The "host" was very pushy, in a hurry to tell me all he wanted and show everything I need to know, in spite of the fact,that I was very tired and wanted to go to my room right away.He would not let me.There's no chair at reception desk,I just walked more than a couple miles on snow/ice( my mistake, but why should I be punished more?).All I could think about was to be horizontal on the bed.No consideration at all."What time do you want to have breakfast?"There's 2 options, so you need to sign up in the evening.Really? I have no idea, I need to talk to my husband,I need to use a bathroom.he would not care.
The room is very nice, may be one of the best.The breakfast was fine, not too many choices.I think most positive reviews are from warm season, when you can eat on the patio and they have their own produce.They let us leave our car till the evening, as the hotel was practically empty ,that was nice.
But no personality, no warmth.I'm spoiled- my first two B&Bs were excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in skyline, it's the most quiet, I think
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lvlndtrvlr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and stayed here over a weekend when we drove up for a Rockies game and found it to be quaint and charming. The food was well prepared and the staff was very, very friendly. The girl who was there Saturday afternoon went out of her way to give us suggestions for a good place to eat that was within walking distance and that was very nice. The location is good if you like to walk because many fine restaurants as well as the 16th Street Mall are within walking distance. The outdoor courtyard was very cozy and comfortable and we ate both our breakfasts there and watching the squirrels play around was entertaining. Although my wife and I had a nice time here, there are a few things that travelers should know before booking here. The parking is a bit of a problem. There are places behind the B&B but they seem to be always full and if you have a large car, forget about it, which means that you have to park on the street (if you can find a spot) and during the night that is fine but during the day you will get a ticket. Don't get the Oak room. It is right in the middle of the house and your door opens right into the dining area. You have to be quite creative with a chair and books and the light to get the curtains to cover the window to block out the light in the alley and be open enough to allow the little air-conditioner to work. You can't sleep in late here as it is right next to the kitchen and the dining room, as stated. Anyone who comes into the house late at night will also wake you as the front door tends to slam when it closes. Any movement in the upstairs rooms is also heard. Although we didn't mind it, the bathroom is very, very small, quaint and dated, but that is part of the charm of this place. The bed was a bit uncomfortable. I don't know about the other rooms, but I would certainly avoid the Oak room when booking again. Overall it is a very nice and clean B&B. They have a 'happy-hour' in the late afternoon that includes snacks and a selection of wines and that was also very nice. They could offer more than just one choice for breakfast (I didn't count the little pastries as a choice for the money I paid) but the food offered is very good. It is quiet at night in terms of outside traffic and the neighborhood if also very charming. For being located almost in the middle of downtown Denver, it is a nice stay, one just needs to be aware of a few "quirks" and all will be fine.

Room Tip: Don't book the Oak Room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandiablonde
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not many people consider going downtown Denver to get away from the hullabaloo, and yet, with the Queen Anne B&B, you can do just that. Queen Anne's is located in a very hip area close to some great eateries(after you enjoy their awesome breakfast, of course), watering holes, and downtown. The room we had, Fountain, was excellent with an sweet view of the park and a great jacuzzi tub--highly recommend this one.
The breakfast was definitely gourmet with many delicious baked selections, coffee, juice, etc. Yum seemed to be the word of the morning with everyone around the table.
And another bonus was safe, free parking, wifi, and a wine reception in the evening. Check it out!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank junai4me
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing. We walked in and immediately received a free upgrade to a better room! The staff was very friendly and full of suggestions for restaurants and places to go. It was fun to chat with other guests at the happy hour we attended and at breakfast both mornings. The food was fantastic - and it looked too good to eat! We did not have a car, and we were able to walk everywhere we went, even to the museums across town. I could not have imagined a nicer place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014
South Dakota
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We rented 3 rooms at the Queen Anne and spent two wonderful days with the staff at this beautiful Victorian home. I really enjoyed sitting on the open front porch and watching the day come to life. This is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in downtown Denver. Free parking, a great breakfast, and a wine reception each evening. Thumbs up to the staff of the Queen Anne

Room Tip: We had the Garden, Columbine, and Skyline rooms, they were all nice sized rooms with A/C
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our first time in a bed and breakfast and we are forever changed! Milan and the staff are so wonderful. Milan makes a green spicy Indian chutney that is so, so good! I will never eat eggs again without craving that stuff. Milan is very kind, warm, and helpful. You feel welcome and at ease in this establishment. The rooms are spacious and creatively decorated. It is an old home, so don't expect it to look like a new, modern hotel. I prefer the character of an old house, though. There is a garden area in the back where you can lounge and enjoy a glass of wine or other libations.
The location is ideal. It is an easy walk to the 16th street mall and other fun locations. There are restaurants and shops also within walking distance.
Thank you Milan and staff, we will definitely be back!
Jen

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer N
Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a find. The gardens were welcoming and a great place to relax, read and enjoy new friends at the end of the day. The property was very clean. Breakfast was outstanding - organic fresh herbs from the garden, what more can you ask for.
I do not stay in bed and breakfast regularly. But, when I do, it always is enjoyable. Guest included businessman, leisure travelers and the romantic couple (of course). A couple of local restaurants within walking distance. Definitely walkable to downtown and the 16th Street Mall.
Definitely will consider staying again on my next visit to Denver. You should too.

Room Tip: I selected the Columbine Room overlooking the gardens in the back of the house. Small, quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo