“The Best Breakfast!”

Ranked #7 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Riverton, Wyoming
“The Best Breakfast!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Loved my stay at the Holiday Chalet.. Scott, the chef, made an amazing breakfast! There are many breakfast options to choose from, and everything I tried was delicious. Everyone is so warm and welcoming here, and it's a beautiful Victorian B&B in a great location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here after the Michael Buble concert in November. The room turned out to be more of an efficiency studio! The bedroom, bath , and kitchen (YES - I said kitchen) were each in separate rooms, with hardwood and tile floors.

The B&B is on Colfax, which while it may have some negative connotations, we found to be safe, and close to the local scene. We even ate a late snack at Pete's just a few blocks down, good gyros. The B&B was delightful, the owner was very friendly, and had a great story of the history of the B&B, too.

The breakfast was served by Mark, who has a secret recipe for "Cowboy Pancakes." It was just one, but this apple and cinnamon cake, made in a pan, would have been plenty for the both of us. This pancake was about 2 inches thick, and 6-8 inches wide, covered with whipped cream. Hat's off to Mark! The rest of the breakfast spread was more than you could ask for - coffee, orange and pomegranate juice, milk, fruit, cookies, and on and on!

The nice clean place to stay near downtown, 15 minutes from Pepsi Center, 5 from the 16th St Mall and Lodo, and just down from the Filmore and other venues, plus the value of Mark's breakfast can't be beat by the big hotel chains. This is no continental breakfast my friend. We highly recommend this B&B for a great change to the same old Hilton or Ramada rooms you have grown a custom to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven O
bristol vermont
Reviewed 8 November 2013

At the Holiday chalet,my time there was very pleasant and comfortable.This very unique victorian B&B has a feel of its own If you are looking for place to stay that has room service,valet or lounge,I'm sure you will find a Plaza some where,Even though this place has non of those things,It is filled w/charm,and a very caring staff.Megan was very helpful and such a joy to chat with at Breakfast.Food to me was very good,and interacting w/ other guest made for a very family setting.I agree w/the person who said This the difference between hospitality and just a room.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed there a few weeks back. It was clean, well maintained. I really enjoyed the quaint patio and the historic feel. The breakfast was amazing! They have a good selection of great items. I was served a specialty green chili burrito that knocked my socks off.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

OUTSTANDING... 5 Star is an understatement... It was just a joy to be a guest... I've traveled the world and know when the Management cares and when they are just going through the motions... Crystal Sharp - a true hands on owner - cares deeply... and that is the difference between hospitality and just a room... from the maid, to the cook, everyone was top shelf... when they say Bed and Breakfast, we are talking a picture perfect bedroom (10 foot ceilings - with crystal chandeliers) - and breakfast to die for, (I've never seen bacon that thick or had French toast so good) - ... WHAT A JOY !

Room Tip: Book early
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Holiday Chalet used to be an elegant old home and was turned into a boarding house many years ago. The B&B owners try real hard to create the old Victorian look and I enjoyed the antiques. However, the kitchenettes are out-dated and could be eliminated. Too much of the place is worn and old and need to be up-dated. The bed was uncomfortable.

The neighborhood has some fantastic old mansions and seems safe enough by day, but get in and out fast at night. Parking is poor, though right on the busy street seems safest -- not behind the liquor store.

Crystal is an excellent hostess. She makes the place fun and lively. An art event takes place once a month. Artists and musicians stayed for the afternoon. Music played in the pleasant little courtyard. I also enjoyed Crystal's handmade clothing offered for sale. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. The place was full and everyone was having a good time and shared stories.

I would probably stay at the inn again, but my husband would not.

Room Tip: If you like old and authentic, you'll like Holiday Chalet. Our two rooms 332 and 232 were big. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

First let me say, I read the reviews and was well aware of the sketchy location and parking difficulties. However, upon arrival, Crystal helped me carry my huge bags (I was here to move my daughter into dorms at college) and showed me around the house, which I found interesting and eclectic.
Yes the location is on a street where the less desirable folk abound, but if you walk one door away you'll see that this lovely old house is surrounded by beautiful old houses from the heyday of old Denver.
Denver is amid a process of revitalization and this house is in the heart of an area that is the "new cool" places to live.
If you aren't intimidated by city life, however rough, once inside, the place has great character and charm. The room was comfortable and I loved the old steam radiator fixtures and old world accoutrements.
This wouldn't be the best place for families with kids, as the acoustics would probably interrupt other guests, but as a traveller looking for a unique place to spend a few days with an older daughter off to college, I found it just what I wanted!
Just make sure your expectations are in line and you won't be disappointed, but possibly find a place to return to.

• Stayed August 2013