“Beautiful and Great Service!”

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Ranked #28 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beautiful and Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with quality design and finishes. Huge shower with great shower head! Nice sectional sofa for a very cozy feel. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Great breakfast, far superior in variety and quality that we normally encounter. This will be our first choice when returning to Denver. Next time I will ask for a room on the side with "mountain views". Internet was a tad slow but I didn't come to Denver to sit on my computer. :-)
Just a wonderful stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We are glad that you like the remodel to a more modern hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great location with terrific rooms. My only complaint is the staff is new and needs more training. One day our room wasn't made up and often times the front desk was no empty. The breakfast is good and the price is right. With proper attention to detail this hotel has lots of potential.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
We Apologize for our being short staffed during your stay, we are now fully staffed and able to be more attentive to guests needs. Again we apologize and hope to have you with us again soon.
Wyomissing, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 days while visiting University of Denver. Everything about the hotel was top notch. I was surprised since we opted for an affordable choice. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. (Kudos to Ryan for keeping his cool while dealing with some very obnoxious travellers checking in before us)
The breakfasts were real breakfasts with fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, as well as typical free breakfast fare. There is a small bar that offers food late into the night. And surprisingly, it was pretty good!
The room was clean and spacious. Parking was convenient and the location was right for exploring the area. The only things that I wish were better: I do agree with another reviewer that the pillows were a too firm and I did easily hear the people in the hallway at night.
All in all, I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mygraygirl
We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future. we will make sure that your praise of our host is passed on to him. Thank you again and hope to see you all soon.
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

this old revamped hotel is clean, staff is friendly. I'm sure the dogs they allow to stay overnight are sweet as well, but barking dogs all night long is a horrible problem. Also, the AC was mediocre and the big pillows are very hard. So no sleep last night and we are checking out and going elsewhere, If you want a cheap hotel, this is it, and now I know why. I knew there was going to be a problem when we walked in the room and the hotel had provided "free" earplugs with a remarkable spin provided..."keep it quiet, get the most out or your bed with our free noise-reducing earplugs". I will accomplish that by spending my money elsewhere.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We try to keep all our furry friends on the second floor so we apologize again and we will look into other solutions to the problems you had.
Kinder, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels me and my family have stayed at in quite a while. The hotel is very clean and they did $10M in renovations that surely shows. The lobby has a friendly staff to accommodate all of your needs. They have an upscale bar that you can grab a quick bite to eat or have a drink. The rooms are really big compared to other hotels. The beds are really comfortable and the view from the room is simply breathtaking! I will defiantly stay at this hotel again when I am in the Denver area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again next time you stay with us. Again we appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I think this in one of the best hotel I have been in for a while when it comes down to the cleanliness and furniture and design. I like mostly everything about this place accept the breakfast. I think it deserves a upgrade in quality. But other than that, this is one of the best hotels I've been in for a while. Front desk agents can smile a little more though. ;=)

Room Tip: Facing the mountains are always my view. Ask for that side of hotel.
Green Features: It can seem a little to business like in feel, but they look to be striving for a more relax feel like the W. But I think they can be better if they get more training in customer service in the area of hospitality.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Evangelist S
We appreciate your comments on our establishment and will definitely take your suggestions into advisement. We will work on our hosts smiling more when guests are present.
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was formerly a Loew's property and became a Hyatt Place in October 2013. They've done a lovely job of remodeling the rooms - comfortable and attractive, with good housekeeping. Lobby spaces are also nicely done, and front desk staff was friendly. On the other hand...

Internet access is the WORST I've experienced in a decent hotel. Just trying to connect to wireless is frustrating (especially from iOS devices). Speed of connection is terrible - less than old-fashioned dial-up connection. If you're hoping to actually do any business from a computer in your room, forget it. (I spent four days at the hotel and it was resolutely awful the whole time.)

The structure of the hotel creaks and pops constantly. Maybe it's because it was unseasonably hot during my visit, causing expansion and contraction, but it never stopped making noises - loud enough to make sleeping problematic. Similarly, any noise in the hallways sounds like it's in your room, probably the result of a 1.5" gap at the bottom of the room door.

If you approach the hotel from the north on Colorado Blvd., you'll see a sign saying "Hyatt Place" on the top of an attractive, modern 20-story building. That's not the hotel! The hotel is actually behind that tower, an uninspired lower black-glass cube. The whole property is surrounded by a parking lot and several ugly, low-brow strip malls. Not the upscale environment I associate with Cherry Creek. And traffic on Colorado Blvd. (the only access route to the hotel) is terrible at nearly every hour of the day.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are too many other options, both nearby and across Denver. Definitely my least favorite Hyatt property among quite a few, including others in the Denver area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a great view of the Rockies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank todste
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel. We apologize for the internet issues you experienced while with us. If you ever need the option of hardwired internet there are select rooms that have that option available.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!