“Loved the Queen Anne”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I stayed here for 5 nights for a business trip, and it was an excellent experience. I was a little worried that it wasn't close to downtown, but it was an easy walk or a short cab ride away. I loved coming home one night after a long day of meetings to find warm cider on the stove and other guests gathered around the table.

I had the Columbine room, which was just right for me. The room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable. The piped-in music gave it a relaxing ambience, and the free wi-fi was a major plus too. There was no TV in the room, which I also appreciated - sometimes it's nice to just get away without all the distractions. If I needed a news fix, I had the wi-fi, or newspapers in the living room.

The staff here is wonderful and really went out of their way to make it a great stay. There's a fridge in the kitchen that's stocked with cans of soda, which we were able to have at any time. Coffee, tea, and water from a dispenser were always available too. It's the little touches that really made it a fantastic stay. I hope I get to come back to Denver and stay with them again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2008

This bed and breakfast is under new ownership since June 2008 and will quickly make a name for itself. Milan and team were very kind and hospitable. They have taken a beautiful old, victorian Denver home, kept its charm and warmth, and added a contemporary renovation that is very impressive.

The food - all made from local and organic produce - was incredible and cooked fresh each morning. In the evening, guests are invited to have wine and cheese with the innkeeper - of course serving only organic, Colorado wines and cheeses.

The new ownership has taken to renovating the rooms and retrofitting each with eco-friendly paint, carpet, bedding, and furniture. My wife and I stayed in the Skyline room and had a beautiful time, enjoying the recent and contemporary redecoration.

Not to mention, it is conveniently located to downtown Denver and many delicious local restaurants nearby.

You will not regret your stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank dbauc
Reviewed 8 December 2008

My co-workers and I were lucky enough to stay at the Queen Anne during the 31st Starz Denver Film Festival and we were absolutely blown away. In the midst of a chaotic work time, we could always duck out to this Bed and Breakfast for a taste of calm and comfort. I cannot recommend this place enough. Great food, AMAZING BEDS (most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in at a hotel, etc.), lots of privacy, and a friendly staff...not to mention that the touch of Denver history on the walls was quite interesting. Also, the showers are awesome, with built in lavender soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Next time you get a chance for an escape in the city, take it at the Queen Anne.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank FilmFunDenver
Reviewed 12 October 2008

we spent 3 nights in this b&b and had the opportunity to try 3 different rooms: upstairs we found beautifully decorated and confortable spaces where we could spend a wonderful time. We were fond of the simply terrific, unusual and very tasty breakfasts, prepared each day with a different recipe from the kind indian family. Very friendly and helpful staff made our stay there an unforgettable one.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tigellino
Reviewed 11 September 2008

In August my company rented the entire BnB for a week long stay . The facility had recently been sold and the common areas and many of the bedrooms had been renovated. The new owner and all of the employees could not have been more gracious or helpful.
A wonderful breakfast was served each morning, wine and light hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Water, soft drinks, coffee and tea were available all day.
The BnB is situated close to downtown Denver giving you easy access. We actually walked most places. Many restaurants are within walking distance.
There is a lovely garden in the rear of the property with tables where one could have their breakfast or just sit and read.
It is a wonderful value and much more restful than a large hotel.
We were in Denver to work but would love to return here while on vacation.
If you stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank jcrdl
Reviewed 2 September 2008

What a nice place! There are new owners who are really trying to update the facility and the amenities, and to make it a "green" B&B. Our room (Oak Room) had a brand new bed, new sustainable wood floors from a local company and it smelled like green tea. The shampoo, conditioner and soap were Jason Organics. The breakfasts were all tasty, and we made it to one wine and cheese tasting that was enjoyable too. The garden in the back was a great place to relax. Bailey went out of her way to make sure our stay was a good one.
I would reccommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loggerin
Reviewed 19 May 2008

Several years ago I had occasion to travel to Denver on business. I was able to plan for a few extra days to see the downtown for the first time. I did a search for bed and breakfasts and as luck would have it I found the Queen Anne. I have stayed there many times since. I have always been treated extremely well. From the morning breakfast that is always well prepared to the evening tasting of Denver wines everything is excellently done. They have always gone out of their way to make my stay go well. Once I even had to check in late at night and leave early in the morning. They made sure I was able to come in after everyone was in bed and in the morning I found breakfast prepared extra early and waiting in the hall outside my door. References to local restaurants are based on my preference for that day and directions are always accurate. They have even called in my reservations for me. The King family and the Queen Anne seem to attract people who are fun and interesting to sit in the living room and share experiences with.

I like to walk in downtown Denver and I especially like to haunt Lower Downtown, or LoDo. This is a 15 minute walk away. In a different direction and a bit closer is the 16th street mall area. Across the street from the Queen Anne is a park. This makes for restful surroundings even though it's close to down town.

I'm looking forward to many more visits to the King family and I would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo