“Great value for our family”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #46 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We often stay here when in town for kids sporting events. The staff is always friendly. The front desk person, Cami, remembered me after only one visit. She gives outstanding personal service. A waitress at breakfast also recognized me. This is always our choice for when we need to be centrally located near downtown. It has everything we want in a hotel -- option for free off street parking if not included with your room, a good buffet breakfast (also look for a package where this is included), comfortable rooms (wish there was a frig) and pool for the kids.

Room Tip: If there is a big event or weekend activity, getting away from a lower room above the bar is better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

As a frequent visitor, we’re ecstatic to hear that we’re consistently hitting the mark each time you stay with us! It’s great that our prime location added to your trip. While our rooms do not include a refrigerator, one can be placed in your room upon request for a fee of $15. Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Denver Hotel! We can’t wait to have you back again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice. Very comfortable beds. There is really nothing of interest near the hotel so the grounds are pretty sparse. You will be confined to the hotel for food and beverage. The lobby bar has absolute terrible service. Thought it was an off night the first night - but it's the norm. Plan on getting up and chasing someone down anytime you need anything.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

While we’re glad that you enjoyed rest and relaxation with us, we’re disappointed to learn that other aspects of stay fell short of your expectations. There are plenty of great restaurants and shopping establishments nearby; our staff is always happy to provide you recommendations and our complimentary shuttle service can take you there! We’re very sorry that the service you received at our lobby bar was not up to par. We’ll be sure to share your comments with our bar staff in order to make improvements. Thank you for reaching out to us. We hope that you’ll give our hotel another chance; we’re sure that your next stay with us will be much better than the last.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Clean room. There were not any robes as I am used to with Renaissance. The bar is open late and is in the middle of the hotel, so if you want to get a good nights sleep bring earplugs. Several things were broken in our room, but friendly staff and close to local shopping.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Although we’re pleased to hear that you received great service during your stay with us, it’s unfortunate that other parts of your stay were not as satisfying. We apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced and for the broken objects. Your comments will be shared with our maintenance department so that they can investigate and make repairs. We welcome you to return the next time you’re in Denver.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Renaissance in Denver and the hotel itself was fine - a bit further from central city than I expected, but otherwise ok.

The guy who brought my room service to me was EXCEPTIONAL though. He was gracious in his normal duty, but then went so far out of his way to help me. I lost my laptop charger - he called around to find stores that were open for me. Then called me to tell me which stores were open. Then called again to make sure I got the message. It may not seem like a huge deal, but it was, to me in that moment. His name was O'Shea. Can't say enough nice things about him.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Your kind words for our staff members at the Renaissance Denver Hotel are greatly appreciated! All of us genuinely care about every guest that steps foot in our hotel and we’re always happy to assist you no matter what situation you encounter on your stay. We’re thrilled to hear that the employee you mentioned went above and beyond your expectations. We invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I really had a superb time staying at this hotel. I have sleep apnea and requested a higher floor for the quiet. When I was given the 3rd floor, I reminded the receptionist that my request was in the reservation and she (without hesitation) moved me up to the 11th floor which is the second highest AND upgraded. We loved our room, loved the food (breakfast buffet was awesome). The gift shop had everything we needed, the staff was incredibly friendly and room service was by far the fastest I have ever experienced. Even though I have family in Denver, and could have stayed with them - I can't imagine not staying at this hotel again. Plus so many shops and restaurants right across the street. Loved it! And will definitely be back.
PS. The hotel leaves free earplugs - what a genius thought! We had some rather loud neighbors, but due to the earplugs, we slept like babies. Amazing!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 11th or 12th floor - it's a must! And stay for breakfast! We had plans on our...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

It’s great that your overall stay at the Renaissance Denver Hotel was nothing short of spectacular. Being able to get a good night’s sleep is important when you’re traveling and we’re glad that you enjoyed rest and relaxation while you were with us. Our full American breakfast buffet at Vivace! Ristorante is often a favorite among our guests. Thank you for letting us know about your stay! We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Denver.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Checked in about 11:30am on 11/8. I told Cami at the front desk that I was there to get away for a night with my husband and have belated celebration for my 50th birthday. She took it upon herself (I never asked for an upgrade or anything special) to upgrade our room to the 11th floor. There was wrestling and volleyball state tournaments that weekend and as you could imagine, uncountable high schoolers ready to play. You must have a room key to access the top 2 floors. So by us being on the 11th floor, we were almost assured to not have kids running around the halls....which we did not. Cami then handed me a bottle of water and I went on my way. Upon entering our room we could not believe the view! The downtown Denver skyline was unbelievable at that height! Did Cami do that on purpose? I may never know.
After being in the room a little while, a knock came at our door. My husband answered and I heard him say, "Oh, you must have the wrong room." Then he called me to the door. A delivery boy was there with a bottle of chilled champagne and a plate of fresh strawberries, lemon bars, pound cake and rice crispy bars with chocolate and caramel dipping sauces. All this was accompanied by a card from CAMI wishing me a happy birthday! Cami also gave us a ticket for two complimentary breakfast buffet for Saturday morning. I could not believe it. I had never been treated so special at any other hotel that I have ever stayed at.
When I went to check out we paid cash, not knowing our 3rd party booking company had already charged our credit card. After finding this out, we returned to the hotel and spoke with Ka-man. She was very pleasant and after verifying with the booking company that the room had already been paid for, she gladly refunded our money.
We have stayed at MANY hotels. But the customer service, the food, the bar (excellent Long Island ice teas BTW) and the room amenities we experienced at the Renaissance Denver, CO will be close to impossible to beat! Cami and Ka-man get two thumbs up and more! Thank you for making 50 REALLY feel fabulous!

Room Tip: Higher floors have more privacy and amazing views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Birthday! There’s no better way to celebrate such a special occasion than with a getaway at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. Delivering a high level of service is very important to us and we’re happy to hear that you experienced that, both on your stay and during a misunderstanding upon your checkout. Your compliments for our employees are greatly appreciated and we will definitely share them with the staff members you specifically mentioned; we’re sure your warm words will really make their day! It would be a pleasure to have you back again.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com