Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$370
US$321
The Crawford Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmountain viewfree breakfastyogurtwhole foodsvery pleasant staybathroom doorsitting arearooms are spaciousworkout roomeasy accessthe breakfast areaconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againeach morninghot breakfastnice roomfront desk staff
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute because our original hotel was closed due to flooding. We got a brilliant deal because the hotel had only opened three days before we arrived.

We were very early, but thankfully were able to check in straight away. The desk clerk was very helpful, although was clearly still getting used to the computer system. We warned that the water would be off until late afternoon, obviously due to the remodel, but we went out so it didn't really matter too much.

The room was lovely. It was a good size, with a corner sofa under the window and a king bed and a massive HD TV. There was a fridge in the room. The bathroom had a lovely modern shower.

The breakfast was well-stoked, but was actually a bit disappointing. My expectations were quite high about the advertised 'kitchen skillet', but really there were just sausage and egg biscuits. There were many other items, though, and I did enjoy what I had.

The nice thing about the hotel is that if you forget items (hairspray, deodorant, mouthwash, etc), you can take them from a basket at the front desk. This was a nice touch.

The hotel has ample free parking. The hotel is quite a long distance from downtown Denver (by public transport it was a bus and a light rail journey), so it did feel a long way from the action, but it suited our purposes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed there about a few weeks after the remodel and while the overall 'surface' of the hotel seems updated there are some thing I guess you can't update. Take for instance the walls and sound... you can hear a LOT from the next room, the hall...even the windows somehow creak and pop... Hard to get a good nights rest. Also the house keeping staff seems to have not been upgraded much, there was hair on our bathroom counter and the toilet was not quite clean (gross). Not a horrible hotel and if you get a great rate but nothing to recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Reviews prior to 10-1-13 can be ignored for the most part except for location comments. New chain, overall remodel. Rooms are large and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are roomy and shower enclosure in glass is a nice change from shower curtains and tight spaces. Great higher end towels. Nice rolling shades with enough blackout for good sleep. Noise level was average - heard plenty of slamming doors in the morning and the TV next door in the evening but overnight was pretty quiet. The beds though seem to me to be a really poor choice to cut cost corners - mine was super firm and I woke up after a few hours uncomfortable and with stiff hips. The sheets felt scratchy and cheap - maybe they'll soften over time but for now they were uncomfortable. Comforter OK. Breakfast was Standard American Diet style - all about processed, sugar and preservative-filled items - but no different from other chains and I'm sure many folks will be happy with it. The breakfast area was pleasant and at least the set up was nice with reusable dishes and silverware so lots of props for that instead of all the upsetting amounts of disposables in most places. Coffee was not great but not bad. 24/7 food service items had some decent choices for reasonable prices. Staff was pleasant though the front desk was understaffed when the bar was hopping and in the morning at checkout time. I had pretty significant key issues, but given that they were 'breaking in' the hotel and I had an opening special rate I don't fault them much for that. If you don't know the location do a little research - unless you have a car this is a tough spot and even if you do the rush hour traffic can make it seem a lot further from downtown than it is. Fitness center was clean, spacious, and included free weights, 4 treadmills, and other nicer machines but they didn't have wipes or cleaning spray to clean your machine before/after use. No pool or spa here. Overall it's a nice remodel but unless you are fine with very firm beds there are tons of other chain hotel choices in Denver.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

You can always tell the difference between a place where the employees love their job and one where they are miserable and they hate it. At this hotel, they obviously are enjoying their new gigs as this shiny new Hyatt property, and it shows. The guy who checked me in was very friendly and gave me a little mini tour of the hotel after checking in.

This hotel has a bar in the lobby with an ironic twist - the front desk staff actually run back and forth between serving you at the bar and checking guests in up front. It's pretty entertaining to watch them run back and forth and they do so with a smile and a very friendly attitude. I'm sure once the hotel gets busier they will need a dedicated person to run the bar and serve drinks and food or they will not be able to continue providing the most efficient service.

The rooms are nicely redone, I love having a real couch to kick back and relax on in my room, and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms are very modern, complete with a frosted glass sliding privacy door, and a backlit mirror and nice warm-tone wooden vanity made by European designers Decolav. The shower has plenty of water pressure and hot water, and they provide some nice spa-quality soap and shampoos and SOFT towels!! I love hotels that have soft towels and not the sand paper ones.

The rooms have all the other amenities you can expect including an ironing board, coffee maker, and a larger (40+ inch) flat screen TV. The TV has a USB and HDMI port in the front so you can hook up your own devices, i.e. an AppleTV or a video camera. The clock radio has an external plug to hook up an MP3 player, and the closet is lit up which is a nice touch.

The beds are very comfortable although I didn't care much for the pillows, I guess I'm used to sleeping with a foam pillow so I didn't really care much for the super soft ones they had in there. Overall though, the room was quiet and we got a good nights sleep, even though the room was right by the elevator I never heard any elevator noises coming from our room.

Parking and wi-fi are free here. Note, the neighborhood does look a little sketchy, even though it says "Cherry Creek" there are good parts of Cherry Creek and some sketchy. Across the street there appear to be some interesting Asian businesses including a massage parlor and a few bars and a liquor store. There are some apartments adjacent to the hotel that don't appear to be the most high class rentals in town. We didn't have any issues, but better safe then sorry - don't leave any valuables in your car.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel especially for the deal we got on Expedia. The staff definitely seal the deal for me as they were the most friendly and accommodating hotel staff I've ever met. I wanted to buy a bottle of water and they ran out, so they went to the grocery store and bought a case of water and gave me a couple free bottles. That's what I call service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank djrobsd
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel has been remodelled from another named chain. A lot of remodelling tends to be surface only however this hotel is new from top to bottom inside and out. What you see in the pictures is what you get. Service was outstanding from the day we arrived. Pam was extremely helpful especially as this was our first stop in Denver. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Chinese restaurant across road Ming dynasty was very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple