“Happy to have Managers Reception” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Denver International Airport

Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #13 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Eagle, Colorado
“Happy to have Managers Reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I had a flight cancellation in Denver due to bad weather. We have a membership with Hilton Honors and decided to try Homewood Suites for the first time. We arrived at dinner time (Managers Reception ends at 7pm) and were delighted to find that we didn't have to go out in the snow and cold for dinner. We enjoyed a buffet dinner and a glass of wine at no extra charge. Also got a load of laundry done before bedtime.
The staff was friendly and thoughtful, as we all seemed a bit stressed out from the ice, snow and very cold temperatures.
Krista Lopez was especially helpful when we checked out the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

While on business in Denver, my colleagues and I stayed at this hotel. The entire experience was superb, and I strongly recommend this hotel. Rooms were wonderful and the staff customer support was superb.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Council Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I bring a group of about 15 HS students to Denver each year to work at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center. This was our 3rd year staying here and it is always wonderful. We love sitting in the hot tub and goofing off in the pool after a long day of serving. The food is always great. We arrived on Thanksgiving Day and the buffet they had waiting for us made us feel like we were at home with family. We plan on staying here for all the years to come and we are thankful for such a wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is my second visit to a Homewood Suites. They have yet to disappoint me and consistently provide excellent service and combine it with excellent facilities and amenities. The pool area was very clean and well kept and the hot tub worked and was a good temperature. The fitness center was well appointed to allow the individual staying there to keep up with daily exercise. The food served was pretty good - not excellent but good enough to discourage one from seeking out food from a restaurant three times a day. Breakfasts were the best of the two meals offered; however, the meal that accompanied the Manager's Reception was still decent and saved my family significant money in meal costs.

The staff was friendly, from the front desk staff to the housekeeping to the food service workers. The location was great for my family as we were there for a follow-up for my daughter at the Denver Children's Hospital. We stayed there the Sunday through Wednesday before Thanksgiving and while it appeared that there were a decent number of people staying at the hotel, it was very quiet at all times (my kids were probably the loudest sounds in the building). There are several restaurants within walking distance and a large amount of restaurants within a few minutes drive. A Walmart was also within a couple miles for those who would rather skip the meals provided and prepare their own in the in-suite kitchen. The building has numerous exterior doors (key card access only) that allow you to reach the elevators and your room easily regardless of its location.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the Denver area and would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone interested in a quiet and restful stay. The customer service is great, the location is great, and the building and rooms are in excellent condition.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a letter I recently wrote to Sandra Montano, the General Manager:
Dear Sandy,
I am so pleased to have met you and your staff person, especially Angie Montes. The two of you have made what could have been an abysmal day into a blessing. Here is what I posted on Facebook.

I just have to share this. I am writing from the desk in the Homewood Suites near DIA (at the Gateway Park). After our flight was delayed out of Grand Junction-Denver-Durango-Montrose and on to Denver, Mom and I decided that this was going to be one of THOSE trips where nothing goes right. Boy were we ever wrong! ...

When I was asking a friend if we could crash at her family home in Denver because of our flight woes, she said she would call around and see if there was a place, because her daughter had just moved back in to the house. She called an hour later to say that there was "no room at the inn," but that another friend had agreed to pay for a night's lodging at a hotel I had only recently heard of (with no review or comment). Now I am in this wonderful hotel. This was a gift to both Mom and me! The amenities and the room and furnishings rival 5 star places where I have stayed. Besides, Mumsie is happy. The service staff, the Night Manager and the General Manager have been exceptionally hospitable. We have to leave at 5:00 to catch our flight tomorrow morning, so we were going to miss breakfast. The general manager sent the night manager to the store to get some eggs to hard boil for me to take on the shuttle and arranged a bag breakfast for Mom with a granola bar, a pastry, and some yogurt. I went down to buy some bottled water, and found I only had $3 in singles and to large bills. The manager offered to get change for me when she went to buy the eggs (they only use pre-cracked for scrambled) and she BROUGHT THE CHANGE TO MY ROOM!
I am SO BLESSED by so many friends and acquaintances, my heart is bursting with gratitude. I guess that is what Thanksgiving is for!
Your Staff, and in particular yourself and Angie need to be on the front page of "how a Hotel should be run" You made my mother comfortable--you didn't have to. We had paid for a King with a Sofa Bed in the suite. You got us another room. You accommodated two people in special needs and went out of your way to make sure our health issues were met and we were satisfied. Most of the time, these days, I encounter Hoteliers who are cranky, put out, and unhappy. You both came across as delightfully pleased to be serving us. This is a winning combination. I will MOST ASSUREDLY recommend your hotel to friends flying into DIA. And if all the other units of this company behave this way, there is no reason you should not be at the top of the list.

Sincerely
Fr. Don Malin, V. F.
Pastor

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I always stay at this hotel when travelling to Denver on business. You can get a shuttle from the airport and the manager's reception in the evening and the complimentary breakfast saves me from having to go out and find somewhere to eat on my own. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Midvale,UT, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is a true example of "Don't care, take it or leave it!" While the facility isn't old enough to be falling down, there were multiple issues with facilities condition and presentation of food that really suggests these people just don't care. Save your money! Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodStsGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience. We always try to make it a great stay.