“Wonderful Hotel!!”

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Ranked #30 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels me and my family have stayed at in quite a while. The hotel is very clean and they did $10M in renovations that surely shows. The lobby has a friendly staff to accommodate all of your needs. They have an upscale bar that you can grab a quick bite to eat or have a drink. The rooms are really big compared to other hotels. The beds are really comfortable and the view from the room is simply breathtaking! I will defiantly stay at this hotel again when I am in the Denver area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again next time you stay with us. Again we appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I think this in one of the best hotel I have been in for a while when it comes down to the cleanliness and furniture and design. I like mostly everything about this place accept the breakfast. I think it deserves a upgrade in quality. But other than that, this is one of the best hotels I've been in for a while. Front desk agents can smile a little more though. ;=)

Room Tip: Facing the mountains are always my view. Ask for that side of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Evangelist S

We appreciate your comments on our establishment and will definitely take your suggestions into advisement. We will work on our hosts smiling more when guests are present.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was formerly a Loew's property and became a Hyatt Place in October 2013. They've done a lovely job of remodeling the rooms - comfortable and attractive, with good housekeeping. Lobby spaces are also nicely done, and front desk staff was friendly. On the other hand...

Internet access is the WORST I've experienced in a decent hotel. Just trying to connect to wireless is frustrating (especially from iOS devices). Speed of connection is terrible - less than old-fashioned dial-up connection. If you're hoping to actually do any business from a computer in your room, forget it. (I spent four days at the hotel and it was resolutely awful the whole time.)

The structure of the hotel creaks and pops constantly. Maybe it's because it was unseasonably hot during my visit, causing expansion and contraction, but it never stopped making noises - loud enough to make sleeping problematic. Similarly, any noise in the hallways sounds like it's in your room, probably the result of a 1.5" gap at the bottom of the room door.

If you approach the hotel from the north on Colorado Blvd., you'll see a sign saying "Hyatt Place" on the top of an attractive, modern 20-story building. That's not the hotel! The hotel is actually behind that tower, an uninspired lower black-glass cube. The whole property is surrounded by a parking lot and several ugly, low-brow strip malls. Not the upscale environment I associate with Cherry Creek. And traffic on Colorado Blvd. (the only access route to the hotel) is terrible at nearly every hour of the day.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are too many other options, both nearby and across Denver. Definitely my least favorite Hyatt property among quite a few, including others in the Denver area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a great view of the Rockies.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank todste

Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel. We apologize for the internet issues you experienced while with us. If you ever need the option of hardwired internet there are select rooms that have that option available.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Pleasant surprise to find fresh cut flowers on the desk when we checked into the room! Very clean hotel with friendly, accommodating staff. The hotel was completely sold out but the front desk people were able to get us 2 rooms next to each other. Great breakfast, spacious areas for lounging.

Room Tip: We had room on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the mountains.......left the blinds open and w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Glad to here you had a great stay with us and that you felt at home with us. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your staying with us again. Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The physical form of the hotel from outside is not very impressive, however the convenient parking and convenient access to Cherry Creek (driving distance not walking) and freeway made up for the aesthetics. In general, the interior designer and staff are doing their best with a number of odd design choices. I think it was originally supposed to be contemporary but it is hard to know as I never saw it when it was Loews.
The hotel lobby has a somewhat odd layout but it works. There are all of the typical facilities- computers, gym, good neighborhood for walk, and something increasingly rare in Denver core free parking.
The room was fine, nice bathroom with odd sliding glass door. Comfortable bed and efficient layout to get Jr Suite features in a modest sized room. We were on the top floor and had very nice views.
The morning breakfast was also fine- eggs, toast, cereal, waffles, juice, sausage, coffee, and good Tazo tea selection.
Staff was excellent, the best feature to me. Everyone was prompt, helpful, and seemed interested in guests.
We had a good price from Expedia and it was a nice room for the sub $100 nt. category.
I would stay here again as we have family in the area and it was a very convenient location yet not next to a freeway. The staff made me willing to stay there again, short of that I would be ambivalent.
They have lots of info about sharing items that one might have forgotten and I finally had a chance to use the service as I forgot my razor. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: Higher is better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very thorough review of our establishment. I'm glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond for you, I know they will do the same if you come to see us again. Thank you once again for your comments and review.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic. It was easy to access from the freeway and parking was free and easy. The room was very clean and modern and it would be pleasant to actually spend time there enjoying the view. I would definitely consider Hyatt Place at the top of my list in any city based off this experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, We are pleased to hear that your stay was more than satisfactory and we appreciate your staying with us and would love to see you with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel was well-kept and room was clean. Sparely furnished but certainly adequate. Location is not very close to Cherry Creek Mall or downtown Denver but it is easy to get everywhere and there are many franchise restaurants and grocery stores close by as well as Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, etc. Breakfast bar had a good number of choices and was regularly replenished. Lighting in rooms is too florescent and kind of ugly - should replace with the softer, more incandescent type of CFLs. Only one phone by the desk, no phone next to bed, but it is cordless so can be moved by the bed for your wake-up call. Seemed to be very pet-friendly (although we did not have a dog with us.) Nice amount of seating in the lobby and computer area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high and on the west side of the building. Although it faces busy Colorado Ave. ther...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel and are pleased to here you had a good stay with us. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We will also take into account your comments on the lighting in the rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Stapleton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!