“Our stay in Denver”
other travellers have booked this property
View from upstairs deck of little lake behind home.
View of front of the house in early June. View of big ski lake across the street in front.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from upstairs deck of little lake behind home.
View of front of the house in early June.
View of big ski lake across the street in front.
View from front door onto space between the houses across the street where the big ski lake is.
View of big ski lake across the street in front.
Large downstairs guest living area.
Large downstairs guest living area.
Guest kitchen downstairs.
Guest bedroom with ensuite full bathroom.
Private sitting area in bedroom.
Ensuite bathroom adjoining guest bedroom.
View from back patio of back yard.
View of back patio with gas grill that guests are welcome to use.
Great room upstairs.  Fuschia rocking chair is now in downstairs guest bedroom.
Upstairs dining room.
View from front door with my two cats. Upstairs kitchen and great room are in the background.
Stairway to walkout basement where guest rooms--bedrooms, private bathrooms, full kitchen, are.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Fearless7...
“caution”
Reviewed 26 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

the place needs a maintenance man and a cleaning lady, had to make extra effort to get key to lock our room, to enter thru front door watch out for big dog is nice but very forceful, enter thru back you walk around truck in driveway then down some freelance brick path with loose bricks, at night bring flash lite cause it extra dark and you'll get spider webs in face and bushes and plants hanging on pathway then,its like walking down from the rocky mountian but your just trying to get to your car to your room in a gated community, 70 feet, be careful, get to sliding door, garden hose laying across doorway, screen door is barely hanging on, no lock, got to use a board when your the last one in which sometimes late depending on what everybody is doing,walk inside you get a bad musky smell from all the i think dog or cat stains on the rug on floor, meet a couple there they couldn't wait to leave, then to kitchen, you could only run one appliance at a time are you would blow the circuit, coffee maker looked about 10 tears old,now were off to our room, walking through a two level foyer with a adjustable gate to stop big nice dog from coming down and it worked thank the lord,walked by bath room which is in the foyer, to shut your door you have to lift door handle up for it to latch, the bedroom was suppose to sleep 4 we had problems with 2, i can keep going but i'm running out of space.air conditioning would help the smell, after i left, i got home 900 miles away i seen on my internet he left me some messages when he could of just come down stairs,he never answers his phone while you are there but calls back at a latter time,you can see dirt on top of base boards and lite switch's, one wall plug was pulled out of wall and held up with duct tape that's where i plugged the fan in that i found by the freezer in the foyer by our bathroom. the guy mite have a doctor degree in philosophy but he don't have a maintenance degree or cleaning degree or safety, besides all that in a good neighborhood and could be a nice place just bad deal

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
16 Sep 2017
First of all this couple stayed in Rm 1, not Rm 3.

I have had many very happy guests who have given me excellent reviews over the past few years that I have been renting out rooms in my home.

It became clear from the start that this couple were determined to be miserable and do nothing but drink and complain about everything. Mark called just at 11 a.m. of their arrival day and wanted to know if he could check in, since he was waiting around in his hot vehicle. I told him I could not have the room he reserved, Rm 3, ready till late afternoon, which is the check in time because I didn’t have help at that time. But I could offer him Rm 1 instead. I made it clear that this room doesn't have an ensuite bathroom but a 3/4 bathroom in the alcove just outside the door. I added that this room is bigger than Rm. 3 and has a couch, rocking chair, and lamp table at the end opposite the bed.

When the husband arrived he complained that they just had a terrible experience at Motel 6, and I thought, "oh great," even a motel with room service and all the rest doesn’t make you happy—and this is a private home, which some guests new to B and Bs don’t realize.

Mark immediately opened up all the windows, not just in his room but throughout the common area. He took a window box fan for his room in the alcove and the sitting fan outside another room for their use, if they wanted it, plugged them in, and turned them on. I explained that I use an evaporative cooler and the windows should only be cracked except during the night when it’s cool. I added that I do have a refrigeration unit on the furnace which I could turn on instead, but that Xcel Energy want us to use evaporative coolers to keep us from brownouts and save energy. But no matter. They seemed determined to believe what they wanted and accept any solution.

They drank, smoked and complained all the time, making my other guests very uncomfortable. One very sweet college student kept trying to comfort the wife. She told me that she felt sorry for her because she was really having a hard time. She didn’t do well standing or walking. She didn’t think anything would make them happy since their perception were so skewed.

Their two little dogs that went off like sirens at every sound and sight. They tried to quiet them but they weren't very effective. The other couple that they wrote couldn’t wait to get out of here complained about their dogs barking but they just got angry and told me how unreasonable the other couple were for complaining about barking before 10 p.m. That couple went to bed early so they could be out and about early.

Mark’s wife found a shovel and scraped off my wood chips near the patio in the back because, according to her, my yard and the pathway down the hill to the patio door was dangerous. (When you cannot walk everything becomes a danger.) At the start I told them they were welcome to come in and out the front door, but no, they found excuses against that solution too.

They complained that there was a TV but no cable box in their bedroom. I responded that there are two cable boxes in the guest area, one in the common room where there’s a TV and one in another bedroom with a TV. That box can float around, depending on who wants it. Most people seem to watch TV using their computers. I said I could move the cable box in the living area to their room if they wanted. But again, they wanted to complain rather than work for solutions.

I am known for being friendly, available, and accommodating but, like everyone else here, I didn’t want to spend more time than necessary visiting with these guests. I’ve never seen people who could find more to complain about, only some of which was based in reality but grossly distorted by their physical and mental incapacity.

When they left three days later, I had to bring in a professional carpet cleaner to take care of all their drink stains. I also had to do extraordinary pick up and cleaning from the cigarette butts and partly filled pop bottles strewn everywhere.

By the way:
The patio screen has been fixed, as was the latch on the bedroom door, which I'd had looked at by many handymen who couldn't figure out how to make it latch without pulling the door upward when you shut it. The wall plug this couple complained about was obscured by a chest with extra linens, so I didn't know it had been taped to the wall with white tape that didn't show. (No one had ever remarked about it.) The screws that should have held it in place were screwed back in, so it too is fine now. I added more lights to the pathway down the hill, but that still will not help people who have a hard time walking.

I certainly would not recommend these guest to anyone else.
Lynnett R
Forest Lake, United States
“Our stay in Denver”
Reviewed 13 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay at the home of Thomas Watson. He was very accommodating and took the time to get to know us and was very easy to visit with. The room was very nice and private and the neighborhood was very nice and safe. The gated community was a plus as well. Enjoyed walking around the lake. Overall enjoyed our stay very much. Close to pretty much everything in Denver that we wanted to see.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
19 Feb 2017
Lylnnett and Steven were fine guests, interesting and personable. I talked quite a bit with Steve, who revealed a depth of experience and depth, which I really appreciated. They left the room really clean and neat, even bringing up their bedding and towels to the laundry room for me. And, not least, our animals loved them too.
Explore57...
“Mary kay consultant”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Superior location for a business trip
Quiet, clean, comfortable. So reasonably priced for excellent accommodations.

6 Nov 2016
Thanks for the fine review. You and family are welcome here any time.
Jacqui962
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Wonderful meeting Tom he is a excellent host and a great conversationalist.His home is your home.The room was a nice size and very comfortable.Very clean,warm and cozy.It is close to all access roads that lead to Denver,access to the mountains ,sports fields , and of couse the beautiful town of Arvada.Would definely stay again.

6 Nov 2016
Jacqui and family are great to have around, helpful, kind, interesting. They're welcome back at anytime.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing