“Room ok. Breakfast sucks.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, California
“Room ok. Breakfast sucks.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The room was good except that that night the internet was not working at all, but breakfast totally ruined my stay. If you're not going to replace or renew any of the items an hour before breakfast is to end, don't say you have breakfast until that hour! We came a half hour before breakfast was to end and everything was picked bare. There were some eggs the tops of which had gone hard sitting out all morning, disgusting, and some waffle bricks. I took one before knowing it was a brick. I saw that they removed them after I took it. I thought they were going to be replaced and waited, but they never came. I get it, that your staff is lazy, but you need to compensate and tell guests breakfast ends an hour earlier than you say it does, because it does. Furthermore, even hotels which are supposedly on a lower tier have waffles irons so you can make yourself a fresh waffle and don't serve bricks. It was a disappointing experience and I would not go back. But anyway if you stay here and they tell you breakfast ends at 10:00, in reality it ends at 9:00.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We deeply apologize that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory. You will be happy to know that feedback was heard and we have taken steps to make sure that breakfast is refreshed more frequently and waste reduced. We hope that you stay with us again and that your experience is much improved over your last stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hyatt has taken the old Loews Denver and reimagined it to new concept level. The checkin counter is directly inside the front door, and extends to a lobby bar and eventually to an eating area where light food may be ordered from a small kitchen. The front office staff is cross-trained to serve in all capacities. It's an interesting concept that works on an informal level very well. I had no noise problems, and my room was attractively decorated. The breakfast is phenomenal with many choices including french toast, scrambled eggs and oatmeal I would describe the overall effect as smart and minimal. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the west side gives a splendid view of the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SnowmassCOtraveler
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean, and updated. The beds were very comfy. The fitness facility had new equipment. The breakfast was also great. We didn't explore the area much, but it seemed like there were somethings to do. It is also dog friendly and had treats for our pup at the check-in desk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel R
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for kind opinion of our hotel. We love having you as well as your furry companions. Next time you stay with us please don't be shy. Feel free to ask any of our staff about restaurants or entertainment in the area. We would love to help make your stay in Colorado a fun and memorable one. Hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in the Cherry Creek suburb of Denver for two nights. The hotel lacks the fit and finish of other Hyatt properties but the low price reflects that, particularly when you consider that breakfast is included. Our room was relatively large with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was up-to-date but had only a shower, as one would expect. We were on an upper floor and were able to hear a late night party (i.e. 3 AM) going on elsewhere on our floor. The location is one that requires a car to get anywhere but that is compensated by free self parking. We had a pastry from their bar one evening and it was quite stale.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, I really enjoyed the breakfast, it was more than what I was expecting. Overall, the hotel is very clean, the look and feel of the rooms is very nice. Modern, stylish yet very comfortable.
Location is great, in 5 minutes or less you can arrive to the Cherry Creek mall, there is a Best Buy 10 min away; and lots of restaurants nearby.
Walls are little thin, and apparently you can hear the noise from the next room. Next morning, the guest from the other room complaint to us that we were too loud.... I was a little confused because we were not making noises; we were just accomodating our shopping and preparing ourselves to drive to the mountain next day..... we were tired, we could barely talk, but apparently the next room noticed we were up and it was unpleasant for them.
So that's the only observation, although the complaint was not on my side.

I am happy that my wife chose this hotel, it was a great experience from all angles: price, location, comfort. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chino-viajero
Mill Valley,CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Everything that they say about the noise issue...its true. I am in the hotel now, listening to people having sex on one side of me, and a baby crying on the other. It's 8PM so I'm not going to freak out, err, complain yet, but if this continues into the night I will have to. Fortunately, because I read the reviews, I came prepared with earplugs. Other than the noise issue, the room has a pleasing decor and is very nice overall for what it is.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nikaMillValley_CA
Dear valued guest,
We apologize for the noise from the neighboring rooms. We have done some soundproofing on the rooms doors. Please do not ever be afraid to ask any of the staff to deal with noisy neighbors. We want everyone to have a pleasant stay with us. We want to do everything we can to make your stay tranquil and peaceful. Hope to see you again soon.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed one night in mid-January 2014. No problem with noises reported elsewhere - we were on an upper floor. Nice to see the Wall Street Journal by the door in the morning instead of McPaper. Good coffee and Tazo tea for breakfast, with a nice buffet selection of hot and cold items including fresh grapefruit. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MichaelJKelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!